NEurope
Hero-of-Time

A Boy And His Blob

Ive been on and off this all day, just making my way through the worlds while collecting all the treasure chests. All of this adventuring has now led me to the final world of the game ( last 10 levels ). :(

The 3rd boss took my a good half hour to beat. I knew fine well how to beat the thing but I just couldn't pull it off. Eventually I figured I would stay in the Cannon Blob and time my attacks better, worked like a charm.

I'm definitely getting this game. Went to game today to trade in some games, check out the 2 for £30 (nothing to partner Boom Blox Bash unfortunately) and see if this was £19.99...it was £34.99 :( Boo!!! Will get it though. But I'm only buying bargains currently, got too many games to play through to buy games full price.

But I'm only buying bargains currently, got too many games to play through to buy games full price.
Yeah I'm pickinh up bargains atm. Just bought Wario Land, and may get HotD, and maybe Marbles!

Yup. I REALLY want marbles too!! God I need to blitz my gaming collection I really do....

I have lived up to my word and after having to search the Wii shelves high and low for it, I finally managed to get this in Gamestation earlier. Only had 1 copy :o Will play it a little later but that's 3 new games to play through, becoming 4 tomorrow morning. *le sigh* Too much gaming awesome-ness at once.

edit: Damn you Way Forward. There should be a health warning on this game stating how overly cute it is. It's so heartwarmingly sickening when you give Blob a hug. Platforming is good so far but it's early days and I'm hoping that it does get a bit more complicated than it is.

Edited by Ganepark32

Forum, I am at a junction that includes various turnings that lead to problems.

So, I wanna get this game. However, Christmas is around the corner. I've been supply teaching and the new term has really only just started. So, I guess I'll be spending a lot of time working. However, I am in the mood to pick this up and give it a bash.

But, like I said, it is Christmas. And, Christmas means I'll be with my female again very soon. Now...

Do I buy the game online and keep eet for myself?

or

Do I buy eet and give it to the female for her Christmas present? Well, as one of her presents.

Many people commented on the style of the game before, and how similar it is to her drawing style. And, I know she works hard with her University work and stuffs. In a way, I think maybe I'd feel guilty playing it whilst she wasn't?

I could just do what I did with de Blob and buy two copies...I spend about 60 quid on that game!

Won't she read this!?!?

Ya, but I already asked her if she wanted this for Christmas and she's too bluddy polite to say she definitely doeees.

I'll no doubt be getting other stuff to unlock the key to her heart. Also, I'll be with her, which is more than enough for her to handle anyway. In fact, she'll need both hands for that.

This sounds dirty. It really wasn't meant to be. Oh my, I've corrupted a cute thread. :(

Ya, but I already asked her if she wanted this for Christmas and she's too bluddy polite to say she definitely doeees.

I'll no doubt be getting other stuff to unlock the key to her heart. Also, I'll be with her, which is more than enough for her to handle anyway. In fact, she'll need both hands for that.

This sounds dirty. It really wasn't meant to be. Oh my, I've corrupted a cute thread. :(

A Boy and his Blob and a Free Coupon for a Night of FLink lovin. Merry Chirstmas.

Yeah get it as a present for the misses.

A Boy and his Blob and a Free Coupon for a Night of FLink lovin. Merry Chirstmas.

Yeah get it as a present for the misses.

Why would I need a coupon for that? =P

And Jim, just get the game for yourself. Play eet.

You still have over a month to decide on Christmas presents, so no reason to stress over that now.

vader.gif

"Your FRIENDS knowledge dissapoints me Admiral"

Nah I know it's Joey's usual birthday present (the one where Chandler bought the children's book for Joey's girlfriend).

I'd hope Jim has more class than Joey though. =P

:blank: ...joke

Well at least he hasn't bought me a pen with a clock in it... yet. =P

Well at least he hasn't bought me a pen with a clock in it... yet. =P
haha, nice!

*pst* FLink, you still got the receipt for that pen?!...

No you cannot just keep it for next year!

Edited by Retro_Link

Heeeeey...I have class. :(

I bought you bubbles for Christmas. BUBBLES! And, I was with Jayseven at the time, who did look a bit "o_O" over my choice of Christmas gift.

Almost a year later, whose laughing now?! aaahahahahahah. Me! That's who.

Anyway, I think this'll make a sweet gift for her. Maybe we could play eet together over Christmas-time. Funs.

Finished!

I tell you what, the last world really makes you think. Some of the stages on there had me stumped, especially 4-6. The second off last boss was also quite clever, he only takes 1 shot to kill but what you have to do to get that shot is genius. The last boss is a pushover but its still very satisfying.

