NEurope
Choze

God of War III

Playing through the first 2 Gods in preparation for this beauty.

Just finished playing Chains Of Olympus, my first God Of War game and I really enjoyed it. Definately looking forward to III now.

Nothing in those pics really impresses me as much as you guys. It sounds like everyone is getting an erection over some decent graphics. The original Uncharted still looks better than that.

The game will probably change my mind once I see some HD gameplay footage.

As i said its about the scale. Uncharted has tiny areas with few enemies in comparison, it should be good looking.

I do wonder what happened to the fighting games this gen though. The PSP is keeping up lol.

Just finished playing Chains Of Olympus, my first God Of War game and I really enjoyed it. Definately looking forward to III now.

I still have my save file on Chains of Olympus right before the final boss, might give it a whirl inbetween 1 & 2.

Never played the first two so getting them on PSN or on a special edition would just be amazing.

Worse comes to worse, I'll borrow my brother's PS2 and rent them.

I highly recommend you play them, not only are they amazing ( especially the 2nd one ) but the epic story looks like its set to continue straight after number 2.

I highly recommend you play them, not only are they amazing ( especially the 2nd one ) but the epic story looks like its set to continue straight after number 2.

Yeah, shouldn't be too hard to do since when I say 'borrow' my brother's PS2 I mean grab it from my desk since I still haven't given it back from borrowing it to play MGS2 and 3. :heh:

I cannot wait for this badboy. I loved the first two, and I know I'm going to love this.

I'm all over this the day its out.

That sort of stuff isn't doing it for me, I mean gore is good up to a certain extent but personally find that a bit too much.

I'll be happy as long as he screams real good. It's no fun when they don't struggle.

I am fine with the violence. Especially as there is a good game there. Its quite cartoony violence (with blood).

I had no problem with limbs and heads flying off in Fallout but actually ripping somebody's head off is disgusting, a bit too realistic, and the fact you get a close-up and you have to mash buttons so that his head is ripped off is a bit disgusting.

Maybe if the guy you behead is a complete arse and tortures children then yeah, he deserves it.

I had no problem with limbs and heads flying off in Fallout but actually ripping somebody's head off is disgusting, a bit too realistic, and the fact you get a close-up and you have to mash buttons so that his head is ripped off is a bit disgusting.

Maybe if the guy you behead is a complete arse and tortures children then yeah, he deserves it.

I'm kind of with you here. I don't think in games where your quickly going from one enemy to another chopping heads and arms off left right and centre it has quite the same effect. Even Fallout is slight comical especially when you have the bloody mess perk as they literally just blow up and parts going flying around. It like you say the way it zooms in and you actually struggle (well put in some effort) to rip off his head makes it far more graphic and potentially disturbing.

Anyway like many others I am playing through a GoW game, Chains of Olympus on PSP which I've had for ages but only done the first two levels. Blitzing through it again. Think the other two games will another reason to finally pick up a PS2 along with MGS3, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. DAMN NO PS3 BC.

I'm thinking of getting some PS2 games, I sort of forgot I still had one in the attic and got it down a month ago so I could borrow and play Tekken, and now I have Crazy Taxi again. That ICO game, as well as shadow of the colossus looks great. Not going to bother with God of War, it's only peaking my interest on PS3 because it looks so good, and I'm generally not a fan of 3rd person button mashing (ok, it's slightly more than that) because I've played a few of those games and a couple of levels in it's just tedious.

Also, was the game Farenheit good? I think it was you Flamey that said it was brilliant and I'd like a few quirky ones to try out.

I'm thinking of getting some PS2 games, I sort of forgot I still had one in the attic and got it down a month ago so I could borrow and play Tekken, and now I have Crazy Taxi again. That ICO game, as well as shadow of the colossus looks great. Not going to bother with God of War, it's only peaking my interest on PS3 because it looks so good, and I'm generally not a fan of 3rd person button mashing (ok, it's slightly more than that) because I've played a few of those games and a couple of levels in it's just tedious.

