NEurope

That's happened to me with Gamestation before! I swear they don't check if their games work when they get them. I was especially livid when I brought a second hand game and it didnt even have an instruction manual!

I used to love shopping in there as a kid, but I really am not a fan of them anymore. In fact, when I popped in there to pick up this game, they were playing awful, awful trashy metal music over the stereo system. Coupled with the fact that the lighting in most Gamestations is piss poor, it is like walking into a 15 year old's cesspit.

When I actually looked at the disc yesterday, I couldn't begin to guess how the person before me had handled their games. That disc had taken a bit of a battering...I'm more angry the more I think about it.

The Gamestation's here are pretty disgusting.

In other news...Gamers can finally play Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on Wii!

With the N64 emulator only available via the Homebrew channel.

46 seconds in...

Gamestation are poo

Geometry Wars is £5.00 brand new in ToysRus. Not worth going second hand at that price.

Then, I noticed that Gamestation had put some crazy cover over the manual. Like a plastic wallet type thing. Looked in there, and there was the manual et mon disc. So, I thought phewww. And put the disc into the drive.

l_a142493626a94004b07dfada59084b40.jpg

l_6f5600198f884b7ca97b7ee7af081cf9.jpg

A similar thing happened with me when I order a 'new' copy of Resident Evil 5 off Gameplay in the sales. Gave them a call and they said it was an 'instore return' than had not been repackaged properly, and on further inspection there was not a single scratch on the disk and the 48 hour Gold trial and manual were in perfect condition (I daren't smell them for the 'new game' fragance though :heh:) but I complained about the packaging, stating "What if this was meant to be a gift, eh?" so they issued me a full refund, and I got to keep a brilliant game : peace:

Excuse my stupidity, but what's the racing game at 2:00?

San Francisco Rush - the Rush series was one of the best racers of its time. :love:

So I decided to drive down to the Metro Centre today and trade in a few of my 360 games so I didn't have to splash out for Silent Hill and Sky Crawlers. I went to GAME and traded all of my stuff in and then ask for the games I wanted. What a surprise neither of them was in stock. I asked the guy behind the counter about them and he looked as if he hadn't even heard of them and then claimed that the games must have been put back. I quickly shot this down saying that they are available online and he didn't have an answer.

How the hell did this happen? I mean the Wii is the best selling consoles by a country mile this gen yet you can't walk into a GAME store and pick up a new release game on day one unless it has PARTY or DANCE in the title.

Im now having to order the games off amazon and i'm left with a bunch of store credit at GAME.:mad:

In other news...Gamers can finally play Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on Wii!

With the N64 emulator only available via the Homebrew channel.

46 seconds in...

Still not running to well, tried Goldeneye and PD last night and they ran, but the framerate was really choppy and they suffered from slowdown, still a massive improvement though!

Tried a couple of racers: Crusin' Exotica, Beetle Adventure Racing and TGR2 and they were all unplayable...

So I decided to drive down to the Metro Centre today and trade in a few of my 360 games so I didn't have to splash out for Silent Hill and Sky Crawlers. I went to GAME and traded all of my stuff in and then ask for the games I wanted. What a surprise neither of them was in stock. I asked the guy behind the counter about them and he looked as if he hadn't even heard of them and then claimed that the games must have been put back. I quickly shot this down saying that they are available online and he didn't have an answer.

How the hell did this happen? I mean the Wii is the best selling consoles by a country mile this gen yet you can't walk into a GAME store and pick up a new release game on day one unless it has PARTY or DANCE in the title.

Im now having to order the games off amazon and i'm left with a bunch of store credit at GAME.:mad:

Amazing isn't it?

Totally weird how retaillers are pigeon holing the system... and no one seems to be noticing.

No wonder hardcore games don't sell if no one stocks them.

ps... HIT ME UP ON 360...GAMERTAG = ninja moomin

Geometry Wars is £5.00 brand new in ToysRus. Not worth going second hand at that price.

Do they deliver? The nearest one is in Cardiff and it's not worth the train fare going there to pick up a game. I've bought it now, anyway.

l_a142493626a94004b07dfada59084b40.jpg

l_6f5600198f884b7ca97b7ee7af081cf9.jpg

A similar thing happened with me when I order a 'new' copy of Resident Evil 5 off Gameplay in the sales. Gave them a call and they said it was an 'instore return' than had not been repackaged properly, and on further inspection there was not a single scratch on the disk and the 48 hour Gold trial and manual were in perfect condition (I daren't smell them for the 'new game' fragance though :heh:) but I complained about the packaging, stating "What if this was meant to be a gift, eh?" so they issued me a full refund, and I got to keep a brilliant game : peace:

Yeah, that's the stuff. Well done on getting your refund!

So, I went back there today, explained the issue and the guy was really helpful and understanding. The disc has been swapped for another one, and he also put it through the disc cleaner (as well as the old one). I've been home and checked it, and it worked first time like a charm. Not a problem.

It really is an addictive game. I love it.

Do they deliver? The nearest one is in Cardiff and it's not worth the train fare going there to pick up a game. I've bought it now, anyway.

