NEurope

The only bad thing I can remember about it is the sword fighting being a bit tedious and unresponsive.
*cough* unskipable cut scenes of doom. *cough* :heh:

I liked Red Steel quite a lot first time round too. Booted it up again the other day, and loads of aspects still stand out. Great lighting, particle effects, destructable environments, decent AI. Not to mention the gunplay is still second to none on Wii. While The Conduit will probably be a better game, there still seems something superior about Red Steel's gun-style. The weapons were REALLY meaty, and it sounds like an Ubisoft soundbite, but you really did feel like you were in Black Rain or something. I prefer that style of FPS to the one-man-army vs hordes of faceless enemies stuff.

I enjoyed red steel, even it's flaws. It was a great launch title & one i have kept hold of to play through again if i ever clear my backlog of games. The funhouse was classic.

RS2 should be well along in developement now.

I think if they do decide to do a sequel on the Wii, there'll be a lot of people doing that.

*cough* unskipable cut scenes of doom. *cough* :heh:

ahha super mario galaxy had this too was very annoying.

ahha super mario galaxy had this too was very annoying.

Eh? The cutscenes never went on for more than a few seconds in most cases, I fail to see how you find this irritating.

This isnt really a Wii question at all, but I know a lot of you buy from Play.com so I thought I'd ask here rather then make a thread or somthing.

I brought Zack and Wiki off play.com five days ago (its now just £14.99) and its still saying my order is being processed. I've checked my bank account, they have not attempted to take payment yet, I've not had an email from them to say its out of stock or payment hasnt gone through or anything like that. does it normally take this long to buy games from them?

Not normally for me. I order it, depending on the time gets sent that day or the next. Probably e-mail to see what's going on.

It took over a week for me to receive Bioshock but that was during the xmas period.

Play can takes ages though.

It would be quicker just to phone them up, their staff are very helpful and friendly. Something must be up with the order as my stuff usually gets shipped within 2 days.

Processing has usually been quite fast for me but delivery is usually 3 - 4 days (are they in Jersey? )

Decided to treat myself to 2 new (well pre-owned as they were cheaper :heh:) Wii games earlier today: Wario Land and Dragon Blade. Had a go on both of them and have to say both are good. Only had a short play on Wario Land as I knew what I was in for but it really is beautiful. Very detailed and plays well. The waggle stuff doesn't get in the way and has added quite a bit to the normal formula for Wario titles, which is a good thing as it was getting a little stale.

I had a longer run on Dragon Blade, purely because I didn't know what it was going to be like and only know that it had gotten decent reviews. Have to say though, it's very good. Looks decent for a budget adventure title. I use the term adventure loosely as it's set up in stages, which are relatively short from what I've played so far. Controls work well, basically like those in Zelda although the look on to enemies doesn't work as well. You've basically got freedom of where you attack in the fighting even when looked on so if there are multiple enemies attacking you can jump from one to the other without having to worry about your lock on target. The only problem so far is the camera controls which aren't great but they are very workable. Basically, all you have to control the camera is the C button. Anyways, it's been good so far. Character models look great and parts of the environments look good as well although some bits look pretty average. The lighting has been good so far as well. Only just got one of the dragon attacks so haven't tried it out properly yet but it looks great when using it.

I would recommend Dragon Blade for anyone looking for a quick hack/slash/adventure that can be played in short stints and it's £7.99 in Gamestation pre-owned. If you're willing to take a few rough edges, etc then it's well worth a look. My next purchase will be to pick up Eledees again as I didn't give it much of a chance when I had it the first time and then I think I'll pick up Guilty Gear because I've always like those games and want a more hardcore button mashing fighter to play just now before I get another copy of Smash Bros Brawl.

I bought Dragon blade soon after it came out. It was a great game but it seemed to go out of its way to look more linear. And although I didn't get that far when I played it, I'm going to have to get back to it at some point. The gameplay is great for someone who wants a more challenging experience on the Wii.

Yeh, I have to admit I find it strange they put it together as more of a linear game, in stages. They could easily have made it ala Zelda and given us a big world to explore but then it was/is sort of a budget title. Still, it's good so far. Will perhaps get a bit more playtime put in later.

I'm planning on installing homebrew today. Are what are the most recommended (legal) apps for it?

Probably playing Homebrew games mostly. Since I'm in an NTSC region, importing isn't really that big a deal, but I might import disaster. And I might be doing some DVD playback (but I already have apps downloaded for the last 2).

What are the CONS for installing homebrew. All I want to do is be able to play Taiko Drum Master and possibly Capcom Vs

What are the CONS for installing homebrew. All I want to do is be able to play Taiko Drum Master and possibly Capcom Vs

The cons are spending time downloading it, putting it on an SD card and having to install the HomeBrew Channel.

Pretty much it :heh: