Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add you.

And yes, it was fun. But I didn't think I'd be that bad :(

Don't worry about it, you attract lower level players, so that's fine. Getting a 0.5 kd isn't that bad for someone who hasn't played it much, doesn't know the techniques, and doesn't know map routes or what weapons are best.

Just keep plugging at it and you may reach our standards. Actually I'm not going to lie, you'll likely never match us. We're insane.

We're insane.

Depending on how you define insane I might agree with you.

doesn't know the techniques

Right now the only technique that I think is best is seeing the enemy before the enemy sees you.

If I'm in a gunfight face to face I always seem to lose and it's not that I don't aim well or don't pay attention to recoil.

Well, just need to play a bit more often.

How bad is it that I don't have the other DLC?

Yeah dude considering how new you are you really aren't bad. In that first game you went 1 for 4 (well 4 for 12) against some pretty high level players (two were higher than dwarf) thats actually impressive. You'll definitely be immense soon.

And its not that bad that you don't have the other DLC, but if you enjoy playing it and can see yourself playing it a lot then definitely get it. The two maps are awesome, Facility which is totally bad ass and inside map with a few levels and a big open area with a submarine in, and Flooded Ruins which IMO is one of the most gorgeous maps, with lots of ruins, open areas and the "HellDome" which is the tallest place in Uncharted multiplayer, and which lots of people like to go to but is tiny so massive carnage.

And its not that bad that you don't have the other DLC, but if you enjoy playing it and can see yourself playing it a lot then definitely get it.

I'll get a new PSN card as soon as Castle Crashers gets released. If there's enough money left, I think I'll get the other DLC.

I can't find any people playing Co-op. Why? Is there nobody who wants to to co-op or is my connection to shit?

I'll get a new PSN card as soon as Castle Crashers gets released. If there's enough money left, I think I'll get the other DLC.

I can't find any people playing Co-op. Why? Is there nobody who wants to to co-op or is my connection to shit?

Usually not a huge amount of people that play Co-Op. I'll be on later today, probably around 1:30pm to play if you want to then. :)

Usually not a huge amount of people that play Co-Op. I'll be on later today, probably around 1:30pm to play if you want to then. :)

Sorry, but today's poker-day so I don't think I'll be online that much later. But you never know.

Depending on how you define insane I might agree with you.

Right now the only technique that I think is best is seeing the enemy before the enemy sees you.

If I'm in a gunfight face to face I always seem to lose and it's not that I don't aim well or don't pay attention to recoil.

Well, just need to play a bit more often.

How bad is it that I don't have the other DLC?

Well seeing them before you is quite major, but seeing them when they've seen you and getting out of their line of sight is majorly important.

By this I mean - where you go on the map, and how you use the camera. That's the key to Unch multiplayer, to manipulate it even whilst running somewhere, sometimes when jumping and basically just surveying when necessary, i.e. pretty much constantly. When I let a mate have a go, it's obvious why he does badly, because he just doesn't know how to use the camera well. If you're amazing, ala me, it becomes second nature, and I guess you'll grow better the more you play and the more you know the maps.

You'd also surprised by the techniques, it's incredibly deep when you think about it. From simple things like when being near an enemy *hold fire/tap fire for half a second and then punch for the quickest kill* or elite stuff like doing L1 throw grenades and landing it perfectly on someone who's trying to hide or climb a ledge near you. Knowing when and when not to attempt to kill someone is something you can only really learn through dying in those circustances.

For example you'd be surprised how much of an advantage a person has who's taken cover behind the same cover point first as you - blind fire from these positions is amazingly quick and accurate, scarily so. Also, it's generally a bad idea to be out of cover, waiting for someone to pop out of their's, unless you have a sniper or an RPG. It's just the fact that they can have their aim perfectly on you, and they have the element of surprise against you because they know when they're going to pop out, so they can start firing instantly and basically these people should always win from their position.

Importantly for you:

Knowing the weapons and the enemy 'hit-boxes' is truly of high importance. The AK-47 is amazingly inferior to pistols unless you are using Down the Irons. Down the Irons + AK is great for new players because killing enemies is a hell of a lot easier. But after time you'll learn that any pistol is better than an AK with that booster.

Just a thing you did say -

'If I'm in a gunfight face to face I always seem to lose and it's not that I don't aim well or don't pay attention to recoil.'

Firstly when you say you pay attention to recoil, I guess that means you're burst firing. Really, with an AK, you shouldn't ever stop holding fire when aiming at someone. You just have to control the recoil with the right analogue stick i.e. through aiming differently. You also have to make sure you're connecting for a long enough time, which with an innacurate AK, can take quite a while. Thirdly, you need to be sure of when you're hitting something. There should be a constant mini-rumble in your controller when you're connecting with the maximum number of bullets with it. If the rumble dies down at any point when you're shooting them, you could be killing them faster.

What my friend was thrown at was how big the cross hairs seemingly go when shooting an AK. I think Naughtydog slightly overdid this, because it's more accurate than what the cross-hairs represent. When you're shooting, the most key thing is for the whole time to try and lock your cross-hairs on the biggest bit of the enemies hit box - their body. Basically, just imagine that there are crosshairs half the size of the ones that appear when your holding down R1 for a more than a second, then try and get hit the body with these cross-hairs to get that little rumble. Down the Irons basically reduces the recoil/cross-hair expanding so that more bullets hit when you're aiming at their torso.

Anyway, hopefully this was all useful to you. It could improve your game somewhat.

Well, everything you said is quite obvious and I already know that. It's just a matter of learning and putting it into action. But thanks anyway.

Firstly when you say you pay attention to recoil, I guess that means you're burst firing.

Not with the AK, actually I tend to not use the AK because, as you said, it sucks.

After just two matches I found out that pistols are much more efficient.

scientific breakdown of cross-hair expanding

Thank you for your effort but I'm not going to take this too much into my gaming/learning to play.

I did - kind of - "analyse" cross-hair movements/expanding and recoil in my old Counterstrike days but I don't want to play Uncharted on a semi-professional level.

It's not scientific, it's quite simple. I'm just saying that you should ignore the reticule.

I wouldn't say that all the stuff is obvious, just know that there's a ton of techniques that will improve your performance that you won't know about. It isn't as straight-forward as an FPS.

It's not scientific, it's quite simple.

Of course it's simple, I just wanted to use a witty line ::shrug:

I wouldn't say that all the stuff is obvious

Well, everything you said was quite obvious to me, especially when you've played the single player on harder difficulties (haven't done this in Uncharted 2 but in the first one). For example choosing/recognizing the right circumstances when to kill someone.

And if people are not out of their minds and they've been behind cover at least once, it's easy to grasp that when another player is behind cover he's still able to see what's going on.

Using the camera is important in any shooter. First person or third person. If you don't look around while running/jumping you only see what's in front of you.

So I still stand beside my statement that it's all obvious. Except maybe for the scientific breakdown of cross-hair expanding. :p

My hypothesis of the phenomenom that is Cross Hair Expansion is thus:

Due to the cross nulification of percieved geo-pixellated frame buffers and spacial awareness that one can occasionally succumb to, it therefore fluctuates exponentially at controlled intermediate flagulates - Particularly on a sub-atomic quantum level. This discomfobulates the required fluctuation in nano infused metaparticles..........a nano-capacitance inductor if you will.

To condense the hypothesis and transpose into a simple mathamatical formulea:

U = 5uc~k

9.00pm? I'd definitely not be having tea at that time.

So you've got protectorate medals and all that stuff Mr. Micro?

I do indeed, they're not that difficult if you can get a party of rapists together.

What little skillz at this game I've got are fading from lack of playage. Might be 2 weeks before I can play again.

Dwarf and Res, be warned that I will be recruiting you by any means necessary to help me with coop.

Edited by Jon

New update on Naughty Dogs site

Title Update 1.09 will be released in all regions on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at about 10:00 AM PDT (1800hrs in UK).

Title Update 1.09 includes the following:

Changes made to multiplayer character skin system to allow for voices to be included with future skins

Made changes to character game mechanics to prevent players from using exploits

Fixed ability for players to “super throw†the treasure in Plunder matches

Cash awarded per kill in Elimination has been increased to $750 per kill

Enabled the ability for Naughty Dog to easily alter the amount of cash earned for individual Medals on a playlist or gametype basis and per-kill

Thanks to some of the changes above, we’ll be issuing a LiveData update that will rescale Medal cash awards in Objective games ONLY. For matches which fall under the Objective modes, cash for individual and kill-based medals have been decreased in value, while cash for Objective based medals have been increased as follows:

Tip Off – $1,000

Captured – $4,000

That’s Embarrassing – $10,000

Protectorate – $2,000

No Cigar – $2,000

Drop It – $1,000

None Shall Pass – $5,000

Expansionist – $5,000

Head over to our community forums and leave your feedback, questions or any issues you may have encountered with Title

Micro Jonnage is back in action on Sunday, how's aboot a litte coop Lovin?

Maybiez, might be at a music festivelt, however me and Rez still need to get the co-op hard trophy. I need to do it on Village and Sanctuary, he only needs it on the sanctuary. I'll give it to him anywhere tbh.

Bought this the other day, first thing i did was go back and complete Drake's Fortune, absolutely loved it. Got to chapter 3 on Among Thieves, then jumped into multiplayer, thought I did alright, considering how different it is to BC2 and MW2. The graphics are seriously stunning, it's unreal.

August 6 – 9

Co-Op Crushing

Think you’ve mastered all of our Co-op modes? Give this episode of “The Lab” a try – we’ve lowered the health to Crushing levels in a selection of Co-op Objective and Co-op Arena maps.

August 20 – 23

No Power Weapons

Can you still dominate with the basic tools of UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer? During this weekend of “The Lab” we’ll be running Team Deathmatch but you’ll discover that all power weapons are absent on the selected maps. That means no weapons like the M-32 Hammer, GAU-19, SAS-12, Pistole, and more, will be available for pickup.

Meh. Don't even have any desire at all to play this weekend Lab. Shame.