NEurope
killer kirby

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes (Wii/Wii U Online RPG)

So rumor has it that DQX may be in fact an MMO...thoughts? :D

Wouldn't have the time for it honestly.

I get a feeling if anything it's going to flow like DQIX did, but with the presentation of DQVIII. Plenty of quests to last a year or more. A good 40-60 hour main game you can complete in single player. And the rest just mindless grotto carnage with friends all around the world if you choose too.

So rumor has it that DQX may be in fact an MMO...thoughts? :D

Well, I guess that's another 500+ hours.

Was hoping for a more "traditional" style DQ RPG, but if it's an online enabled DQIX with a lot more content than that will be great.

3 more weeks until the trailer is out :bouncy:

I think the old traditional DQ is out forever now sadly, DQ in my eyes has always been a series about evolving and becoming something incredibly rich and deep while staying at it's core, but one that continues to raise the bar on what to expect from an JRPG.

Personally, I don't want to play a Dragon Quest as long as IX again. Yes, it's great to have a lot of post-game content, but IX took it too far. The Grottoes were actually a good companion to me over the winter, but it was very frustrating trying to get the rare items, as it was a 2% chance for the clothing and just a 1% chance for the weapons or Metal Slime equipment. Cue much failure and repetition.

It was also great to have so many post-game bosses, namely the Grotto and Legacy Bosses. The problem with the latter, though, was that instead of being a set, difficult challenge (ie. being at level 99 straight away), you had to level them up yourself, which meant fighting them 100 times! I never want to do that again - it's a waste of time. Having them make jumps of 10 (eg. 9, 19... all the way to 99) would have been better, but fighting them 100 times? No!!

But then, who am I kidding? If DQX is indeed an MMO, it's time for me to upgrade my internet connection. See you online. I'll be the Paladin wearing the Metal King Armour... :)

I'd be very surprised if this were still on Wii at this stage.

After so many interviews where the creator himself has been saying 'it's on the Wii' plus also the fact that they are still bringing out DQ games onto the Wii (The Anniversary edition WITH a DQX trailer in it and also Fortune Street Mario x Dragon Quest party game) The game is coming to the Wii, DQVII came out on the PS1 in Japan months after the PS2 came out.

EDIT: not long now until the stream is up :D

DRAGON QUEST X FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

LOOKS MMO VAST LAND AND CHOOSE SPECIES!!!! WII ONLINE FUUUUUU

Mods change title to Dragon Quest 10: Rise of the Five Tribes (Wii Online RPG) please :D

Logo

2hgzdr7.jpg

It's for the Wii and the WiiU, both can play online with one another, also 3DS connectivity, allowing street pass with characters with other people.

So yeah...stream is over, mmo DQ game for the Nintendo system, shit loads to do big, vast and...yeah N-europe's online group will be jizzing in their pants :D

Edited by killer kirby

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]*cries tears of joy*

I see there is going to be a beta aswell. No doubt only for Japan though.

Details:

- First internally developed DQ game at Square Enix

- Produced by Yosuke Saito (NIER) and directed by Jin Fujisawa (DQ8, DQ9)

- Online RPG for Wii and WiiU

- The Wii version will be released in 2012 in Japan, no date for WiiU version

- The WiiU version will have much better graphics, but the world will be the same

- The opening movie is by Square Visual Works

- The game takes place in a world with 5 continents, and 5 different races/tribes living in them

- Massive world and story that builds on the foundations of DQ9's ideas

- Visible equipment

- For those who play alone there will be NPCs who can be recruited into the party and driven by AI

- There are battle transitions, and the combat commands at menu based, but the player only controls his/her character

- The Wii game supports Wiimote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, as well as USB Keyboards

- The Wii game will use both the game disc as well as USB memory storage

- There could be a feature where characters can be transferred onto the 3DS and shared with other players using Streetpass

Thanks or the edit, but now thinking about it, I don't think us gamers will get the Wii version perhaps only getting one shipment and the rest focused on the WiiU to try and boost the sales over here as well as get DQ even more popularity. Either way

More information.

