N-Europe

Blue ray or normal dvds

Darkscooty

It's because both pics are cropped and then blown up in size.

Try this for a comparrison;

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=749

I'm not saying that HD isn't much better when in motion. What I mean is that I find that in my head DVDs still look crystal-clear.

BTW, those comparison shots are terrible. Someone messed up the settings on the HD-DVD player - the colour is noticably washed-out. But the extra detail is very noticeable. I just wouldn't notice it while I'm enjoying the film.

Blu Ray IS a lot better, but only on cinematic films and only if you have a HUGE tele, otherwise it's not worth it; I have a DVD upscaler and a bu ray player and only buy certain films on bluray. But I must say when they;re good, they fucking incredible; better that theatrical release, the detail and quality on Ratatouille and Nightmare Before Christmas is mind blowing!

But, what bothers me (same thing that happened when DVDs came out) is that over time you become less impressed by Blu Ray, just more disappointed with everything else.

But, what bothers me (same thing that happened when DVDs came out) is that over time you become less impressed by Blu Ray, just more disappointed with everything else.

Ha! Too true! Whenever I go to the pictures now I'm always bitchin' about how crap it looks. "It's like looking through vaseline" etc...

BR is amazing.

Blu Ray IS a lot better, but only on cinematic films and only if you have a HUGE tele, otherwise it's not worth it; I have a DVD upscaler and a bu ray player and only buy certain films on bluray. But I must say when they;re good, they fucking incredible; better that theatrical release, the detail and quality on Ratatouille and Nightmare Before Christmas is mind blowing!

Not true. I've got a 19" Sharp HDTV and everyone who has watched it has pointed out the quality of HD. No use having a big TV if it's got shite PQ.

You shouldn't watch them zoomed in, theyre zoomed in so you can see the difference better.

I know, the point it, it's a misleading comparison, considering that no one watches anything like that. Of course that it's interesting to see the difference when zoomed, but you get my point.

I sky+ Ratatouille on Disney Cinemagic HD. I not watched it yet but hear the PQ in HD is amazing.

Have you seen Happy Feet on Blu-Ray? I have the HD-DVD and the PQ is so sharp and very crisp. That's one film you should get if you ever wanna show off the benefit of blu-ray/HD to friends.

I don't know what PQ is but it looks phenomenal, so much better than the cinema, the detail and colour just blows me away.

Yeah I've got Happy Feet too, but I think Ratatouille and Nightmare are better!

I got Sleeping Beauty for xmas and I CAN'T WAIT for that! It's meant to be out of this world!

I don't know what PQ is but it looks phenomenal, so much better than the cinema, the detail and colour just blows me away.

Yeah I've got Happy Feet too, but I think Ratatouille and Nightmare are better!

I got Sleeping Beauty for xmas and I CAN'T WAIT for that! It's meant to be out of this world!

PQ - Picture Quality.

Guest Jordan

I have Transformers on Blu-ray... Its basically one of of the best looking films i've ever seen. Only downside is, there's some dodgy film style "spotty"ness on the picture.

Still, I love the fact that my TV works at 24p (hz) in 1080p. Lovely! I'll be picking up The Dark Knight asap.