N-Europe

Lost Series 5

Dante

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^What he said. Don't imagine jack to come crawling out of the wreckage screaming "Kaaaaate!" or anything.

As for your questions; i can't remember the Locke bit, and I guess the bomb/incident questions is the entire cliff hanger, isn't it? :P

The flashforwards did become less important, but rightfully so as we're supposed to be focusing on the island. The show did well to wrap up the future stuff fairly quickly, I think.

^What he said. Don't imagine jack to come crawling out of the wreckage screaming "Kaaaaate!" or anything.

As for your questions; i can't remember the Locke bit, and I guess the bomb/incident questions is the entire cliff hanger, isn't it? :P

The flashforwards did become less important, but rightfully so as we're supposed to be focusing on the island. The show did well to wrap up the future stuff fairly quickly, I think.

There is also the murdering of Jacob by his nemesis in the form of Locke. This clearly has some impact on whats happening...

There is also the murdering of Jacob by his nemesis in the form of Locke. This clearly has some impact on whats happening...

Ben killed Jacob.

Read Lostpedia - The Incident P1 & P2 to remember what happened.

I never noticed this: :o

The things the police officer gives back to Hurley when he gets released from the prison (money, a pen and a candy) are the same ones Jacob gives to Kate, Sawyer and Jack.

Ben killed Jacob.

Read Lostpedia - The Incident P1 & P2 to remember what happened.

I never noticed this: :o

I know what happened I only watched it yesterday! There are implications and plot stuff still to be filled in...To quote Lostpedia;

Jacob's nemesis is a man who appears to be antagonistic to Jacob. His name, identity, motives, and origin are unknown. He spent more than a century trying to find a loophole that would allow him to kill Jacob. In 2007, he seems to have succeeded in doing so by assuming the form of the deceased John Locke. Using the appearance of Locke, he convinced Benjamin Linus to kill Jacob inside the base of the Statue of Tawaret.

I'm pretty sure they won't just leave this stuff hanging...its not as simple as Ben killed Jacob

I've been rewatching from the beginning and I had a crazy thought

Aaron is Jacob

Crazy no?

Lost's Final Season Breakup

For those of you who were hoping for a fairly seamless run through for Lost's final season (similar to the way Season 5 ran with almost no breaks), you're out of luck. According to Abramsology.com, Lost's 6th season is going to be broken up.

According to executive producer Cartlon Cuse, ABC will air the first few episodes in January and then take a time out for the Winter Olympics. The Olympics aren't even airing on ABC, but Lost will still take a break and resume the season in early March.

The official January kick off date is 20th.

:sad:

That's still a bit retarded

I hate it when sports things destroy runs of tv shows. That's why I got sick of watching tv on BBC...they've pushed Doctor Who episodes late because of them, they disregarded Merlin two weeks ago for it and that's just now

That's still a bit retarded

I hate it when sports things destroy runs of tv shows. That's why I got sick of watching tv on BBC...they've pushed Doctor Who episodes late because of them, they disregarded Merlin two weeks ago for it and that's just now

Tbf though they got rid of Merlin that time for a live sporting event which is more than fair enough considering they paid much more for F1 rights than Merlin.

Just got the last series of the lost on DVD, gonna watch it over the course of the week to make sure I'm up to scratch.

Tbf though they got rid of Merlin that time for a live sporting event which is more than fair enough considering they paid much more for F1 rights than Merlin.

Just got the last series of the lost on DVD, gonna watch it over the course of the week to make sure I'm up to scratch.

Regardless. Sports stuff should be on Sports channels.

Yeah. And the news should only be on news channels, movies should only be on movie channels, and comedy should only be on comedy channels. Then those people who only have analog or freeview can watch all the Strictly Come Dancing they want!

Yeah. And the news should only be on news channels, movies should only be on movie channels, and comedy should only be on comedy channels. Then those people who only have analog or freeview can watch all the Strictly Come Dancing they want!

Sounds like a plan

The BBC doesn't show enough sport, they let the country down.

As for Lost, half way through watching the season 5 dvd. Stuff is starting to make sense, but then not making sense. I don't like time travel, because I dislike the paradox thoughts it creates.

For example, all those who are in the 70s.. they aren't meant to be there. Fine ok, I'll live with that. Wouldn't their lives be a continuos loop of being born, life, island, off the island, 70s, death... I dunno I'm confusing myself now.

Edited by Ramar

Ramar - the idea is that they were always meant to have been in the 70s. There's more discussion of this later in the season. The creators wanted to try as much as they could to make the time travel paradox-free, and having seen season 5, I believe that for the most part, they achieved it. Whether or not this continues into season 6, we'll have to see.

well it's hardly a continuous loop when your life has a start and an end...

And who says they aren't meant to be there? You seen the group photo yet?

I just saw that ep with the photo.

God knows why I typed they aren't meant to be there, can't figure out why I typed that now.

Anyway, picture to help my point, remember I've only seen half of season 5, so what I'm thinking might not be the case. But should they live out the rest of their lives in the 70s, surely their lives would be like this.

loop.png

I'm terrible with time travel paradoxes, I once argued that Jon Connor couldn't send back his dad because he wouldn't exist in the first place to send back his dad.

Terribly confusing. Either way the season has been an interesting watch

My point is that the line you've drawn between 'death' and 'life' doesn't actually happen to them in any sense-making way, and it's not really the same sort of paradox as the one you speak of, and I don't think it's all that confusing. As a straight line from life to death, it all seems to flow perfectly fine!

My point is that the line you've drawn between 'death' and 'life' doesn't actually happen to them in any sense-making way, and it's not really the same sort of paradox as the one you speak of, and I don't think it's all that confusing. As a straight line from life to death, it all seems to flow perfectly fine!

I think the way I'm thinking is that they're back in time, so what had previously happened will happen again. I dunno, I said in my first post I don't like time travel because it confuses me. :grin: