NEurope
ReZourceman

T-Shirt Designs

How much money have people made out of redbubble? Everyones on here are really good, it's a shame redbubble isn't more well-known, i'm sure if these were in shops they'd sell really well.

My Breaking Bad logo (which although isn't my own original design, I did actually make it from scratch in PS) but anyway, its obviously an existing thing so a bit cheaty, but I've been selling on average 2-3 stickers a week and about 1-2 t-shirts a week.

I've sold a few GL ones and a few odd other ones (Pokemon, Oshawott, that Hawkeye one) and I've made probably £60-£80 in total. Ish. I think.

Goafer makes about a thousand a week I think. :p

How much money have people made out of redbubble? Everyones on here are really good, it's a shame redbubble isn't more well-known, i'm sure if these were in shops they'd sell really well.

I've uploaded around 14 shirts up and around 10 have sold, So only around £20 for me. I need to try to make something for the masses.

Goafer makes about a thousand a week I think. :p

I wish!

I've made about £450 in total. I sell a couple of stickers and shirts per week. Usually more at the end of each month due to paydays.

I've made £41 in two months. I've decided that this can pay for my monthly comic books and subsidize Spotify.

I'm intending on making a series of Zelda Sage shirts, Sage in the foreground, medallion in the background.

Here is a very in-progress prototype...

SariaPrototype1.jpg

Do you think many Zelda fans may be feeling that? Obviously, try to imagine it cleaned up a bit more and painted*.

*Fuck you computer colourers. Lazy shites.

Here is a very in-progress prototype...
SariaPrototype1.jpg

Do you think many Zelda fans may be feeling that? Obviously, try to imagine it cleaned up a bit more and painted*.

*Fuck you computer colourers. Lazy shites.

Were you planning the Sage to be in full colour or just shades of the colour of their medalion? I think the latter would probably look better and if done right, would be rather snazzy. Either way, I'm liking your initial design there.

Were you planning the Sage to be in full colour or just shades of the colour of their medalion? I think the latter would probably look better and if done right, would be rather snazzy. Either way, I'm liking your initial design there.

I was thinking the former, full colour on a t-shirt of its element colour (Saria on green etc.). But the latter does sound good. How would it translate to the other Sages:

Rauru: shades of yellow

Darunia: shades of red

Ruto: shades of blue

Impa: shades or purple

Nabooru: shades of orange

Waddaya think?

I was thinking the former, full colour on a t-shirt of its element colour (Saria on green etc.). But the latter does sound good. How would it translate to the other Sages:

Rauru: shades of yellow

Darunia: shades of red

Ruto: shades of blue

Impa: shades or purple

Nabooru: shades of orange

Waddaya think?

Yeah, them would be the right colours. I think it would look a little "classier" in the single colour but then that's just me.

Could you mock up an initial design for both sets for one of the sages and then put it to a vote on here? Or just go with both anyway. I'm not sure if there is cost involved with redbubble and the like for putting an item up for sale but if not, it would just be an easy way of doubling your product line, with minimal effort, and hopefully attract more buyers.

Yeah, them would be the right colours. I think it would look a little "classier" in the single colour but then that's just me.

Could you mock up an initial design for both sets for one of the sages and then put it to a vote on here? Or just go with both anyway. I'm not sure if there is cost involved with redbubble and the like for putting an item up for sale but if not, it would just be an easy way of doubling your product line, with minimal effort, and hopefully attract more buyers.

There's no cost for uploading a design on Redbubble, the only variable you can do is the percentage of your cut.

I'll work on the both "sides" for Saria and see what comes out. I'm going to be trying a different paint than I've done so who knows how it'll come out.

MERGING POST SEXINESS.

SAM_0157.jpg

Not the best effort I know, I tried to see if I could do it without drawing an outline beforehand and it seems to have some out Hulk-esque.

SAM_0158.jpg

Obvious which piece had most of the effort. I know the left of the smile is a little blurred, I tried to lighten up the face a bit.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
WEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEE

They're too big, is what they are! :p

I'm liking the normal coloured one, but it has more green to it than the shades one atm!

