N-Europe

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, use the assault rifles, aim down the sights and shoot with R1.

Your humour never ceases to make me chuckle!

I think we are secretly brothers.

Back on Topic: Not played this in ages, still got about half the treasure to getg and complete on crushing... I might do it at some point.

I've just finished doing everything on this apart from going through it on Hard and Crushing which tbh I don't think I'll do as I found Normal quite tricky in parts.

Loved every bit of it, even collecting the treasures.

Edited by Caris

• 4 weeks later...

This is so awesome.

2010-01-28-PS-Heroes-DLC.jpg

Today, January 28, is a great day for us at Naughty Dog as the first downloadable content for UNCHARTED 2 is available on the PlayStation Network Store for anyone and everyone around the world to purchase.

Announced last week on the US PlayStation.Blog and EU PlayStation.Blog, the PlayStation Heroes features seven key characters from your favorite first-party PS3 games from the last fourteen months—inFAMOUS, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2. By downloading the PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack, you’ll get a chance to use Cole, Evil Cole, Zeke, Sev, a Helghast soldier, Nathan Hale or a Chimera out into the competitive multiplayer modes of UNCHARTED 2 (and hopefully surprise a few people you’re playing against). The Pack is priced in the US at $4.99. If you’re reading from outside the United States, check your local PlayStation Network Store for your local pricing.

Since this was our first attempt at importing characters from other games and engines into the Naughty Dog Engine that powers UNCHARTED 2, I hit up one of our lead character artists to help me coordinate and produce some nice high-resolution renders of all these characters from within our tools pipeline. We put all the character renders in a Flickr set you to check out or download for your own personal use.

I have to say, all these models look pretty amazing. I hope everyone at Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games, and Insomniac think so too!

I downloaded them. £3.99, and they look excellent.

Didn't like the nature of everyone screaming towards the good weapons at the start, the weapon system just felt unbalanced. Many of the standard weapons were either underpowered, inaccurate, or both. The fighting stuff pissed me off - the kick-off pull down thing is just bloody irritating and unresponsive. Like I was rolling away from an edge where someone was lying and they managed to somehow pull me down for an instant kill.

Grenades seem overly powerful and easy to use. Kind of shown through that video you posted, there were three of them hunting you down with assault rifles and then a quick unavoidable grenade undermines them all. Well placed but quite easy in all honesty.

Make no bones about it, I maintained positive K/Ds in almost every match, but I just found too many annoying things with it that I just don't have a problem with in an FPS. A good one anyway.

Didn't like the nature of everyone screaming towards the good weapons at the start,

Doesn't happen every game by a long way. For example, I'm always the first and unchallenged person to reach the Hammer on Sanctuary about 9 times out of 10.

the weapon system just felt unbalanced. Many of the standard weapons were either underpowered, inaccurate, or both.

There isn't a mapthat doesn't start you near several FALs or MP4s though, and they're both considerably better. And the pistol is awesome anyway.

The fighting stuff pissed me off - the kick-off pull down thing is just bloody irritating and unresponsive. Like I was rolling away from an edge where someone was lying and they managed to somehow pull me down for an instant kill.

Yeah thats a fair point. But when you learn to just not go near the edge and be cautious its fine. I don't even attempt to kick off any more.

Grenades seem overly powerful and easy to use. Kind of shown through that video you posted, there were three of them hunting you down with assault rifles and then a quick unavoidable grenade undermines them all. Well placed but quite easy in all honesty.

I'd say thats not true at all. The only reason I didn't die is because of their absolutely atrocious aim. I don't think I was even close to death.

Make no bones about it, I maintained positive K/Ds in almost every match, but I just found too many annoying things with it that I just don't have a problem with in an FPS. A good one anyway.

Oh yeah I'm not one of the (idiotic) people who say "oooooh you only don't like it cos' you're crap at it". Was crap at Halo 3 and love it.

Tencharacterweinz.

We'll have to just agree to disagree about the grenades. Whenever I played I found that the bottom left corner was made up of 80% grenade kills. Plus I'd hardly call the FAL a pro weapon. The M40 is yeah, and that's why I always tried to pick one up, but the fact is that they aren't always available.

My funner experiences were when I picked up the Pistole, just jumping around and hip firing with that thing was awesome. There's just something that seems a bit empty about the Uncharted multiplayer mode though, can't put my finger on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...