NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dazzybee

Virtua Tennis 2009

When's that darn Wii Sports Resort out anyway. I want some sword slashing action.

This sounds pretty good so far actually, especially with the online modes. I'm still dissapointed with the lack of WiiSpeak though.

I'd rather have the option than not have it in at all. Even if it's friends only i'd be fine with that.

Thought it would be quite fun having it in playing a friend or when playing doubles!

Will motion plus be out by the time this is out? It's highly doubtful right now so this might well be a disappointment with EA tennis later this year which WILL be using motion plus.

I might just stick with the 360 version for the Hi Def Ivanovic player model :heart: but hopefully we'll know for sure a month or two before it's released.

^ and you'd want WiiSpeak in this? All you'd get would be grunts while playing online.
a

Thats actually a terrific idea!

Really? You'd want Maria Sharapova style grunts from your friends coming through your speakers?

oh man it's about time.. I want a good tennis game on wii.. Mario tennis doesn't seem to work as well as we all hoped.

Wii Motion Plus Logo on Virtua Tennis 2009 Box?

It’s not the best image, but you can definitely see that there’s some kind of Wiimote-branding on the box. It looks like the same logo we see for the Balance Board when there’s a Balance Board-compatible game.

0000191110.jpg

GoNintendo

That is some rubbish boxart!

Hope it does have motion plus, even though Nintendo are yet to bring it out!... get on with it!

That is some rubbish boxart!

Hope it does have motion plus, even though Nintendo are yet to bring it out!... get on with it!

Tell me about it- Nadal in the middle, makes me sick.

Having said that, no doubt the boxart for here will have Murray on it. ¬_¬

This sounds great, the original Virtua Tennis was groundbreaking. I hope they get this right. I wonder whether it'll include classic controls as well! Online makes me very happy!

looks very nice. A lot better looking than ea tennis from the small bits we seen so far.

graphics look good, controls as with all Virtua Tennis games will be top notch.

..hmm.. despite glowing reports of Grand Slam Tennis in IGN's nintendo Voice Chat (even without Wii Motion Plus..) I still find myself slightly more interested in Virtua Tennis 2009!

Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast is great and if the controls for the Wii version are done right it could be really special (and Wii Motion Plus is gonna be very important)

My main concern is Sega Superstars Tennis.. I really don't like that game very much :hmm: Hitting the ball had no feeling or satisfaction :( ..and then there is Mario Power Tennis which has been getting poor reports for the Wii version (when, in all honesty, the GC version was far from amazing as it was..)

Are those Wii screens? I thought this was an exclusive...

Are those Wii screens? I thought this was an exclusive...
As it shows/says in my post... Yes they are... No it isn't.

The trailer sucks.

I want to see some footage and screens that are definitely of the Wii version!

(and Wii Motion Plus is gonna be very important)

I'm pretty sure that game will support Motion+. How do I know? There was this dude called Marc^O at Neogaf, who works for Sumo Digital*. Soon after the MotionPlus was announced, he practically turned into walking MotionPlus advertisement. MotionPlus this, MotionPlus that. He was pretty excited about the device, and later even went so far as asked for ban so he wouldn't accidentally spill beans about his new project.

Furthermore, Gamestop accidentally leaked Virtua Tennis Wii cover. The cover had this new, strange blue controller icon, similar to Excitebots wheel icon. As cover is so small, you can't really see what the icon is about. But the cover was quickly pulled off from the site. Here is the copy of it:

0000191110.jpg

* company responsible for home ports of Virtua Tennis.

I'm pretty sure that game will support Motion+. How do I know? There was this dude called Marc^O at Neogaf, who works for Sumo Digital*. Soon after the MotionPlus was announced, he practically turned into walking MotionPlus advertisement. MotionPlus this, MotionPlus that. He was pretty excited about the device, and later even went so far as asked for ban so he wouldn't accidentally spill beans about his new project.

Furthermore, Gamestop accidentally leaked Virtua Tennis Wii cover. The cover had this new, strange blue controller icon, similar to Excitebots wheel icon. As cover is so small, you can't really see what the icon is about. But the cover was quickly pulled off from the site. Here is the copy of it:

0000191110.jpg

* company responsible for home ports of Virtua Tennis.

Haha.. I posted that picture a few posts ago :heh:

Wii Motion Plus and Virtua Tennis 2009 should be amazing.. when a proper tennis game is done right, it will be a must own : peace:

I presume this is the trailer for the Wii version, as it's the only console listed at the end of the trailer:

Looking forward to Grand Slam Tennis WAY more than this!

Sign in to follow this