How come the shades one has a yellow background, be nice to see it on the green.

They're too big, is what they are! :p

I'm liking the normal coloured one, but it has more green to it than the shades one atm!

How come the shades one has a yellow background, be nice to see it on the green.

This pretty much.

The normal coloured one is looking pretty much how I envisaged the shades of green one to look except the skin would have been shaded with a really faint green instead of the creamy/peachy colour.

It kind works for Saria anyway because she wears all green and has green hair - same rule would apply to Ruto. A more telling use of the colour scheme would be Darunia or Impa because they aren't predominantly the colour of their emblem.

I just think it'd look boring :(

EDIT: But it isn't about what I want, it's what the people like you want. I'll draw it up at work today and paint it when I get home.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

A more telling use of the colour scheme would be Darunia or Impa because they aren't predominantly the colour of their emblem.

Here's Saria, properly done Shade style.

SAM_0159.jpg

But as you said, this is the telling use. Just finished Darunia...

SAM_0160.jpg

I really want to do stuff for RedBubble but I don't have photoshop/know how to use it *well* or a tablet. A tablet is the most poignant part since I want to draw.

I really want to do stuff for RedBubble but I don't have photoshop/know how to use it *well* or a tablet. A tablet is the most poignant part since I want to draw.

Do yo' shizzle hand drawn.

Inspired by the QUEEN OF MUSIC Cher Lloyd and how lolz she is.

work.7647365.1.fig,royal_blue,mens,fbfbfb.haters-v3.jpg

I just love that smiley face.

Seriously pissed off by how this turned out. I've 99% of it painted for a few days, I apply the "design" to the end of the elbow fins and it bleeds the fuck out of the ink.

SAM_0165.jpg

I need to find a pen which won't get fucked over by watercolours.

Hmm not sure what you could do about the pen. Try to find one that's waterproof I guess? Just always make sure the image is completely dry when using a pen.

I just use a pencil when I go over my watercolour drawings, so I've not had this problem.

Also have to point out that her hands are backwards. Her thumbs should be on the other side of her hand (mimic the pose to see what I mean). Could always fix this in Photoshop or some other image programme I guess. =)

Also have to point out that her hands are backwards. Her thumbs should be on the other side of her hand (mimic the pose to see what I mean).

I know what you mean, but when I pose my arms like that myself it looks similar to that. I think I'm missing drawing a few lines to make it more obvious.

I don't know what way the hands are facing. It looks like the back of the hands. If that's the case, then the thumbs are wrong.

If it's the palm of the hands facing us, then you should indeed draw extra lines. Like where the fingers connect to the hand (look at your own hand, you have lines there too).

Random example image:

manga_hands1c.jpg

I don't know what way the hands are facing. It looks like the back of the hands. If that's the case, then the thumbs are wrong.

Not that wrong.

Here's my left hand (not at the exact angle, but you can see what I'm aiming for.):

Hands2.jpg

I think it looks confusing because I didn't do the line where the white dot is.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I couldn't see that it was the sides of the hands you were showing.

It either looked like the back or the front to me. You are right that you should draw the extra lines to make it more obvious. =)

Here's a drawn example of the picture you posted:

hand.jpg

It's a lot more obvious if you include the lines you left out (like the one with the white dot), as they make it clear that part of the palm of the hand is also showing. Otherwise it will look like the back or the front of the hand, and not the side, like I thought.

By the way I'm not slagging off your drawing, I think it looks cool (as do the others), just trying to give some constructive criticism. =)

Edited by Eenuh

So I had Jim bug me to make a new t-shirt design, and he suggested a howling wolf. Like I say in my comment on RedBubble it's been done a million times before, but I still like the result haha.

Been ages since I last made a t-shirt so this was a nice break. =)

Click the image to see the RedBubble preview thingie.

Schermafbeelding2011-08-31om022129.png