Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

BBC News is biased toward xbox and PS2

RichieRich

Hi All

Dont know if you have noticed, but each time I go to the technology section of the BBC news site, there is never anything about Nintendo.

Take today for example, Ninendo lauch a free wireless gaming service accross europe, and it doesn't even get a mention.

Though there is enough space to report on GTA, in the "Sony Box". Notice that the 3rd square picture box always has something about a PS2 game in it!

I don't think that they do it on purpose. PS2 is way more popular than Gamecube, therefore more talked about, so BBC are more likely to notice and post news about Sony rather than Nintendo. Same with PSP and DS, though not on such a great scale, though.

You'd think today Nintendo would have got a mention though. Going online with MK:DS, the release of a huge game with a huge scheme of wi-fi spots..

The games available in the first three months of the Xbox 360's life are some of the best ever created and of a standard some consoles have had to wait their entire lifespan to amass.

hehe.

seriously though, guys right. this isnt the place for fanboys. i hear game faqs is good for that crap.

Well actually, normally they really dont like nintendo but i accidently found this article that didnt seem to harsh on nintendo. In fact it was almost positive (all the way down at the bottom). http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4457404.stm

I saw that article the other day. Well done to the BBC for getting a balanced article written by three people who are fans of each machine and actually know something of what they're talking about, though that usually isn't the case.

Though if you really want to be pedantic, you could always still complain that the Nintendo section was put at the bottom, after the MS and Sony ones :P