N-Europe

428 Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de

Ren of Heavens

Never heard of it before, but it got 40/40 in the latest Famitsu:

famitsu428xr3.jpg

The story, set in Tokyo's Shibuya, follows a young man, a virus researcher, a detective, a freelance writer and a cat mascot character as they brought together by strange events of global proportions. The visual novel uses photographs to tell the story.

Famitsu seemed most impressed with the game's story, the story's ending and the title's sound design.

For some reason I had automatically mentally marked this game as being for DS, dunno where I got that idea from. I know nothing about it really apart from the funny sounding title- 428 The World Doesn't Change Even So. I'm not sure what the chances are of this making it out of Japan, but its published by Sega (I think?), who pick up these more curious games from time to time and bring them to the Western market - such as Shiren the Wanderer on DS.

Don't forget the Japanese Magazines do usually give good scores on franchises that give a lot of money.

But 40/40 is actually very hard to get on Famitsu, so i guess this game must be good.

I was always curious about it, but i know it won't come here, so i don't care

Don't forget the Japanese Magazines do usually give good scores on franchises that give a lot of money.

This is not such a case, Chunsoft novel games don't usually get lots of money.

They gave a 40 to something that's not a game?

How's the gameplay on this thing? Refined? Bad?

Pratically non-existant I suppose, this probably plays like an ero-game or something like that. Which is OK, I mean totally different games, must be judged in a totally different manner.