Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Gt's top ten games of the last 10 years 3 of which are on the wii( 2 are ports though)

but Besides half life 2 I guess there are no ps3 and 360 games.

Before I even start *vomit* at number 1

As much as I also hate number 1 being well...number 1, I have many friends who are still obsessed with that game, even people I know who never played games before play it.

Mostly glad with that whole list.

Zelda: TP shouldn't be in that list, WW or MM should have instead rant

Happy about the whole list really besides 1.

I think it was a fair list. Many good games on it. Im glad it has 3 Wii titles in there and Shadow of the Colossus getting the hype it deserves.

The pics are pretty cool to! Its like having a sneak peak in Nintendo offices. I like the never released New Super Mario Bros. Wii cover. The one without colors. Very nice work. And yes the airships are incredible. Last but not least guys: boat train!

Lakitu was almost a playable character with his own bike! That would have been cool!!

Are those Bowser airships in the world map for NSMB Wii?... because the aerial views appear to have paths and 'level stops' on them... just wondering if it was perhaps leaked artwork for a new Mario Party otherwise?

Overall a good Top-10 from GT... it would be difficult to please everyone.

Personally I'd have swapped Twilight Princess for Shenmue!

As much as I also hate number 1 being well...number 1, I have many friends who are still obsessed with that game, even people I know who never played games before play it.

Mostly glad with that whole list.

Zelda: TP shouldn't be in that list, WW or MM should have instead rant

Happy about the whole list really besides 1.

yes but.... I just can't stand wow. Not to stereotype anyone here but it takes the image of gamers weeeeeel back.

its an ok list but I'll just point out what I found wrong with it.

1:

I'm guessing GT ignored ps1 and n64 games on the list and concentrated solely on last gen console games.. bar super mario galaxy OH well. Majora's mask REALLY should be been mentioned

but I suppose the start of the vid they practically warned us that Hype gives a game an instant spot which brings me to...

2:

halo!!!......It's a good fps but at the time I thought timesplitters 2 was the better game, at least for multiplayer anyway. It's amazing that HALO, A series that prides itself on epic multiplayer action when it's first game had a mediocre splitscreen feast with only a few maps.

Halo 1 was also too easy. Even Halo1's legendary mode is laughably easy and the ability to recharge health? Fine i'll deal with it but I never liked it at the time.

Did Halo revolutionise gameplay in any way? NO!? but did halo start a trend? YES! to this day we are still stuck with stupid space marines. Even metroid prime 3 is guilty of trying to mimick it.

And for gods sake am I the only person who prefers halo 2? It brought the challenge back up a notch for legendary at least. Had WAYYY better multiplayer also. All i ever hear is something about a shit story in one player.. story lol

3:

halo over metroid prime? Ha I was always going to complain about this. I know they probably didn't mean it as if to say HALO IS BETTER THAN METROID PRIMEkind of way.

But at least metroid prime 1 know what it bloody was. A lengthy single player adventure. Something you barely see anymore. Halo's single player kept getting shorter until 3's 5 hour adventure.

4:

Vice city is better than III. Vice city is the best gta while I'm at it but I suppose if GT are still going for their "games that influences the industry" thing then I suppose gtaIII started it all.

rant done for a while :) It's been a fun 10 years though heres hoping the gaming industry stays fresh and doesn't go all "music industry" on us and become shit.

Edited by mcj metroid

Oh man. It was a very good read. I love my Wii. Who do you guys love your little white friend?

I loved it yesterday when I missed a programme (my VCR finally broke) and watched it on iPlayer. It's amazing to think I can just turn on my games console and watch a programme I missed.