NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Who Here Actually Owns A Wii?

I'm just discussing why I don't have a wii. Perfectly reasonable.

Your previous posts beg to differ. And I'm not singling you out specifically, for there are others, including Teppo and others arguing back at you who are only further escalating things.

This isn't the point of the thread, I said to Flinky last night that this was going to turn into a war, because some of you just can't seem to resist it.

no, GTA. They published it.

Developed and published by Rockstar and distributed by Take Two.

Your previous posts beg to differ. And I'm not singling you out specifically, for there are others, including Teppo and others arguing back at you who are only further escalating things.

This isn't the point of the thread, I said to Flinky last night that this was going to turn into a war, because some of you just can't seem to resist it.

in his first post he called the wiimote a "gimmicky piece of crap"... on a wii board on a wii forum? err what was he expecting?

Tellyn is right - get a life peepole!

Pretty Much...

I normally don't post in this section because...

Nine times out of ten, the discussion is always about what the Wii could have been and not what it is.

Haha. This thread is classic.

So anyway, I says to my mam, I says...

As a consumer, if youve purchased and used a product, you have every right to praise or bash it as you see fit. I can't comprehend how personal insults fit into this thread at all.

I do wonder why people are so quick to write-off the traditional motion-free controller, that Nintendo themselves helped pioneer, just because other consoles still use it. Are you saying that all those NES, SNES, GC games played badly because they didnt have motion controls?

As a consumer, if youve purchased and used a product, you have every right to praise or bash it as you see fit. I can't comprehend how personal insults fit into this thread at all.

I do wonder why people are so quick to write-off the traditional motion-free controller, that Nintendo themselves helped pioneer, just because other consoles still use it. Are you saying that all those NES, SNES, GC games played badly because they didnt have motion controls?

No body is saying you can't praise or bash a certain product, we're just trying to make a point that, those type of disscussions are pointless.

This thread is a perfect example of that.

Oh man you are so old fashioned.. You know we have almost hit a stage where graphics,sound and physics and ai can't get much better? Maybe in about 5 or 6 years we will never see a noticeable difference again.. then what genius?

That is what the wii is trying to do.. Avoid this and offer a new way to play instead and that is motion contols. I understand the wii isn't perfect and the motion controls aren't perfect either

..but let's not forget the first traditional controller as we know it had a d-pad and 2 buttons, It was basic and that's what the the wii is equivilant to on the motion sensing field so far .

it really boggles the mind that you actually think a pad with buttons is more immersive than sensing the persons movement.. I mean what the hell are you blind or something.. of course the wii would make you feel more like a mercenary because you're waving a gun like the mercenary is doing on the screen. What you think an analogue stick using your thumb is more realistic for looking around?

it also boggles the mind even if you dont agree with the above points. You think motion sensing is going to stick to one market? You think the wii 2 will be the only one that continues the motion sensing..

That's ludicrous,sony and microsoft can't wait to start their own range of these games and rip off the technolgy next generation.

This is a good thing of course because we may start to see more cross platform games and more improvments in the technology. Motion sensing is the future.

I don't think i'm kidding myself, Sales of the wii agree with me and normal people can't feel justified buying a new console for better graphics anymore.. what have you got?

have you considered standup?

What!?

Just because I don't like the wii and I'm telling you why I'm now shitting on the thread? by all means, prove me wrong! Argue!

no!!. wanna know why? Because you're an arrogant tit.. end off. I tried many times debating with you but when you can't think of anything to say you bank on your "yes it is" or " no it doesn't answer" or some other shit.

Projects have closed because of the economic situation...

Wrong. Majority of these losses were made before recession hit, and market is still growing 20 percent rate on this quarter, even with recession going on. To put it in simple terms, there is still no recession so far as consoles go. Of course, companies are blaming recession as it is easy thing to blame and makes you look good, but there is no single number supporting that it would be responsible for their problems.

Edited by Teppo Holmqvist

no!!. wanna know why? Because you're an arrogant tit.. end off. I tried many times debating with you but when you can't think of anything to say you bank on your "yes it is" or " no it doesn't answer" or some other shit.

