Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started a game on Afghan domination, got to 3-0, then one of their guys gets a care package. Out comes a pavelow, and I die as it's right above me and cannot run anywhere as I'm at C. It spawns me 10 times in a row at C! TEN TIMES. As if I had a tactical insertion or something. Then they get a harrier out of a care package and the same thing happens - I keep spawning at C. Was close to smashing something when I got to 3 kills to 15 deaths. Recovered and got 30 something to 15. But fucking hell is this game annoying sometimes...

Just started a game on Afghan domination, got to 3-0, then one of their guys gets a care package. Out comes a pavelow, and I die as it's right above me and cannot run anywhere as I'm at C. It spawns me 10 times in a row at C! TEN TIMES. As if I had a tactical insertion or something. Then they get a harrier out of a care package and the same thing happens - I keep spawning at C. Was close to smashing something when I got to 3 kills to 15 deaths. Recovered and got 30 something to 15. But fucking hell is this game annoying sometimes...

Dude, why don't you use Cold Blooded on every class? It's the best perk in the game.

FAMAS is weak when a thermal scope is attached, I dont get it, annoys the bat shit out of me. Maybe im trying to be uber cool with it.

Use the AUG now with hardline, Such a good gun. pavelow is easily one of the best killstreaks. just let it get on with the job.

Oh have they nerfed the SPAS as well. Im pretty sure the range has gone down on it.

Edited by James

My perks for all classes are Marathon Pro, Cold Blooded (waiting for it to go pro) and Ninja Pro.

Last night I put that AGwhatever scope on my sniper and had a right good few games.

At first I thought it was shitty because it was essentially no longer a sniper...

But when running around I just kept getting loads of one shot kills.

Awesomo.

Nonsense. Most of the guns finish peeps off in a flash: FAMAS, FAL, AK-47, M16. Not to mention the shotguns....

Famas is basically an M16 with half damage, so becomes completely obsolete for me. The FAL is pants. The AK is alright. But using the M16 without Stopping Power makes a noticeable difference. I've used Stopping Power on all my classes on Cod 4,5,6 because it's easily the best perk. Thing is I do put Cold-Blooded on my 2nd sniper class, so on levels where thermal sniping is rife - like Wasteland - I can feel safer. But even then, I need to used the Wa200, as you can't guarantee a one-shot with the Intervention. Also, if you put a silencer and Cold-Blooded on a Barrett, you might as well be using a bb Gun. Oh, and the ACR without Stopping Power is laughable.

I was just knifed by some dude yet i unlocked some bonus points saying i had been killed by an infected... (ps3 version). Ive also noticed i have now unlocked a call sign saying 'infected'.

Anyone care to enlighten me on what happened? How were they infected!? (makes me think of Left 4 Dead!!!!) :confused:

I was just knifed by some dude yet i unlocked some bonus points saying i had been killed by an infected... (ps3 version). Ive also noticed i have now unlocked a call sign saying 'infected'.

Anyone care to enlighten me on what happened? How were they infected!? (makes me think of Left 4 Dead!!!!) :confused:

Google is such a wonderful thing.

You were knifed by someone with the infected title. A staff member started with it and spread it around.

So, I'll probably be getting this sometime latter in the week. In terms of the campaign, do I need to play the first one to get the story, or is it shallow enough that that's not necessary?

You don't need to play the first one, but I would recommend it. Just to get the backstory on the characters.

Google is such a wonderful thing.

You were knifed by someone with the infected title. A staff member started with it and spread it around.

I know Google is great isn't it!? :nono:

However thanks for letting me know, i just found it weird when someone knifed me then i got xp! Pretty cool idea really. Think i will spread some infected loving fun!

I know Google is great isn't it!? :nono:

However thanks for letting me know, i just found it weird when someone knifed me then i got xp! Pretty cool idea really. Think i will spread some infected loving fun!

There's another one, called STD. If you have that callsign equipped, whoever you knife 'catches' the STD. Nice.

Yeah that's not going to happen. Worth a rent though, absolutely. I'd say go for the campaign then snap up the sequel for the excellent multiplayer. If you don't play online a fair bit though I'd say buy neither because it's simply not worth the cash at all.

In Canada it seems to be starting to drop now, every few weeks I've been seeing it for cheaper. I'm not expecting to find it for $20, but at its current price, it still seems a little much. Although, it probably isn't for everything you're getting.

Edit:

Edited by Emasher