NEurope
ShadowV7

Scrubs Season 8

I am sad its over but I think it was the right time to end the series. Its gone on for long enough and seemed to end at the right note tbh. Still loving the final episode....the final scene was too awesome!

Man I'll miss those JD and Turk moments......whats everyone gonna miss about the show the most?

I think I'll put my first post on this forum here, it was a highly emotional ending, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The montage with Peter Gabriel was immense.

Fantastic finale to the series, it really was. Scrubs will sorely be missed. Screw the 9th season.

I'll miss the JD and Turk moments because i've got a med student mate and we are sooo like them it's stupid :grin:apparently i'm white-boy Turk :yay:

His gurlfriend actually said "maybe someday he'll love me like that" :laughing:

Edited by DuD

We're watching Scrubs' latest season and I forgot how amazing this was;

Woke up with it in my head this morning.

Aye, 'twas a good 8 years, although it could've and should've been done in 6. Still, good stuff. ^^

The American DVD boxset for season eight is due August 25th: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scrubs-Season-8/11495

Extras include: Webisodes, deleted scenes, bloopers, alternative lines, featurette about the Bahamas episodes.

Blu-ray is due November 17th: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/11863

Extras include: as above + 2 "never before seen" "laugh-out-loud webisodes" Plus Sarah Chalke in HD of course.

Scrubs has a 99% chance of getting renewed. Braff has signed on to do six episodes “to transition the show to what it will become” if it happens.

Braff's co-star Sarah Chalke (Dr Elliot Reid) has also agreed to return for six episodes, with their fellow cast members Donald Faison (Dr Christopher Turk), John C McGinley (Dr Perry Cox) and Neil Flynn (The Janitor) all returning as series regulars.

Judy Reyes (Nurse Carla Espinosa) may return as a guest star if the ninth series gets the green light.

Although im not sure about that lot. I know Neil Flynn is in a new show (The Middle) which has been picked up and I think the others are too. Suppose it depends on shooting schedules and the like.

Is it going to be about the new interns? I quite liked them, although weather or not they can carry a show is another matter.

doubt I'll watch anyway. I was kind of waiting for it all to wrap up last season rather than expecting anything particularly great.

I believe they may change the name but with, by the looks of it, most people coming back its semi-Scrubs.

I think the interns will be a bigger part. I know Lawrence has a fondness for Coup (or something like that...Denise/Jo) which is good, she is one of the strongest. I hope Sunny returns too.

let it die. why drag it out. scrubs lost its sparkle around serise 4, and has been flagging ever since, with the odd moment of genious amoungst fairly run of the mill stuff.

I've enjoyed the latest season, they've gone back to the roots a bit. Plus of course the musical from season six. Who couldn't love that? :p

This renewal has got me intruiged as to what they're planning to do.

I also enjoyed the latest season and would agree that its felt a bit more like earlier Scrubs, JD was a lot less effeminate (sp?) for one

I also enjoyed the latest season and would agree that its felt a bit more like earlier Scrubs, JD was a lot less effeminate (sp?) for one

Its the puberty beard surely :p

Beeeeeecause its true. Are you doubting me Charles? :p

I know I'm bringing back an old thread here, but has anyone watched Season 9 of Scrubs?

To be honest, I wasn't even aware of it until E4 starting advertising the new series which begins on monday.. but it looks horrible :nono:

Scrubs has been one of my favourite shows and it seemed to have tied everything up nicely by the end of Season 8, but I fear that watching Season 9 will butcher the memories of what went before. They should just have left it :hmm:

What do you guys think..?

Season 9 is fairly poor, and the new characters are more like one-dimensional newbies that would have been seen one or two times in a new series.

There's still some great moments with the proper characters.

Love scrubs to bits, I thought the last season and the finale did the series justice. I'll admit the show wavered a bit during season 6/7 for me but the 8th season was hilarious.

I've not watched the 9th season yet because I don't want to tarnish my memories of the series. It was a good end and I'm happy to leave it there. If I hear series 9 is really good though, I may change my mind about watching it. Initial reports do not support this though.

Love scrubs to bits, I thought the last season and the finale did the series justice. I'll admit the show wavered a bit during season 6/7 for me but the 8th season was hilarious.

I've not watched the 9th season yet because I don't want to tarnish my memories of the series. It was a good end and I'm happy to leave it there. If I hear series 9 is really good though, I may change my mind about watching it. Initial reports do not support this though.

..you pretty much mirror my thoughts :heh:

I won't be in on Monday night as it's my friend's birthday so i'll miss the season opening. That may, however, be a good thing :eek:

I saw the first 2 episodes of this when it was shown in America last year and thought it was awful so I stopped watching it.

I'm glad to be able to report that it's now been officially cancelled.

To anyone who loves Scrubs as much as I do; do not watch this series!

You say "this season"...as in the 9th or the titular 8th.

I went into S9 with low expectations and wasn't really disappointed. Wasn't really anythinged. All I really recall is Denise and Drew.

She really was the best thing from season 9. Even the previous regulars became parodies/caricatures of their previous selves.