NEurope
Hero-of-Time

A Boy And His Blob

^ I do that but when he catches up, he either doesn't follow the beans I throw or jumps from side to side as if trying to get to it but doesn't know the correct way down to it (this is at the bits where you have the vines that you can throw the beans down through). He's also prone to blobbing up to a bean and just standing there with his mouth open and all you can do is call him back as the command hasn't worked.

^ I do that but when he catches up, he either doesn't follow the beans I throw or jumps from side to side as if trying to get to it but doesn't know the correct way down to it (this is at the bits where you have the vines that you can throw the beans down through). He's also prone to blobbing up to a bean and just standing there with his mouth open and all you can do is call him back as the command hasn't worked.

The part with the vines you have to get Blob down there yourself. It usually involves you turning him into a ball and rolling him through a small gap. Make him a blob again ( so he is now beneath you ) then throw a bean through the vines. If you just throw a bean and it falls through the vines he will just stand there as he cant get down by himself.

I don't think the developers would have been expecting great sales anyway though would they.

I'm not sure it will have had to sell vast numbers to be deemed successful by them?

I just bought this through Amazon - £17.99 seemed pretty damn reasonable to me! Hope it comes next week, i'll need a new title once I finish Bowser's Inside Story.

Man, this game is "officially out" in Europe (releasedate 27-11) but still nowhere to be found in my little country :( Not even in any of the dutch webshops... W T F ???

Man, this game is "officially out" in Europe (releasedate 27-11) but still nowhere to be found in my little country :( Not even in any of the dutch webshops... W T F ???

Because in our country we call it a penis.

This is £17.95 at the moment on Amazon

:EDIT:

Just noticed the 4 pound postage

Edited by DuD

Definately going to buy this...but i'm guessing it'll be round the £15 mark in Jan, right? :)

Australia apparently had shortages with the game. It seems more people wanted the game then expected. I can't wait to get my copy.

N-Europe <3

Definately going to buy this...but i'm guessing it'll be round the £15 mark in Jan, right? :)

I guess so. I was about to order it from Amazon until I noticed the extortionate postage, but I think I'll save my money for the January sales now!

I guess so. I was about to order it from Amazon until I noticed the extortionate postage, but I think I'll save my money for the January sales now!

Its £14.99 over at play.com right now! I couldn't resist! Bargain or what?! :grin:

Its £14.99 over at play.com right now! I couldn't resist! Bargain or what?! :grin:

Been waiting for a price drop. Ordered!

I got my copy in the mail today, from none other then N-Europe! I'd just like to say a huge thank-you for the wondering prize and I really look forward to playing it later tonight.

Thank-you so much, N-Europe! :love:

Just a update, i believe Play.com have now sold out of this for £14.99.

Back in stock at Play.com for £14.99 with the exclusive cards!

Just ordered a copy for myself for Christmas.

GOD DAMNIT, there are just too many awesome games to buy!

I will only buy a game if I'm sure I have the time to play it. This game is somewhere at the end of my list though, but it's there :laughing:

It's one of them artsy games and I like it :D

I finally got this today from PLAY, i'll be starting it tomorrow now...seemed like it took an age to arrive (was only a few days though)! :grin:

Are the art cards inside the box, mine's now a Christmas present so I can't check myself.

So I've sunk some serious time into the game, and I can say the game is pretty good. The art is undoubtedly some of the best the Wii has seen - it's gorgeous, as is the beautiful majestic music.

The controls, however, are just awful - quite possibly the worst since Red Steel. Throwing a jelly bean is as simple as aiming your bean, pressing a button to choose which bean, scrolling around with the analogue stick to select the bean, holding a button and aiming with the analogue stick, and pressing C to tell your blob to go and get it. Furthermore, the blob is really stupid. I mean really stupid. He hops around and can't manoeuvre simple jumps, glitching about and walking at a pace similar to that of a brain dead snail on morphine.

That being said, some of the puzzles are truly brilliant. The best ones are the ones that require you to work things out, and experiment just a little to see how to go about doing it. These puzzles are great, not just because they're incredibly clever, but because of the "Oh yes! I've got it!" feeling once you work out how to complete it. The feeling is very satisfying and rewarding.

Overall, it's quite an enjoyable game and if you can get it cheap - don't hesitate! :)

Are the art cards inside the box, mine's now a Christmas present so I can't check myself.

There inside, in a envelope! and there very nice indeed. :grin:

First world complete but still need one or two chests. The snakey boss was immense on first investigation then quickly despatched with on second look. Is there any way to find out how often you've died? I've met my demise many times so far but nothing frustrating- mostly just my own curiosity gets the better of me.

The art is breathtaking and oozing with charm. :cool: I can't think of any praise that hasn't already been lavished on the game! Maybe things get more complicated as the game progresses but I've no complaints about the controls so far. Accessing beans and using them works fine and hasn't caused me any untimely deaths thus far.

Glad to see you picked this up, Stevo! Indeed the art style used in the game is simply breathtaking and puts many games on this and other consoles to shame.