NEurope

Loving this too but revision keeps getting in the way....or is it the other way round lol. New maps are awesome I agree! We should get some peeps from the forum to have a game online sometime!

Really want to hop on and play MW2 to make the most of the double XP, and am quite tempted by the new maps but not sure if there's much point..

Really want to hop on and play MW2 to make the most of the double XP, and am quite tempted by the new maps but not sure if there's much point..

Double xp!?

Yup! It's been double xp since the maps came out and runs until...well, the end of today.

oh lol, iv played it a fair bit and not noticed lol. Ill cain it tonite then woo! anyone game?

Would mate but got the gf coming over so no gaming of any sorts unfortunately! Fear she might be staying for a while tomorrow as well..ack! :wink:

I'm all for new maps, and I don't have anything against the concept of DLC in principle, but they're asking way too much for 3 new maps. They used to give us this stuff for free, you know, as a treat for the loyal fans who've been playing a game since release, and perhaps as incentive for new players to pick up a re-release (Goty edition)(and some (plenty?) developers still do). Ok, there's indeed some extra labour involved, and they need to maintain their servers, so I don't object to paying a little bit for something extra.. But I think I probably pay 3 euros max. Then again, I like the game, and I'd love some new maps.. Let's see what those maps'll cost on Steam.

Oh, and I'm not counting the old maps, I definitely do not want to pay for those. They're old. And the give me less reason to start playing CoD4 multiplayer for a change.

I've found my favourite class now.

M16 - P1: Bling (acog+silencer) - P2: Hardline-Pro - P3: Ninja Pro.

Stinger.

Get loads of kills with that class, even against ACR's with Killing power on.

I've been kicking about with the TAR, and while it isn't as ranged as the SCAR it seems to be more reliable when I come across a potential multikill. Sessioning with this has also meant that I've become a bit forgetful with the SCAR and as a result I'm fairly sure that, in general, it doesn't matter what gun you have. All that matters is how much experience you have with it!

This prestige round I'm concentrating on Ninja, Lightweight and Marathon, also having the throwing nife as my ecquipment and generally using it when I find a dude standing still facing away, for killcam lols.

Still finding that the vogue maps are changing all the time for me - terminal and skidrow, though, are pretty much certain strong victories every time. Afghan, wasteland, underpass, derail and rundown are always either very good or very bad matches -- and I hate domination and HQ, though probably just because I'm trying to get my kills/deaths back into the positives (only about -50 currently!).

Prestiged for the first time over the double xp weekend. Focusing on sniping now....its so much fun! Going through all the challenges with with the Barett and gonna move onto the intervention soon.

I'd love to play on 3 new maps, but 1200 is way over budget. Considering entire masterpieces of XBLA games cost that much or less. Heck, you can get Portal for 1200 points.

I'd love to play on 3 new maps, but 1200 is way over budget. Considering entire masterpieces of XBLA games cost that much or less. Heck, you can get Portal for 1200 points.

Its only worth it if you play MW2 alot. The mileage you'd get from the 3 new levels is worth it for me. Its the only game I play!:grin:

I want the mario callsign, but I can't even get 10 killstreaks with killstreaks turned on!

Holy shit... lol

"Via Twitter, Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling just mentioned that Modern Warfare 2 gamers have logged more than 1.75 billion hours in the game, just on Xbox Live. That's nearly 200,000 years. Other fun equivalences on the jump.

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Celebrates 200,000-Year AnniversaryTwo Hundred Thousand Years is Equal To:

• The combined lifespan of everyone living in Hettinger Co., North Dakota (population 2,564, 2006 Census estimates), assuming an average life expectancy of 78 years. So, take an entire county out in the middle of nowhere, hook them up to an Xbox 360 and have them do nothing but play this game from birth to death, that's how much gaming has been done.

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Celebrates 200,000-Year AnniversaryTwo Hundred Thousand Years Ago:

• Was the Middle Paleolithic Era, and the earliest evidence of behavioral modernity - i.e. Neanderthals painting cave walls and burying their dead. So the combined playtime on this game would be older than even basic civilized behavior. Which is, frankly, not surprising.

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Celebrates 200,000-Year AnniversaryTwo Hundred Thousand Light Years Is:

• Roughly twice the diameter of the Milky Way. If an alien on Planet Zantrar 5 on the opposite side of the galaxy hosted a match over a connection traveling at the speed of light, you could fit the entire Xbox Live multiplayer history of this game within the lag, twice.

You could also grow 73,000 meters of fingernails in that span, and Los Angeles would move north by about six miles."

- Kotaku

Thats insane

lol, agreed :heh: It's easy to make anything look impressive like that.

Watch this:

75000 people attended Man Utd vs Chelsea

That means 75000 spent 90 minutes watching football. A total of 6750000 minutes or 112500 hours, which is 4687½ days or nearly 13 years. 13 years ago I wasn't even a teenager, it was before the millennium, before the Spice Girls were formed.

Does that really mean anything? No :heh:

Never bothered when them so far but I've been trying to get all the challenges on the M16. Doing well, only got the 1000 headshots to go, Up to 827 and also the FMJ 40 kills, up to 29 :D

No, that's just shocking representation for dummies.

Alright chief, i thought it was quite mad meself, guess im a dummie :)

Platty; I've always found the 40 fmj kills relatively easy to get. I've attained that feat with at least 4 assault rifles so far, but your headcount beats any single gun I have.

I'm currently fmj'ing the m16 (that's the assault rifle, right?) and am finding it a bitch to do. This prestige I've basically been trying to set a good foundation for the FAL, TAR and M16 and I've spent a lot of the time very annoyed - so many situations I know the SCAR would've sorted me out nicely.

Been concentrating on marathon and lightweight as well as getting teh carnie sorted. Sitrep is clearly the hardest one - last time I think I got to about 80 before giving up.

Platty; I've always found the 40 fmj kills relatively easy to get. I've attained that feat with at least 4 assault rifles so far, but your headcount beats any single gun I have.

I'm currently fmj'ing the m16 (that's the assault rifle, right?) and am finding it a bitch to do. This prestige I've basically been trying to set a good foundation for the FAL, TAR and M16 and I've spent a lot of the time very annoyed - so many situations I know the SCAR would've sorted me out nicely.

Been concentrating on marathon and lightweight as well as getting teh carnie sorted. Sitrep is clearly the hardest one - last time I think I got to about 80 before giving up.

Yeah M16 is the assault rifle. Done the FMJ on it now. Unlocked everything. Only challenge left is the Master III which means getting 1000 headshots. Almost there. Holographic sight FTW.

I keep seeing this tv ad on tv and the first time i watched it i was suprised when i realised it was 4 MW!

I then found this one on youtube as well!

Platty; I've got just over 500 headshots for teh SCAR and frankly cannot be bothered getting anolther 500 just yet!

I keep having dreams with MW2-type stuff in. Last night I dreamt I just joined a game and killed a dude watching two care packages. Nicked them, and one of them was a weird virus that played calm, soothing music while it levelled me down, undid my achievements and so on. Was a little distressing to experience, but more disturbing is that I was at all distressed by it! Aaah addicted.

How much were the new maps (in terms of cash) ? Did you get anything else with them, like trophies/skins etc?

How much were the new maps (in terms of cash) ? Did you get anything else with them, like trophies/skins etc?

They would have cost roughly £10.50.

Okay so I really need help on Spec Ops. I need a second player to help me through some missions, anyone need to complete this?