I thought world 4 was the last one but I was wrong as there are only 8 stages. After you beat that another world opens up that has the last 2 levels which really doesn't have any puzzles to do, its all about the action due to the final blob form...I won't spoil it for you. If you don't have a cheesy grin when you get the final form then just stop playing games now. :D

Even though I have finished the story mode I have another 40 levels to do. If you unlock all 3 treasure chests from a level you get another level. These are called challenge levels and I have yet to try them. I managed to get all of the chests so I have all 40 ready and waiting. I will comeback to them as I want to start Rabbids Go Home first.

I will say it again, this game is a masterpiece and should be in every Wii owners collection. Its an essential 3rd party game and up there with the likes of DeBlob and Little Kings Story. Wayforward I salute you!

I was reading the ONM review the other day and this caught my eye.

Also on the irrantant list is that you need to make sure that the blob is still with you. Any time you reach a high platform its likely that blob wont be able to jump up and join you. This means you have to throw a bean down to turn it into a ballon and float up. While this clearly adds to the realism of the game it becomes irritating very quickly and slows down your progress.

It gets even more frustrating if after jumping to the high platform you walk on futher and realise you've forgotten to bring blob with you. Now your're too far ahead to turn back and throw a balloon bean, leaving you with no option but to kill your poor blobless lad and restart the level.

Firstly when you die you never restart the level, infact the checkpoints are very forgiving and you start pretty much where you die. Lastly I have to question whether they did infact play the game or not because at no point do you have to use the balloon beans to get blob back to you. All you need to do is call to him 3-4 times and he turns into a balloon himself and flys straight towards you. Muppets.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Hey now, in my own defence, I was planning on getting A Boy and His Blob for Christmas. :)

I was planning on saving this one's charms for Christmas funs too :santa:

I've got Little King's Story to be getting on with till then, but if H-o-T posts anymore I can see myself getting it earlier.

All you need to do is call to him 3-4 times and he turns into a balloon himself and flys straight towards you. Muppets.

How the hell did they not know that? Christ, I'm on the first world still yet I got that after like the first stage. I too would then question whether they played the game properly or at all based on that.

I mean it's baffling. Really. Can't get my head around why they didn't realise or figure that one out. ::shrug:

I'm still on the first world, although near the end. Have done most of the challenge levels that you unlock with the treasures from the levels so far and they've been easily enough. Really should play it more but with 2 RPGs and an FPS on the 360 to play along with this, with more to come next week, it's hard fitting in time for any of it.

I will say it again, this game is a masterpiece and should be in every Wii owners collection. Its an essential 3rd party game and up there with the like sof DeBlob and Little Kings Story. Wayforward I salute you!

Thanks for the great impressions :) I'll be buying this nearer Christmas time. Can't wait!

Got to the second world and control issues ahoy. Clearly, the controls aren't as great as they could have been, and that's pretty evident from the start, but the controls for the space hopper blob are all over the place. The jumping mechanic is screwed up. I thought it was timing based in that you have to press to jump when you bounce off from the ground but that doesn't appear to be the case as there were times when I tried to jump, pressing the A button several times, and it just doesn't register. Makes the first challenge level that you unlock in the second world nigh on impossible because it requires precision but you don't have it.

And blob's AI, or lack of intelligence, is really starting to annoy me now. I've had to give up attempting to get several treasure chests because he either doesn't keep up or doesn't have the capacity to work a way to a jelly bean I've thrown. ::shrug:

I knew this would happen!

Whenever I read news like this, I do all I can to not smash my keyboard on my desk. I also know that I get very opinionated on these articles, so I'll try to pull back and just deliver the news this time around.

Wondering where A Boy and His Blob was in the NPD charts? Well, if rumors are to be believed, it had no chance of making it anywhere near the top 10 for October. We're hearing that A Boy and His Blob sold less than 10,000 units since it launched in North America. Surely this title deserves some more love?

This game is a freaking gem and once again it looks like another gaming piece of gold on the Wii has gone by unnoticed. I wonder how its done in Europe? Probably not that well seeing as its already hard to find in the likes on GAME due to the amount of tripe that they are will to put on the shelves rather than this.

And blob's AI, or lack of intelligence, is really starting to annoy me now. I've had to give up attempting to get several treasure chests because he either doesn't keep up or doesn't have the capacity to work a way to a jelly bean I've thrown. ::shrug:

Strange, I got all of the chests without incident. If he can't keep up just call him 3 times and wait for him, no need to rush this relaxing game :grin: