N-Europe

Valkyria Chronicles

Choze

SRPG by the Skies of Arcadia team.

61KsFwUnx7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• CANVAS Graphics Engine, created exclusively for the Playstation 3, brings a never-before-seen style to life. Breathe life into stunningly unique visuals similar to hand-drawn illustrations, and immerse yourself in real-time battles in environments resembling a watercolor painting in motion

• BLiTZ (Battle of Live Tactical Zone) System - Combining turn-based RPG gameplay with 3rd person action games, the BLiTZ battle system lets you battle with direct control in action sequences just as in action games, while also maneuvering through the vast world with strategic moves typical of tactical RPGs. The battle is turn-based between the Player Phase and the Enemy Phase

• Epic storyline - the struggle for freedom, as the fate of the world lies in the hands of Welkin and members of the 7th platoon

• Customization - Over 100 customizable characters let you create a variety of platoons to suit each battle's needs

• Beautifully rendered battlefields - explore 30 different environments, using each terrain to gain advantage in battle

2439154437_9cd11c7587_o.jpg

senjou-no-valkyria-gallian-chronicles_03b.jpg

valkyria-chronicles-20080715104516248.jpg

284409_full.jpg

valkyria-chronicles-20080820052603505.jpg

329354_full.jpg

Started playing it and am really enjoying it. Wanted to sink some time into something meaty and this seems to fit the bill. Gameplay so far is a step above existing SRPG. You play the actions snd explore in 3D whilst having the strategic aspects such as turns and ability to view a map.

Edited by Choze

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have played and finnished it, its a great game, but i wont play a second time, hence its going on amazon for 33quid.

the game is a bit mgs 4, in that it has a huge amount of cut scenes, which i didnt find to drag much. my only flaw would be the relative ease of the game, once you work out a decent stratergy, its pretty much won. this is why i'm not going to play again, altough im sure some people enjoy going for s ranks in every mission, i dont.

i have played and finnished it, its a great game, but i wont play a second time, hence its going on amazon for 33quid.

the game is a bit mgs 4, in that it has a huge amount of cut scenes, which i didnt find to drag much. my only flaw would be the relative ease of the game, once you work out a decent stratergy, its pretty much won. this is why i'm not going to play again, altough im sure some people enjoy going for s ranks in every mission, i dont.

Ah. Interesting, i have been dieing though :heh: but i am a SRPG noob save for Fire emblem. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I brought my copy for £25 new.

Ah. Interesting, i have been dieing though :heh: but i am a SRPG noob save for Fire emblem. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I brought my copy for £25 new.

dying never bothered me, finnished with all units alive, rather liked the rescue system.

where the flip was it £25?

when mine is sold, im getting prince of persia.

dying never bothered me, finnished with all units alive, rather liked the rescue system.

where the flip was it £25?

when mine is sold, im getting prince of persia.

got it for £25 off lovefilm shop with the 10% discount promotion code they were running. Good place to get Dark Knight Blu Ray as well.

Sega's Valkyria Chronicles was never expected to be a huge hit in the U.S.--Japanese tactical RPGs aren't exactly lighting up the charts these days.

Nevertheless, pockets of gamers admired the stylish PS3 exclusive for its unique look and interesting mix of real-time and turn-based tactics. Those fans might like to know that the game sold just 33K units in the U.S. during November, according to NPD Group.

NPD's David Riley told Edge the game didn't manage to crack the top 100 game SKUs for November, whose software sales roster was ruled by titles including World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Gears of War 2, Wii Fit and Call of Duty: World at War.

Valkyria Chronicles released on November 4 in the U.S. The title first shipped in Japan in late April, where it performed much better, shifting 77K units in its first week. It debuted at number three behind blockbusters Mario Kart Wii and Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, according to Media Create.

But in a U.S. shopping season that included such commercial heavy-hitters, it's no surprise that this uncommon title was lost in the shuffle.

33K units! :blank:

• 1 month later...
Good review. I am on the desert area right now keep dieing in one of the missions. Need to change strategy. Its fun though. I wish it had some trophies... :heh:

ifinnished it and traided it in cos of the lack of trophies, i didnt have much else to go for.

also, who ever thought the best way to get a new character was to train up a unit to full potential and then let them die is frankly, a wank brained knob face.

still, a very fun srpg, great story and script, and the same type of optomistic feel skies of arcadia had.

ifinnished it and traided it in cos of the lack of trophies, i didnt have much else to go for.

also, who ever thought the best way to get a new character was to train up a unit to full potential and then let them die is frankly, a wank brained knob face.

still, a very fun srpg, great story and script, and the same type of optomistic feel skies of arcadia had.

You do realise they don't have to "die" permanently, just get knocked out?

Illusionary is quite right, they just get knocked out, after 3 turns they die, or if an enemy touches them.

Now Fire Emblem....Dead is Dead, and there isn't a never-ending supply of recruits. Besides, in VC even if someone dies, no biggie, all recruits are going to be at the same level, just a different personality.