Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Excitebots: Trick Racing

david.dakota

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may just spontaneously announce one day that it's out the following week...

Yeah...it's the Nintendo way.

My oh my, has this game had a turbulent life already or what? First, the tremendously low-key announcement, then the backlash from fans, then the love from fans, and now the un-love from Nintendo.

What I'd love is for Nintendo and third parties to just market their games a bit more. This game has the potential to do well, I think, as long as it's marketed right. Right now, many Wii owners are just content with Mario Kart as the racer to own, but you can get so much fun out of this as well judging on ExciteTruck.

I'm still expecting it to come out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit worried.

What I'd love is for Nintendo and third parties to just market their games a bit more. This game has the potential to do well, I think, as long as it's marketed right. Right now, many Wii owners are just content with Mario Kart as the racer to own, but you can get so much fun out of this as well judging on ExciteTruck.

Yeah marketing is pretty much what this lacked. It's also strange how people who had bought the game felt bad for it when it only managed 13,000 sales. Nintendo are big boys, if they don't market a game then it's their own fault and they probably know that. The real losers are the ones who didn't buy it when they could.

Although not releasing it worldwide is perhaps a bit of a kick in the teeth to the devs.

Yeah marketing is pretty much what this lacked. It's also strange how people who had bought the game felt bad for it when it only managed 13,000 sales. Nintendo are big boys, if they don't market a game then it's their own fault and they probably know that. The real losers are the ones who didn't buy it when they could.

Although not releasing it worldwide is perhaps a bit of a kick in the teeth to the devs.

Is 13,000 that much of a travesty considering it has barely been out? I think Overkill got around the same didn't it, at this stage. I think I read that somewhere today.

It's another one of these vicious cycles. It hasn't sold well, so Nintendo won't be too keen on "wasting" money on marketing for something that hasn't sold. But, I genuinely do think that some effort should be put in, and this has the potential to do well, I reckon. It's just...I think many see Mario Kart Wii as the game "to own" whilst everything else is the "game to own as well as Mario Kart" if that makes sense.

To be honest, I'm just rambling about nothing. I think I'm upsettings.

I'm not that surprised it sold poorly. Just look at the cover. It's the type of game we laughed our socks off last gen because someone even thought of the idea of releasing it. Cars shaped like bugs racing off road, swinging on poles.

Add to that really bad marketing.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it's the type of game you used to be certain would turn out to be crap if a third party developer would release it. I don't doubt it'll be a blast to play (Excitetrucks on drugs sounds promising), but most people whom would like the gameplay don't like the art style and vice versa.

We can hope for an EU launch, and we should also hope Nintendo won't waste time on something like this. Give us F-Zero instead of turning a completely non-related franchise into a substitute.

And like I've said before, I'm not doubting this is a good game, I just think that Nintendo can do better.

I'm not that surprised it sold poorly. Just look at the cover. It's the type of game we laughed our socks off last gen because someone even thought of the idea of releasing it. Cars shaped like bugs racing off road, swinging on poles.

Add to that really bad marketing.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it's the type of game you used to be certain would turn out to be crap if a third party developer would release it. I don't doubt it'll be a blast to play (Excitetrucks on drugs sounds promising), but most people whom would like the gameplay don't like the art style and vice versa.

We can hope for an EU launch, and we should also hope Nintendo won't waste time on something like this. Give us F-Zero instead of turning a completely non-related franchise into a substitute.

And like I've said before, I'm not doubting this is a good game, I just think that Nintendo can do better.

There is actually a lot of truth in what you are saying.. and I can completely see how it would perform badly based on perceptions and the cover :hmm:

Nintendo need to learn from this and Fatal Frame IV.. I want both games and I'm sure a lot of other people do too but because they haven't made any effort to promote the games, it appears we are left wondering whether we will get either :sad:

I miss the old Nintendo :weep: The SNES, N64 and, to a slightly lesser extent, GC days were fantastic and they produced an abundance of great games. Don't get me wrong, the Wii has some great games too (Super Mario Galaxy is just incredible) but there are things that are just not sitting quite right with me this generation. I hope things improve..

Jeez. We were worried when there was no news of the EU launch beforehand... and still having no plans to release it isn't a good sign. I think the time to get it on European shelves was probably this summer, things are gonna be very congested after that in traditional year-end style. :hmm: Come on, NoE... we want ExciteBots!

I'm just saying, people tend to say europe isn't treated as fairly as NA. But really, you do get some games before us (Mario Kart), its not always us getting games first, and while some games don't make it there, some don't make it here either. (I'm not really talking about past generations though).

Why are we even justifying the fact that some games that make it out in one place don't make it out in another? I just want the gaaaaames. :(

The annoying thing is you can't even just simply order it from another country. This whole PAL/NTSC/Region-bias thing is so annoying and...it shouldn't even get to that point.

Word Flinky. It should be like VHS or sommat. Or toast. Toast is compatible all over the world in all toasters.

Man, if only life were as simple as toast. Fucking Nintendo.

I'm watching Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley, and that's cheering me up. What a fucking babe.

I don't get why the Wii is region locked.

Seriously? C'mon elaborate Daft! (Are you gunning for shortest posts ever?) ;)

And yeah Flinkster. Hurley is the ultimate classy bad girl. I just wanna bedazzle her in my own naked way. Wii can be region locked as long as Hurley unlocks her region...

Anyway...

..that's gotta end there or there is gonna be talk of you transforming from one form to another.. and we've went far enough..

Hopefully we'll still get ExciteBots at some stage :hmm:

Haha. :)

I still believe it'll come here before the year is out. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful, though?

I'm with Daft I don't get why the Wii is region locked either. I love the fact that the PS3 isn't and that importing is so easy!

I don't think NoA's lack of support for this has helped they seem to have put all their marketing vigor at the moment behind Punchout. It's crazy they should have supported this more to get it some sales the sales it clearly deserves. It's a shame because Excitetruck was a great game and there is definitely potential in this new direction they've taken the franchise in.

Well, I think I've seen some rhy (SP) bread that couldn't fit in my toaster, I had to use a toaster oven to toast it. That aside, the reason consoles are region locked now is mostly because games are distributed by different companies in different regions.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!