NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Who Here Actually Owns A Wii?

Once again wrong. NPD has shown that since last April, Wii has sold most 3rd party software including oh so vaunted X360. There are currently 35 3rd party million sellers. On typical month, only 25 percent of Wii's sales come from NPD TOP-20, while over 40 of X360 sales come from TOP-20. That is why you can't just watch charts, and make any assumptions about sales.

Hurm.

I wouldn't mind seeing what those titles were.

Either way, a good game makes money. I don't really care if Midway go out of business because I think they make pap.

And that exists because of this sort of attitude, when you start throwing the shit back your just as bad.

Ignore the troll and he will go away.

..it's true.. Do I go onto the other consoles board and compain about the 360/ps3? No i do not.

I'm suprised I have been made the enemy here. I didn't start this at all. I am just defending my views this is no different from any other thread for me until I get directly mocked or made fun of form a moderator of all things.

I spoke generally if you hadn't noticed. Majority of posts in this thread are from douches who are just seeking attention.

Now we're entering the pantomime phase!

"OH YES HE IS!"

"OH NO HE ISN'T"

*rinse and repeat*

Nintendo Power Suit.

That would fix everything. Total immersion. You know it'll happen ;P

I wouldn't mind seeing what those titles were.

That we don't know, unfortunately. NPD keeps them secret. We only know the numbers, and although NeoGaf sales age has tried to create list through educated guesses, they have proven to be wrong as new and surprising titles have quietly bounced over the mark (for example, Call of Duty Wii, which debuted with 9000 sold, and five months later, has now sold almost million copies).

Now we're entering the pantomime phase!

Great. I love pantomine. Let's do act where we all cram into single invisible box. :)

Edited by Teppo Holmqvist
Automerged Doublepost

hey hey I think you need to look at who started this? and then come back to me? I understand if he's your friend but not only did he start the wii bashing.. He responded to a whole post of mine with the standup joke.

I can only speak for myself but I never directly insulted him or intended to. I'm sorry if some of my posts seem dramatic like that.

Teppo started, you just joined in.

..it's true.. Do I go onto the other consoles board and compain about the 360/ps3? No i do not.

But I have a Wii! If I have one why can't I complain about it? Even if I didn't what's the problem. I don't have a Hummer but does that mean I can't complain about its low mileage?

I spoke generally if you hadn't noticed. Majority of posts in this thread are from douches who are just seeking attention.

Right, as opposed to people who simply have an opinion they want to vent. What makes your opinion more important than theirs?

I'm suprised I have been made the enemy here. I didn't start this at all. I am just defending my views this is no different from any other thread for me until I get directly mocked or made fun of form a moderator of all things.

Enemy is a bit of an extreme way to look at it but it is inevitable that this happens when you put yourself at the opposite from another person´s opinion

It does not make it any better that before it all started there were a couple of

posts saying that this thread will be ruined by people from the Other Console board like as if were some dirty gypsies from the other side.

Saying stuff like that is pretty much laying down the welcoming carpet for the trolls.

Right, as opposed to people who simply have an opinion they want to vent. What makes your opinion more important than theirs?

What makes their opinion so important that they think they have right to derail thread? If you look backwards, Dafts and mine discussion was perfectly fine and contained, and I even offered to move it away from this thread. But then others pounced into it just to troll.

I bought a Wii the March after it first got released, really liked it at the start with Sports and Twilight Princess. After that I was disappointed with the new Metroid which didn't touch the brilliance of the first, Mario Galaxy which I thought was overrated and a bit easy. Then I looked at the future for the console and didn't like what I saw.

So I sold my Wii (just over half a year ago) in order to get the PS3 and it is a lot less kiddy and I am far superior to the people on this board for owning one.

In all seriousness though, I just prefer the games, there are plenty of incredible titles that I would have missed out on if I just kept hugging Nintendo. I broke out of the denial because inside I knew that I wasn't happy with what I had.

I can see though why people love the console, it is great and I have no arguments with why everybody here prefers it over the rest.

What makes their opinion so important that they think they have right to derail thread?

Posts like:

As a outsider, it is obvious that X360 / PS3 users are minority here, but they are quite vocal about it. It doesn't help either that many of these users think that it is their divine right to come shit into Wii side, and think that freedom speech equals right to act like total douches. Of course it has gotten better after certain unnamed persons decided that they could have their own lovely xenophobic circle jerk at other consoles section.

This are what derail the thread and this is before anyone came here and started any trouble

This invites trouble.

Can we hurry up and find out which one of us is to blame so we can start talking about the wii again?

More like excepts. Notice that nobody even commented into that post.

There was no need to comment on that it´s just enough to see this post to know that someone somewhere will be annoyed by it and causing trouble about the thread subject.

You derailed it with the personal attacks.

Point me at personal attacks I have done. My first is against Dan Dare at post #72, after he had started his inane trolling with three word answers. Daft is cool kid, and arguments his posts well.

Can we hurry up and find out which one of us is to blame so we can start talking about the wii again?

the people who started it, the people who answered and the people who keep posting about it.

I´ll shut up now.

the people who started it, the people who answered and the people who keep posting about it.

I´ll shut up now.

Yeah, I think I do this too. I think we need to cool down little bit.

Point me at personal attacks I have done. My first is against Dan Dare at post #72, after he had started his inane trolling with three word answers. Daft is cool kid, and arguments his posts well.

It was the one Mundi posted, post no.31, where you called anyone who criticised the Wii 'douches'.

It was the one Mundi posted, post no.31, where you called anyone who criticised the Wii 'douches'.

I called those douches who thought that would come to derail this. And that's my final word, so we can progress. :)

What surprises me is the people on the HD "side" (I'll call it that just to simplify) only now reached this conclusion. Yes, Nintendo games arrive 2 or 3 times a year and they are generally of great quality, its been like this since forever.

Man this is like a good soap opera. I'm sitting here reading posts while eating my cereal.

Bit of a naive thread choice to be fair, what do you expect?

People to follow what the thread's original intentions were?

What surprises me is the people on the HD "side" (I'll call it that just to simplify) only now reached this conclusion. Yes, Nintendo games arrive 2 or 3 times a year and they are generally of great quality, its been like this since forever.

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation.

I always used to have a Nintendo console as my primary and I bought another one, when the price was reduced a fair amount, that I played not really anywhere near as much. This generation I bought a Xbox 360 about two months after I bought the Wii at launch.