NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Who Here Actually Owns A Wii?

I own a Wii, bought a couple of months after launch. Played it today.

Have a total of...let's see..... 12 games!

I only bought a few over 20 in the entire Gamecube lifespan so I don't really feel like I'm not buying enough Wii titles.

Edited by James McGeachie

Man this is like a good soap opera. I'm sitting here reading posts while eating my cereal.

lol. me too.

It's great. So, the one to cause up the big stir was the 360 owner, who doesn't own a Wii.

If anything, this thread has just highlighted my worries. This isn't the first thread that has been derailed, and it won't be the last. Slowly, ever so surely, this place is turning into an anti-Nintendo forum.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

It's great. So, the one to cause up the big stir was the 360 owner, who doesn't own a Wii.

If anything, this thread has just highlighted my worries. This isn't the first thread that has been derailed, and it won't be the last. Slowly, ever so surely, this place is turning into an anti-Nintendo forum.

Well the anti-Nintendo faction is certainly more vociferous than is probably natural on a Nintendo site, which ultimately makes it a little depressing for those of us who occassionally want to have a positive discussion.

Well the anti-Nintendo faction is certainly more vociferous than is probably natural on a Nintendo site, which ultimately makes it a little depressing for those of us who occassionally want to have a positive discussion.

The problem is that far too many people think this is some kind of neutral forum. It is not. This site, like R-E and C-E, and N64-E, has always been based around Nintendo.

I have mentioned this point about a dozen times, and each time it has fallen on deaf ears. We are slowly losing that focus, and this is becoming an anti-Nintendo forum. On a Nintendo-based forum, that is wrong.

So true & it isn't like we have'nt heard their opinions before, again & again yawn!! Who Here Actually Owns A Wii? is the title of the thread.

The problem is that far too many people think this is some kind of neutral forum. It is not. This site, like R-E and C-E, and N64-E, has always been based around Nintendo.

I have mentioned this point about a dozen times, and each time it has fallen on deaf ears. We are slowly losing that focus, and this is becoming an anti-Nintendo forum. On a Nintendo-based forum, that is wrong.

Unfortunately, these people always come back with the argument that pressing that idea of a gaming-focussed forum would be dictatortorial. The forums have gotten themselves into a state where gaming is an afterthought, and most people can expect to come into, for instance, the Wii board and make 'off-the-cuff' remarks with the thinking that they're 'above' a mature debate because they spend their time under the impression that they can just ignore that huge "N" at the top of the page and then look down on any consequence.

It's elitism in its rawest form. People can make their own minds up on who's to blame for that.

Does that not tell you something about Nintendo and the new generation though? For me personally it has gone downhill, any maybe many more people share the same view compared to last gen where I was anti anything not Nintendo.

For the moment I understand that there are still many people here that will swear by Nintendo because they genuinely like the games.

Except being on top in terms of sales, Nintendo hasn't changed.

Does that not tell you something about Nintendo and the new generation though?

No, because Nintendo "fans" are always same. I have followed this site for more than six years now (goddamn I feel old), and it has always been the same. No matter they do, Nintendo supposedly can't do anything right. Comment sections were always full of whining how Nintendo has abandoned us, how they don't good games, how PSP is much better than DS, blah, blah, yadda, dadda. You know the drill. It is in some perverted way quite fascinating, really.

Except being on top in terms of sales, Nintendo hasn't changed.

Indeed. I think that some people are pretty much confused. They blame Nintendo for 3rd parties faults, and vice versa.

Edited by Teppo Holmqvist

It's six and two threes on the stirring front, and it's pretty sad to be quite honest. I love how every thread with any negative connotations towards the Wii, or an ambigous thread metamorphisises into a near personal assault with both sides disparaging the other and claiming innocence.

These are the Wii boards, so let's focus on the Wii and generate some interesting topics of debate so we don't have to retread the same steps over and over (Ignore irrelevant attempts to troll it just exacerbates things). Tapedeck, for me, has the right idea - his threads are insightful and engaging and encourage freindly discussion.

Haha. This thread is classic.

So anyway, I says to my mam, I says...

Lol, yeah. Now you see why it was so hard to own up to having a Wii!

:(

It's six and two threes on the stirring front, and it's pretty sad to be quite honest. I love how every thread with any negative connotations towards the Wii, or an ambigous thread metamorphisises into a near personal assault with both sides disparaging the other and claiming innocence.

These are the Wii boards, so let's focus on the Wii and generate some interesting topics of debate so we don't have to retread the same steps over and over (Ignore irrelevant attempts to troll it just exacerbates things). Tapedeck, for me, has the right idea - his threads are insightful and engaging and encourage freindly discussion.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24126 - that's one thread I did a few days ago. Both that and Tapedeck's last ones have struggled to hit double figures in terms of replies.

To be honest, I'd like this thread to be locked, but remembered. We should look back to this and ask ourselves exactly why we want to be on this site in the first place.

To be honest, I'd like this thread to be locked, but remembered. We should look back to this and ask ourselves exactly why we want to be on this site in the first place.

Gonna lock this now as per the thread starters request.