Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Professor Layton and The Lost Future

Dante

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the standard DVD from HMV on Friday. The film was much better than I had anticipated and had some truly epic Layton & Luke moments. Defintley the best film based on a video game I've seen, and I hope they'll keep to their word and release one animated film per year :bouncy:

Was the book worth the extra £15 or so and is it really approx 700 pages? Care to share a few pics from the inside of it?

Was the book worth the extra £15 or so and is it really approx 700 pages? Care to share a few pics from the inside of it?

In short: Not really. The packaging is really nice and the cover to the book looks great. But it's simply what it says on the cover: it's the storyboards for the entire film, 638 pages of badly-drawn black and white images with notes in Japanese.

£45? Game's price is about £50 in Norway, Tales (unless it differs from store to store, which I highly doubt).

...I got mine for £14 or something, though. x3

(The price being high is obviously because Norway's one of the countries that doesn't have a messed up economy. £50 is practically nothing to me. :P)

Just finished the game last night. It was... well, simply amazing. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

£45? Game's price is about £50 in Norway, Tales (unless it differs from store to store, which I highly doubt).

...I got mine for £14 or something, though. x3

(The price being high is obviously because Norway's one of the countries that doesn't have a messed up economy. £50 is practically nothing to me. :P)

Just finished the game last night. It was... well, simply amazing. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

you played the others?

Of course I have. I've been a fan of the series since the very beginning.

Professor Layton and the Lost Future is by far the best of the first trilogy.

ok cool I just wanted to check if that was in the context of someone who has played the whole series which is was...so can't wait till I have the money and pick it up because like you am a massive fan. You seen the film?

I've ordered the film, but... it hasn't shown up yet. That's what I get for living in the country with the worst postal service ever, I guess... :I

Sounds bad, but I have to import everything from the UK in order to get the BRITISH ENGLISH SPEAKING LAYTON.

After Curious Village, Nintendo of The Netherlands thought it was a good idea to translate all the dialogue and texts into dutch:nono:

So when I run to the store on the day of release, I see 'Professor Layton en de Verloren Toekomst'

May a ten generation curse be bestowed upon their families and their genetalia!

(TheGameCollection.net have dispatched my copy, Thanks again Mike!)

Sounds bad, but I have to import everything from the UK in order to get the BRITISH ENGLISH SPEAKING LAYTON.

After Curious Village, Nintendo of The Netherlands thought it was a good idea to translate all the dialogue and texts into dutch:nono:

So when I run to the store on the day of release, I see 'Professor Layton en de Verloren Toekomst'

May a ten generation curse be bestowed upon their families and their genetalia!

(TheGameCollection.net have dispatched my copy, Thanks again Mike!)

so your not dutch yet live there then?

I'm so glad I don't have to put up with such postal nonsense.

So the ending doesn't blow like the first two?

Haha, I'd like to know as well.

I didn't think the previous endings were bad, but I don't expect Level-5 to pull off the 'it's-real-but-in-the-end-it-is-not-real' stunt once again:laughing:

Nah, TIME TRAVELLING FOR THE WIN!

The ending is... well, it's amazing. Everything makes sense, nothing is overlooked, and the whole thing is just unbelievable (in a good way, obviously). It's a great ending, not only for the game but for the series as well. *nods*

Also, finally got the movie just now. I'll probably watch it later today. 8D

Edited by FireMeowth

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!