I think they're online store charge for delivery, but they would deliver (probably cost more than the train fare too).

Really interesting, I agree with what he was saying. Especially regarding the million seller games, with only 22 out of 76 being Nintendo titles.

I can see where the guy is coming from but at the same time you just have to look at what games are in this million seller list and it makes for quite a depressing read.

When games like Game Party 1+2, Carnival Games, Deca Sports, My Fitness Coach, Just Dance, Big Beach Sports, Hannah Montana, Ben 10, and Carnival Games: Mini Golf can outsell quality titles such as DeBlob, House of the Dead: Overkill, Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, Eledees, Okami and Nintendo games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wario Land, Excite Truck and Battalion Wars of course 3rd parties are going to have the attitude that they have.

Alot of the time they don't help themselves, the recent Silent Hill release date/stock issue is a fine example of that. :mad: I can't see it changing to be honest as most 3rd party developers seem to be more interested in developing for the HD twins.

I can see where the guy is coming from but at the same time you just have to look at what games are in this million seller list and it makes for quite a depressing read.

When games like Game Party 1+2, Carnival Games, Deca Sports, My Fitness Coach, Just Dance, Big Beach Sports, Hannah Montana, Ben 10, and Carnival Games: Mini Golf can outsell quality titles such as DeBlob, House of the Dead: Overkill, Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, Eledees, Okami and Nintendo games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wario Land, Excite Truck and Battalion Wars of course 3rd parties are going to have the attitude that they have.

Alot of the time they don't help themselves, the recent Silent Hill release date/stock issue is a fine example of that. :mad: I can't see it changing to be honest as most 3rd party developers seem to be more interested in developing for the HD twins.

It's a lot more complex than that. The first set of games you listed are for a much, much younger audience than the likes of House of the Dead: Overkill and No More Heroes, or even Umbrella Chronicles. They're shallower experiences, bought by parents to entertain their kids for a few hours. Most likely, the parents walked past the game on the shelf, thought it would be good for their son/daughter, and picked it up.

The other ones are different. A parent isn't going to pick up Overkill for their child...because they'd have to be quite thoughtless to do that! They're aiming for a different audience with those games. The experiences are much, much deeper than Carnival games, Ben 10, et al. So, why aren't those games selling? Well, there's a few reasons for those. Mainly there's a lack of exposure through advertising to get these games noticed to the masses. If the games aren't stocked in the shops and put on display, how can they sell? And, finally, because many gamers do not deem these games worth spending money on. That's a big reason. "It's on the Wii, so I'll pick it up when it's cheaper." Everyone is guilty of this. I wonder how many of those games you mentioned have sold since they were dropped in price, or picked up second hand, or bought through special deals?

Former DICE CEO: 'The Wii Is A Virus'

Despite the Nintendo Wii dominating sales charts and setting records left, right and centre, it's still never really won over the games industry. Comments from Sega and Capcom have only helped to fuel the negativity surrounding the console, and it's apparently a feeling that's echoed among other developments too.

We recently had the opportunity to catch up with Fredrik Liliegrin, the former CEO and co-founder of DICE, who is currently running a new company called Antic Entertainment. Amongst other things, some of which can be seen in part one of the inteview, we were able to ask him about his opinions on the Wii.

Gaming Union: Are you surprised with the negativity surrounding the Wii from various groups, even after all this time and its success? Would you develop a Wii game if you were a traditional developer?

Fredrik Liliegrin: If I got paid to develop a Wii game I would do it. I would not put an original IP on the Wii today unless I thought I had an absolute home run.

Gaming Union: Why not?

Fredrik Liliegrin: Because the Wii, to me, I would describe it as a Virus, that doesn't stick. Everyone comes home, it's a toy, people have got to realize the Wii is a toy, not an entertainment focused product. People come home, someone, they play Wii for a bit, feel it's really cool, blah blah blah, they go out and buy one. Ask people how often they play the Wii, that are not the core game consumer that buys one because they have an Xbox 360 and a Wii or a PlayStation 3 and a Wii. The people that only own the Wii, ask that consumer how often they use their machine. They just don't use it, it was cool, but they're not gamers, so they put it away. Other than the Wii Fit phenomenon that helped a lot of people get a nice cutie voice telling that they're fat and need to go work out, they need to find other alternatives. Nintendo is smart in that way in that they realize this is not a video game machine, this is not a games game machine.

According to him people forget they have the console and buy another after putting it away. :rolleyes:

He's absolutely right. In fact, this evening, playing ExciteTruck for two hours. Totally didn't happen.

And yesterday: Playing Geometry Wars for a few hours. That didn't happen either.

And all these suckers playing the new Silent Hill whilst I wait for mine to be delivered. They didn't play theirs either. We're living in a dreamworld, like the Matrix. Whilst this guy is living in the real world, also taken from the film The Matrix, but actually outside of the Matrix, and into the real world which is nowhere near as vibrant as the Matrix. In fact, we better plug this sucker back in.

Than what the hell have I been playing?!

morpheus.jpg

You've been living in a dreamworld, Neo.

Than what the hell have I been playing?!

As with most things, there are exceptions to the general rule.

Edited by Emerald Emblem