N-Europe

Valkyria Chronicles

Choze

Illusionary is quite right, they just get knocked out, after 3 turns they die, or if an enemy touches them.

Well: But they still can die and you yourself just explained how.

Though actually those posts weren't about if and how characters can die but they at least can :) And under certain circumstances, you can't even do anything against it, though that is really bad luck then.

Btw. you mentioned that all the units of the same type have the same level. I actually think that this is great because in Fire Emblem it is very unlikely that you get really many units high-leveled because each unit get her/his own experience. so some will start to lack levels - especially if they are not used at all (stay at the base) - and you won't really be able to use them later because you can't really get them at a high enough level to use them in the battle and therefore they won't gain new experience either.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who owns a PS3 and has the slightest interest in this game, must buy it...Honestly it is incredible...I've come unstuck a bit in Chapter 5 as the difficulty seems to have rammed up but still loving it...Honestly everyone should have this game in their collection.

Everyone who owns a PS3 and has the slightest interest in this game, must buy it...Honestly it is incredible...I've come unstuck a bit in Chapter 5 as the difficulty seems to have rammed up but still loving it...Honestly everyone should have this game in their collection.

Yeah that certain boss in Chapter 5...was intense. I love how every single level has a special way of doing it, with nothing generic. You pretty much can never just take the simple option that is right in front of you, and it requires a good bit of strategy. I'm near the end of the game and I've had a lot of fun with it.

Up to Chapter 7 now...enjoying it sooooo much. Think the difficulty goes up just at the right point as you are starting to settle into the game and makes you up your game and the ante. Really brings out the war strategist in you.

Would it make sense to people if I said it reminded me a little of Advance Wars?

Would it make sense to people if I said it reminded me a little of Advance Wars?

i can see what you mean, the very defined diference between each class, using grass to hide is kinda like fog of war, the special commands thing (i dint use em too much)

for me, it seemed more of a micro management of troops, like each individual counted, and direct controle. you were a single squad, unlike in outher stratergy games when your comanding several groups.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving this. This is exactly what i needed. I forgot about this and Yakuza 2. Both were lying with my GC collection.

Tried Midnight Club and Ferrari but neither grip me like Valkyria Chronicles and fits my RPG thrist. This is a nice follow up from 24/7 Killzone(over 150 hours...). :D

Up to the bit where there are lots of spoilers and the name of the game makes sense. I am on this mission where its quite unique

This bit is awesome: 2439154437_9cd11c7587_o.jpg Well i only have done one mission against her. She is evil.

Really nice stuff. The music is amazing too. DLC is great. Two new missions including one Imperial mission(play as enemy). Cant believe i forgot about this for abit!

Edited by Choze

I've watched 4 episodes of the anime so far, all I've found online.

Yeah i might have a look. Let me finish thegame though. The dlc looked good so i got them.

This game deserved more sales.

Yeah i might have a look. Let me finish thegame though. The dlc looked good so i got them.

This game deserved more sales.

There's nothing spoilerish about them if you've passed Chapter 4. The anime so far is up the taking the bridge.

There's nothing spoilerish about them if you've passed Chapter 4. The anime so far is up the taking the bridge.

Thats not much lol. Seems like they flesh the charcters out more. I really liked the pencil and brush style of the game however. Will check it out.

Going to play more right now. For the sequel if they do one that is, i would like online multiplayer.

Same, but what I wouldn't like is being raped in 2 turns by a Japanese player. You know it'll happen

I doubt it. N-E ELITES will show them ;)

Chapter 11 now. Amazing game. Going to be hard to top Chapter 10.

Edited by Choze