Also, was the game Farenheit good? I think it was you Flamey that said it was brilliant and I'd like a few quirky ones to try out.

YES YES YES! It is brilliant, in fact that doesn't do it justice. I should warn you though for 80% of the game it is great the last 20% the plot gets stupid. Also its UI is clunky but you can really see what they are trying to achieve. It feels so fresh and new and different, even now I think it would as Heavy Rain is the only game thats even tried to replicate its approach. I may have to wheel it out again...Means nicking my dads xbox though! As I sold mine but kept some of the games.

i think putting the disturbing-ness into violence is more healthy then having it surreal and almost comical.

back in the day, when the A-team was airing for the first time, there was a hoo-haa that it was too violent, which was countered by the fact no one, in any of the firefights,explosions, car crashes or B.A.'s rampages, ever died. from a psychological standpoint, this is arguably more harmfull to children as it doesnet show the consiquences to violence.

best example i can think of of extreeme violence disscouraging bloodshed would be in somthing like saving private ryan or blood dimond, were horrific violence just make you want to never go through that. of course, god of war is more like 300 which taught us violence is awsome. either way, the level of volence is fitting, had he just ripped the head off a normal guy with no provecation, i could see it being an issue, but lets remeber, the gods did fuck kratos over.

I do find the level of violence a bit repulsive, but honestly I think that's the point. God of War has always been barbaric and it's based on very violent mythology, so I don't think it's so much glorifying the gore as being true to the character and source material.

If that GIF was of Sam Fisher ripping a thug's head off things would be different.

i think putting the disturbing-ness into violence is more healthy then having it surreal and almost comical.

back in the day, when the A-team was airing for the first time, there was a hoo-haa that it was too violent, which was countered by the fact no one, in any of the firefights,explosions, car crashes or B.A.'s rampages, ever died. from a psychological standpoint, this is arguably more harmfull to children as it doesnet show the consiquences to violence.

God of War isn't teaching anyone anything though, and I think people that play the game will know about real violence and the ethics (wrong word?) behind it. I think yeah it sort of suits the game but it's not as if Kratos isn't mullering people with big axes and machetes left right and centre, thing is I think forcing you to rip a living person's head off, with it being quite realistic, it is too far on my scale.

I prefer if death/violence is suggestive and left to you to think about what happened. If you pressed a button and then it cuts to the camera of Kratos holding the head that's be the way I would have it, just seeing the rip occuring in front of you as a result of you making it happen is sickening really.

Sorry if I repeated myself a bit.

In God of War, Kratos is hardly presented as some do gooder. That character he kills is a God. None of the Gods are pictured as goody two shoes in the series.

s head off, with it being quite realistic, it is too far on my scale.

I prefer if death/violence is suggestive and left to you to think about what happened. If you pressed a button and then it cuts to the camera of Kratos holding the head that's be the way I would have it, just seeing the rip occuring in front of you as a result of you making it happen is sickening really.

the point of the games isnt to be sublte or to imply violence though. its about fucking mother fuckers the fuck up. i think the appeal of the games is to the violent, animalistic side of the player, almost asthough your playing a horror game as the monster.

i did find the kill girsely and kinda sick, but also awsome, and i must add, a graphical triumph.

Not really a graphical triumph. I'm saying I don't mind a lot of violence, blood or gore, it's just the difference it is with actually ripping the head off someone, with your hands, close up, by mashing a button and watching them struggle. It's very different than just slashing or shooting their head off.

Not really a graphical triumph. I'm saying I don't mind a lot of violence, blood or gore, it's just the difference it is with actually ripping the head off someone, with your hands, close up, by mashing a button and watching them struggle. It's very different than just slashing or shooting their head off.

i see what you mean, but im personaly hoping they get things alot more extreeme fopr the final product, looks like a grusomly satisfying game

I want to be sickened by what I do. Wouldn't really do Greek mythology justice if it didn't.