NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
E3wannabe

Phantasy Star Online Good or Bad?

I have been considering getting this game for a while but i'm really not sure what to make of it. I've played Baten Kaitos and i really didn't get on with it that well, and i'm not sure wether this will be better or worse. Is it worth getting it even if you don't go online with it and how long is the game?

You're about two and a half years too late. There's only about six people still playing the game worldwide. Offline, it's a chore unless you can find three other people to play multiplayer.

Yeah Jacks right. You really aren't going to get the most out of it unless you play it online.

There are free servers though, but there's no thriving community there really.

Good to see ya Jack! :wink:

I dissagre, on the Xbox Version plenty people still play including me, and i think offline (with some friends 2) the game is amazing the feeeling fo when you find your 1st rare/red item is great...

I have to agree that getting PSO now probably isnt such a good idea - Online is pretty much dead and offline isnt much fun, even in multiplayer mode.

However someone has set up a private server which apperently quite a few people have gone online with.

The game that made me buy gamecube, even if I already had it for Dreamcast. (but I wanted split screen 4 player)

It's quite good offline if you can find a few mates who are regularly gonna be around and are willing to play it with you. Playing solo though can get real boring especially when there's no incentive to level up and take your character online. Nobody goes online anymore, at least on the cube.

PSO was fucking amazing online when it first came out on the cube. I used to play with some people on CE(RE) in the past. I was level 140... then my memory card corrupted.

Kingofunreal the HUmar was gone forever.

I got this the other day since my mates had it years. I thought it was worth it cos I have mates to play with :)

I played it for ages, hence my screen name, never got to a high level though, but it was great. Its a shame, I use to use the 56K Modem, now I have Broadband, so I can't go online with it anymore.

I wouldn't get it if I was the topic creator, its not what it was anymore, and offline got boring fast.

I corrupted as well thanks to that stupid double save thing when you entered a game. I was at level 147. However I did come back and got to level 200 in March last year.

Maybe I know some of you guys … I used a Orange Racast called EGO-BOT.

Main reason i havn't got it before was because i hadn't heard good things about till recently and i never have much money just thought it may be one of those games worth picking up. Thanks to everyone whos posted by the way.

E3wannabe if you do want to try out Phantasy star still you could get PSO Blue burst for the PC. Its the same game as the gamecube version only with 4 new stages added to the original 8. It was only released this year so I'd guess that the servers will still have quite a few people on them.

If I remember right you can download the game by paying for it online. Theres a 14 day free trial too.

Heres the link:

http://www.psoblueburst.com/en/index.html

PSO was fucking amazing online when it first came out on the cube. I used to play with some people on CE(RE) in the past. I was level 140... then my memory card corrupted.

Kingofunreal the HUmar was gone forever.

Agreed, it was amaing offline. I've corrupted several times at high levels, but I always came back to PSO. Also, the offline mode is good.

Oh well, if you want PSO, get Blue Burst, it's got a new Episode (4) and the old ones. Awesome beans.

I played the Dreamcast game so much, got to level 80 (badass HUmar) I think, we found a hack to play with the PC version players as Dreamcast gamers were getting less and less. :(

...and then I got a phone bill for £1000 so playing it anymore was out :( I doubt that was just because of my PSO addiction surely. :wink:

Thank god for Broadband eh?

I saved PSO of a seperate memory card because of the corruption thing. I wouldn't be able to bare losing all my data for F-Zero or Smash Bros. etc

Online it wasn't a waste of money and never will be. My main character got corrupted at around 170 :(. Man I used to know so much about that game.

There are still more people online for GameCube then XBOX that's for sure, but, compared to release that's like nothing. hehe

So yeah, if you want a console version GameCube is the place to go, but yeah I'm guessing Blue Burst has more people..... I'm waiting for Universe personally. ^^;

Oh and if you don't mind playing with Japanese players then yeah there are probably still hundreds of people online for you to with with at a time. lol

Stopped playing this game after it pissed me off by wiping my character for the 4th time.

Sign in to follow this