Ha, he's really not.

Ha, he's really not.

Yes he is. Having three word answers and calling others idiots isn't good way to discuss about anything.

Yes he is. Having three word answers and calling others idiots isn't good way to discuss about anything.

No, resorting to personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with you isn't a good way to discuss anything. Dan's a great bloke, full of modesty.

You don't get these pathetic squabbles in the other consoles section, even though 360 and ps3 owners are sharing the same space. Why is that? (honest question)

You don't get these pathetic squabbles in the other consoles section, even though 360 and ps3 owners are sharing the same space.

Because Other Consoles has pretty much degenerated into "Wii is our enemy! We are true hardcore gamerz" type train of thought, which is utterly retarded. And these assholes come to here complain. Perhaps you would find it funny that posters on this side would come to shit on other consoles section?

Wrong. Majority of these losses were made before recession hit, and market is still growing 20 percent rate on this quarter, even with recession going on. To put it in simple terms, there is still no recession so far as consoles are related. Of course companies are blaming recession, but there is no single number supporting that it would be responsible for their problems.

I think mainly it is that they've based themselves on the movie industry model.

But these people who buy the Wii aren't buying any games, they are buying basically only Nintendo products. If you look at the sales for January the top 4 Wii games were Wii Fit, Wii Play, Mario Kart and Guitar Hero:WT. Wii Fit is outselling Wii Play nearly two-to-one, eight months after it was released. Only two of the top ten games that month were new releases.

Older titles are what the Wii is famous for, and timid new owners aren’t going to splash out on lesser-known products whose quality is, to them, a shot in the dark (and that’s assuming they’ve even heard of them in the first place).

But these people who buy the Wii aren't buying any games, they are buying basically only Nintendo products.

Once again wrong. NPD has shown that since last April, Wii has sold most 3rd party software including oh so vaunted X360. There are currently 35 3rd party million sellers. On typical month, only 25 percent of Wii's sales come from NPD TOP-20, while over 40 percent of X360 sales come from TOP-20. That is why you can't just watch charts, and make any assumptions about sales.

Because Other Consoles has pretty much degenerated into "Wii is our enemy!" type train of thought.

Bloody hell this is actually like a war to you isn't it? You really think that the other consoles are 'enemies' don't you? They're just games, when I (or i'm sure anyone else who has made a criticism of the wii in here) criticize the wii, it is simply because I think there is something about the wii worth criticizing, and I want to talk about, preferably without people using personal attacks. If I can't do that here, you know a forum, then I guess i'm in the wrong place.

Because Other Consoles has pretty much degenerated into "Wii is our enemy!" type train of thought, which is utterly retarded. And these assholes come to here complain. Perhaps you would find it funny that posters on this side would come to shit on other consoles section?

And that exists because of this sort of attitude, when you start throwing the shit back your just as bad.

Ignore the troll and he will go away.

Bloody hell this is actually like a war to you isn't it? .

It's not for me. I'm perfectly happy with my purchase, and I don't have reason to complain about it. I don't have reason to complain about other products that don't interest me either. The problem is that you people don't think this way. You think that freedom of speech equals right of being assholes. Are you so insecure about your purchases, that you need to justify it by telling us how bad persons we are?

No, resorting to personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with you isn't a good way to discuss anything. Dan's a great bloke, full of modesty.

You don't get these pathetic squabbles in the other consoles section, even though 360 and ps3 owners are sharing the same space. Why is that? (honest question)

hey hey I think you need to look at who started this? and then come back to me? I understand if he's your friend but not only did he start the wii bashing.. He responded to a whole post of mine with the standup joke.

I can only speak for myself but I never directly insulted him or intended to. I'm sorry if some of my posts seem dramatic like that.

See name calling. Okay what did I do wrong Teppo? Huh. What part of my posts classified me as an 'asshole'? Was it me stating my opinion? Was it me defending someone against personal attacks? What bit?