NEurope
killer kirby

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes (Wii/Wii U Online RPG)

I'll get pic of where a woman said puff puff in the DQVI SNES version, but now in the english version gotten 'pattycake'

puff puff won't go away because it's on a 'Nintendo' system, shit, it's been there since the NES times. It's all up to the group of guys who will never stop making stupid fucking puns in the Dragon Quest series if we get puff puff in the game.

Ah. That sucks. Thought it was a new thing. I hear they switched localization group half way through which is probably the problem. I hear it's quite noticeable when it switches.

Ah. That sucks. Thought it was a new thing. I hear they switched localization group half way through which is probably the problem. I hear it's quite noticeable when it switches.

I just want some of the stupid fucking puns to go away, it's annoying, plus naming a town something which gives the story away is freaking annoying.

I've been reading all day that its looking likely that DQ X is gonna be like Twilight Princess was and will bridge the gap between Wii and Wii U. I don't think anythings known about the specifics of this, heck we don't have a single screenshot of DQ X as it is. :laughing: Whats everyones thoughts on that?

I've been reading all day that its looking likely that DQ X is gonna be like Twilight Princess was and will bridge the gap between Wii and Wii U.

I don't believe that is the case. It's more like this:

While Wada did not confirm anything, he stated that the company must at least consider making Dragon Quest X support the Wii U system in some way.

It should be noted that Wada was not talking about releasing a separate Wii U version of Dragon Quest X. But it's also true that the Wii is backwards compatible with all Wii games by default. What Square Enix seem to be doing is investigating if they can add any enhancements to the game for when it is played on a Wii U, much like Pokémon Black & White had DSi-specific game features.

I don't believe that is the case. It's more like this:

Sorry I should have specified that it may just be a single release with Wii U added gimmickry.

I care not for the gimmicks! Just give me the game on the Wii, hell a screenshot would do at this point!

I just think it should be properly upscaled. If it's left to the TV to do it, the results won't be anywhere near as good as they could be.

OK, I'd like better textures, higher-polygon models, but there must be a limit as to what you can fit on the disc in addition to the standard Wii version. I wouldn't like the core game neutered so it can fit on the disc.

To be honest, it's a sorry situation. I always thought it should have been on the PS3, as the Wii was always going to become outdated more quickly.

If anything it will be the most miiiiiinor thing for the WiiU if anything at all, DQVII came out in Japan months after the PS2 came out and playing DQVII on the PS2 does not add features or anything. People are getting excited over nothing, we will know everything about whats going down by the end of the year.

To be honest, it's a sorry situation. I always thought it should have been on the PS3, as the Wii was always going to become outdated more quickly.

Get over it, Sony failed in getting a higher userbase which Horii loves, I was upset DQVIII wasn't on Gamecube, but Sony had a higher userbase then, that simple.

Apparently it was all a mistranslation and S-E are just looking into generally bringing a launch game/s to the Wii U.

Apparently it was all a mistranslation and S-E are just looking into generally bringing a launch game/s to the Wii U.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, oh wait, that's right, prob won't be out for another 2 years after the WiiU is released :laughing:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, oh wait, that's right, prob won't be out for another 2 years after the WiiU is released :laughing:

Plain old FF XIII will do then to get us warmed up for Versus XIII. :grin:

Finally!

We haven't gotten a look at Dragon Quest X yet. But that's going to change by September at the very latest.

Square Enix announced a final release date and price for Wii's Dragon Quest Collection today. The compilation will arrive on September 15, priced ¥4,440.

Dragon Quest Collection is a compilation of the first three Dragon Quest games. The disc actually includes five games, the first three DQ games in their original Famicom form, and and the Super Famiciom Dragon Quest I&II and Dragon Quest III remakes.

Perhaps bigger news than the release date is one of the bonus goodies: a bonus video clip for Dragon Quest X! The DQX video will be included on the main game disc.

Although Dragon Quest X was announced for Wii a couple of years back, we've yet to see any footage of it. Square Enix hasn't even shown a logo. With the promise of bonus footage with the compilation, we'll presumably be getting our first look at the game (unless the folks at Square Enix decide to be jerks and just show live action footage of some guy in a Slime suit talking about the game).

It's about time they showed this game off.

Well, looks like I'm importing this then.

oooor using that head of yours, just download a high-res trailer of the game that will come within 5 seconds of the games release in japan thanks to the nerds of japan and the internet

It's about time they showed this game off.

Yeah, since showing off game footage right away really helps...how your waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII going?

oooor using that head of yours, just download a high-res trailer of the game that will come within 5 seconds of the games release in japan thanks to the nerds of japan and the internet

I'm not getting just for the trailer.

Yeah, since showing off game footage right away really helps...how your waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII going?

Very well actually. Thanks for asking.

The wait for it is killing me and I haven't even got a PS3.

The wait for it is killing me and I haven't even got a PS3.

Thats sad, since you know, it's going to be up there with Duke Nukem Forever, just a complete mess of a game.

I should also mention that if you are impatient that the game has yet to be shown, think of it this way. The game has been said to be in for release in 2012, making it the shortest release of a mainline Dragon Quest game since DQV. I still remember when they showed off DQIX for the first time and it was nothing like it is now. Perhaps Horii likes how Nintendo does things and shows the game off when the game is almost done.

Edited by killer kirby

Uhh so I reckon that means Dragon Quest Collection will turn up a year late in 2012 :(

Keep DQX very straight like the old ones and I'll be a very happy bunny, as sleepless as a bunny could be.

Uhh so I reckon that means Dragon Quest Collection will turn up a year late in 2012 :(

It's coming out this year in Japan, for us though, I want my hopes to be high that Nintendo could make the effort into bringing the collection here (If they wanted to do something crazy than perhaps make it like a bonus deal when you pick up Fortune Street).

But yeah sadly I doubt it's coming over here.

It's coming out this year in Japan, for us though, I want my hopes to be high that Nintendo could make the effort into bringing the collection here (If they wanted to do something crazy than perhaps make it like a bonus deal when you pick up Fortune Street).

But yeah sadly I doubt it's coming over here.

I hope it will too, but soonest 2012 is what I'm guessing :hmm: I'm honestly considering getting Japanese Wii alongside this. I can't put into words what these mean to me :hug:

I hope it will too, but soonest 2012 is what I'm guessing :hmm: I'm honestly considering getting Japanese Wii alongside this. I can't put into words what these mean to me :hug:

Or just homebrew ya Wii free import yay :yay:

Guess I'll finally get to play Dragon Quest III, then. Only RPG missing from my "must play" list. :D

Or just homebrew ya Wii free import yay :yay:
I had done that till around when New SMB came out, but it's tedious. I don't know if there's a way around it, but you know the new games require updates or even forces it and I got really annoyed by having to fiddle with config every so often. That and horror stories about bricking. Wii is much cheaper now so I'm thinking having 2 is less of a hassle. I just need a good reason to force me make the move and this collection is making me think very hard. :laughing: