N-Europe

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

New Patch up!

Title Update 1.06 will be released on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:00 AM PST (what time is that in my city?). After that time, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.06 when you connect online to UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer.

Title Update 1.06 includes a couple under-the-hood fixes we needed to make that don’t affect gameplay. Beyond that, we’ve also made the following updates:

Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the L1 shoulder button to aim

Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death

At the same time the Title Update is released, we’ll also be pushing live updates to other aspects of our multiplayer. These updates include:

Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs

Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter

Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%

Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%

Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%

Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort†to prevent intentional glitching by players

We’ll be keeping an eye on how these changes work out in-game and, as usual, through your comments, forum posts and Twitter. See you online!

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this game (or the first one) worth it? I've seen stellar reviews, so I downloaded the demo for the first one and thought it was absolutely terrible.

Just a very poor clone of Tomb Raider (which I'm not too keen on either) - the gunplay was tedious, the platforming and exploration were practically non-existent and it was just generally dull and uninspiring.

I don't have any games on my PS3 apart from LBP (I mainly bought it as a Blu Ray player) but I fancied this, but was sorely disappointed by the demo and don't want to waste my money unless someone can tell me otherwise

Is this game (or the first one) worth it? I've seen stellar reviews, so I downloaded the demo for the first one and thought it was absolutely terrible.

Just a very poor clone of Tomb Raider (which I'm not too keen on either) - the gunplay was tedious, the platforming and exploration were practically non-existent and it was just generally dull and uninspiring.

I don't have any games on my PS3 apart from LBP (I mainly bought it as a Blu Ray player) but I fancied this, but was sorely disappointed by the demo and don't want to waste my money unless someone can tell me otherwise

What Daft said. Well I loved Uncharted also. But IMO Tomb Raider is fucking shit. I hate it. This is amazing though. Its just way too good.

Scoop, get the game back and come and join me on multiplayer. I play this practically every day.

Uncharted 2 is great the first time you play it, although it is a little short. It's joined together very well; it doesn't in any way feel like you are watching a movie, rather playing a great game that has been put together as well as a movie.

That said, the shortness of the game is a drawback and on repeat playthroughs the enjoyment factor went down for me several fold. It's not a game that does anything necessarily new, but what it does it does amazingly well. Anyone buying this game would be extremely satisfied; particularly with the gameplay and visuals. I can't say I enjoyed the multiplayer side to the game, but I think it's clear that it wasn't developed almost solely for online like many multiplayer games these days.

If you like adventure games, this will be the best one you have ever played. I wouldn't say it's my favourite game of this generation (that would go to the game that offer something very different to anything I've ever played before; Oblivion or Demon's Souls), but it's easily one of the best games this generation.

I played the game twice and thought the second playthrough was as good if not better than the first time because I knew how to romp through it at pace. That said, I didn't feel compelled to play it a third time, although that's the same with most games. It is brilliant, and I also thought the first one was brilliant. You're saying the demo for the first was terrible? Go fuck yourself.

As for the multiplayer of U2... There weren't many trophies for going through it, or any perk unlocks that were better than the standard accuracy improvement one (you unlock hampering perks at the end to prove how much of a nob you are) so I didn't stick with it for too long. It is tempting with the new maps just to pick it up again, and try co-op a lot more. I can imagine the challenge of trying to win this new capture mode on hard difficulty being very enjoyable, and it helps that I'm insane anyway.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah, I fell in love with it on the third playthrough. Probably because I enjoyed watching the characters and knew what was coming in terms of the gameplay so the whole thing was slicker.

The only negative is the last boss. So dumb.

Bosses are actually almost always let downs. Many reasons really, ranging from them just being really underwhelming, being cheap, or too predictable and rigid (dodge main attack and hit 3 times). I actually think bosses with health bars are the way forward, but they should also require some brains if you want to beat them.

The Joker was potentially a great boss in Arkham Asylum but they just dumbed him down and made him shit. If you were asked to outfox him and manoeuvre around his traps before being able to land a punch or two it would've been much more, well, realistic, but above all more fun and challenging.

I found it very tense, like I was suddenly faced with someone brutal and powerful who had their intimidating persona drilled into you through the whole game, and was now super powered on top of that. For the first time in the game you had to run away from a single enemy even though you had weapons.

It was like Sarah Connor and the Model 101 in the computer factory at the end of The Terminator.