Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Ross and Brand suspended...

Molly

who else could do an evening chat show with the BIG celebraties other than Ross?

Ross isn't too good a chat show host, IMO. I can't really find any interesting qualities about him and the only real reason to watch his show is for the people on it (sometimes).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does raise an issue, did Sachs recognise the voice when he heard the messages? As it was left on his answer phone. Over a cheap phone line I might still be able to distinguish Ross from some other chap with a short tongue, but not Brand.

Yes he did, they introduced themselves, as you would know if you listened to the show instead of blindly complaining about it like everyone else.

Yes he did, they introduced themselves, as you would know if you listened to the show instead of blindly complaining about it like everyone else.

I'll get a few facts from ye coz' I be curious, how many messages did they leave?

However, if I phoned your mother up, introduced myself, then threatened to kill her it would be ok. Or do I have to be a famous person to get away with it?

I listened to the calls to see what all the fuss was about, and as prank calls go, they were pretty rubbish - lot's of insulting and trying to be funny and little actual humour. Suspension seems fairly reasonable - I mean, if I think it'd be considered unacceptable if celebrities and radio weren't involved, and thankfully there don't seem to be any double standards. Anyway, Russell Brand really irritates me, but I don't really mind Johnathan Ross.

I'd imagine if it were actually funny, less people would be bothered about this. Odd that - it shouldn't really change anything.

After reading all that, Ross has apologized and Brand seems to not have done such a thing. Suspension is reasonable enough.

The whole stunt could of been prevented of going on-air if the producers had just listened to it before hand and edited it if it was in-appropriate. But with the warnings played before the show was played, i see no other harsher punishment other than suspension.

At least the radio waves may be safe.

However you can easily see he's being used as a scapegoat, behind the "I was caught up in the moment, now I want to stop" sea of bullshit, you can see the strings being pulled by the BBC exec's who are putting him on "indefinite leave"

At least the radio waves may be safe.

However you can easily see he's being used as a scapegoat, behind the "I was caught up in the moment, now I want to stop" sea of bullshit, you can see the strings being pulled by the BBC exec's who are putting him on "indefinite leave"

Did you read this?

Message one: As Brand begins to leave a message, Ross blurts out: "He fucked your granddaughter... I'm sorry I apologise. Andrew, I apologise, I got excited, what can I say - it just came out.

The fact is this the biggest news story in the UK right now and that this has been spoken about in the house of commons just shows how petty and ridiculous this country is.

Yup! Forget the rest of important things that happening in the world and lets talk about this news in the house of commons.

The show only received afew complaints until the daily mail ran the story

So Russell Brand has now quit. Damn.

You know what I listened to the show via youtube and found it hilarious. Shame the media blew it up so much to lead to Brand now quitting the BBC. Done wonders for publicity for his channel 4 show though. *channel 4 rubs hands together*

Russel Brand apologised, I just saw it on the news. He said he hadn't done officially until now, so as not to jsut be apoligising for the scandal, rather than the deed itself.

Yeah apologised and quit.

I'm backing Brand all the way.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!