Match 14:

Match 15:

Match 16:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice, my vote: Everlong

Foo Fighters are one of the shittest most boring bands i've ever seen.

First Josh Homme, then Martin O'Neill, now the Foos?

D00d, you ain't my friend. I dunno what ReZ sees in you...

Honestly, it was nearly 7 years ago now. But standing in the pissing rain wearing just a t-shirt watching them was a horrible experience.

You should've worn some trousers, then. :indeed:

My choice, my vote: Everlong

First Josh Homme, then Martin O'Neill, now the Foos?

You should've worn some trousers, then. :indeed:

I wont go in to the other 2 cos it's nothing to do with this thread but The Foos for me just define bland. Didn't literally mean just a t-shirt but i'm sure you knew that already.

I'm in no mood for Foo Fighters, since they remind me of people at my school who don't have enough imagination to explore music outside the generic "rock" genre.

The same such people who get cross when you put music on in the common room over the speakers.

I lost all faith in them when I got shouted at for changing some Green Day song we've all heard a million times to Hounds Of Love by Kate Bush. I even waited for the Green Day song to end before changing - I hate when songs are cut short - and a guy was like "turn this shit over".

I was like "The fact that this song is still revered 24 years after its release is somewhat indicative of its brilliance."

I have no time for people who listen to cliched music - especially when they then criticise music which is of obvious better quality, just because they've never taken advantage of the opportunity to explore it.

But yeah, I'm not really slating Foo Fighters, since they do what they do well, but I hate when people exclusively listen to them (/bands like them).

(Much like I hate when "gangsta" people only listen to RnB/Hip-Hop)

[/random rant]

It's something about people dismissing the Foos that makes me go hypocritically mental. Maybe it's because Dave Grohl is awesome. Maybe it's because I want to be Dave Grohl. Maybe it's because my older brother looks like Dave Grohl. I really dunno... :blank:

It's not as if i'm dismissing them without knowing them, i've seen them live and actually spent my money on one of their albums (the one with breakout on it). Actually like Breakout as well but other than that they just dont do it for me.

I prefer Nirvana to everything/anything I've ever heard by Foo Fighters. (Comparison allowed due to Dave Grohl being in both)

I'm not interested by them. Or at least the 5 or so famous tracks of theirs I've listened to in my life.

I'm in no mood for Foo Fighters, since they remind me of people at my school who don't have enough imagination to explore music outside the generic "rock" genre.

And there's something wrong about that because...?

Let them be. If they don't want to 'explore music outside the generic "rock" genre' then don't tut and be all high about all the 'lovely' music you listen to. You sound like such a music snob when you say stuff like that. :indeed:

I also hated people who moaned about the music in the common room, out of spite I put "Kim" by eminem on. Did not go down well :D

Haha. I would have liked that. I'd be singing along. :smile:

Let them be. If they don't want to 'explore music outside the generic "rock" genre' then don't tut and be all high about all the 'lovely' music you listen to.

The difference is that these people listen exclusively to one genre (and in some cases, band), where I listen to a variety of different musics.

He sees what I see...a legend :heh:

I voted for bat for lashes last time because it's ok, plus it was against Linkin park and that's just good sense, but pfft, neither of these are moving me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!