You can tailor your clothes, crafting your own sword, as well as have your own house and decorate it etc etc...

1000 hours later on xD (How am I going to squeeze time into both MH and DQ HOW DAMMIT!!! )

DLC such as quests and jobs will be coming after release.

The game will also have added quests post release -- like in Dragon Quest IX. It will be at the same pace or even faster pace that DQIX's. Some of the quests will span multiple volumes.

They'll have a job change system. They won't announce the name of the system today. After release, there will be additional jobs.

More stuff.

Regarding the Wii U version, Iwata notes that players who begin playing on the Wii could continue on the Wii U after they pick up that system.

The next theme is things that may relieve those worried about online games. You'll be able to logout easily, for instance. You won't have to play with others -- the game can be cleared 100% on your own, using NPC characters. The commands will be familiar.

Like past DQ games, you go to the pub to assemble a party.

You can create weapons that are used by other people. If your weapon is used by many, your status/name will rise.

Now they're introducing a section called "life in the Dragon Quest X world." You can take things like weapon and accessory maker jobs.

When you're not playing, you can let your character be used by other players in their parties.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I see there is alot of hate on Gaf. I have no idea why as it sounds great. I think many are kicking off because its an online game on the Wii, which they think doesn't do online gaming. Monster Hunter says hi. :grin:

This had better make it over here to the West, even if it's just a Wii U title. Imagine if Wii U launches with this over here? Awesome! :bouncy:

Gaf complain about everything, if it became the same as what DQVIII you would have people happy while other people complaining about how it's the same old shit over and over again. I think people should have been expecting something like this since the release of DQIX, the signs were there in that game, so yeah, I am one who is not shocked but super fucking excited!!!! :D:D:D:D

also 3DS connectivity, allowing street pass with characters with other people.
:o Awesome! That is fantastic news!! :yay:

You can tailor your clothes, crafting your own sword, as well as have your own house and decorate it etc etc...
:love::love::love:

Sweeeeet! :bouncy:

I am now very interested in this game. :grin:

- The Wii game supports Wiimote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, as well as USB Keyboards

- The Wii game will use both the game disc as well as USB memory storage

Oh, look! Features that should be expected if a console is to support online games. 6 years late on the Wii. :heh: Hopefully they realize at some point that voice chat is not some unthinkable luxury for a cooperative online game, too.

I wonder why that's the only official (?) screenshot so far. It's definitely unflattering in a typical MMO-town-groupshot sort of way.

So, any bets about the Wii-version actually making it to the West? They said 2012, which might mean sometime later 2012. Factor in a 6+ months for translation and the Wii-version would come over by the time the WiiU is out here. My guess is, if this makes it over here at all, we might only see the WiiU version.

Well that pretty much sells me on a Wii U. When is that monstrosity out again?

Red Shell didn't you enjoy DQIX as well?
I sure did. Mainly because of the collecting/customisation aspect (although it was obviously a great game regardless), so I'm really happy to see that stuff confirmed and improved upon for this game. :)

Hey it just occurred to me...because this game is also on Wii U does that mean...*Gasp* I can play the fuck out of DQX on the screen controller anywhere I want in the house :o

Wonder where Grazza and Ike are? Died from a heart attack or something?

Iwata suggesting being able to transfer your game from the Wii to the WiiU? Hmmm that certainly makes me want to ask a few questions...

Wonder where Grazza and Ike are? Died from a heart attack or something?

*Kazing*

Just catching up on the news, wasn't getting up for 6AM :P

Basically looks like a much bigger version of DQIX, reminds me a bit of PSO. USB storage is quite interesting, means they can add as many quests as they like and more complex ones.

The battle system looked a little slow in the footage mind.

Can't wait for some online questing :bouncy:

Edited by Ike

So it's going to be kinda like DQIX? Sweeet!

Subscription fee's? Whuuuuhh.

Although it's an ORPG (Like Phantasy Star), I really hope the gameplay online is smooth because games like Brawl have been terrible online. I'm so glad I repurchased a Wii yesterday.