NEurope
Slaggis

X-Factor 2008

JLS RUINED Hallelujah, however, at least Alexandra gave it some power.

YAY at her winning, reassures me that the voting public still has some sense. She's a like a Leona Lewis that has a noticeable personality.

Same Difference could have easily won it this year.

:indeed: yea because alex is crap compared to same difference ;)

alex is worthy winner glad eoughan didnt thank god

Strangely enough, I found myself watching the finalé! A mate came over who is obsessed with x-factor.

I thought that after she performed with beyoncé, Alexandra looked as if she'd taken several valium hits... Her rendition of Hallelujah at the end was rather cool too, because clearly she was investing a lot of emotion into it.

That Owen (or however his stupid name is spelt) was unfortunate to be blasted into so much fame so quickly; the rest of his life is going to be downhill from here!

Oh, and the bit near the end where alexandra, danni and wosserfacefromGirlsAloud were hugging... phwoar! Sideboob and arse all over teh place. Worth watching the entire show just for that.

Yeah Cheryl was giving me hard boners last night. Supremely porkable babe.

I got extremely pissed off with Alexs undying need to cry. How can a performer be a performer if they can't even get through a single song without balling her eyes out.

Yeah Cheryl was giving me hard boners last night. Supremely porkable babe.

I got extremely pissed off with Alexs undying need to cry. How can a performer be a performer if they can't even get through a single song without balling her eyes out.

ReZ, actually consider the situation she was in. It's not like a single song on a random date of her 15th world tour.

She'd just had a tonne of her personal dreams fulfilled in one night, the main one actually being life-changing.

It was actually the first finale where I felt the emotion was actually REALLY genuine, it's what she wanted, and it was obvious. I prefer her to no-personality Leona Lewis.

HURRAY! SHE WON!

She was up against Oghun and JLS so she would have won it no problem. JLS are just like any other boring boyband out there and Oghun can only sing wobbly and terribly. Reminding me, did anyone see Oghun's crowd reaction when they all went home? A 30 year old woman was crying her eyes out and screaming 'We love you'...that's close to paedophilia, lol. Grow up, love, you'll forget him in 2 months time.

But yeah, Cheryl, Dannii and Alex were HOT last night!

ReZ, actually consider the situation she was in. It's not like a single song on a random date of her 15th world tour.

She'd just had a tonne of her personal dreams fulfilled in one night, the main one actually being life-changing.

Bull shit. I'm sorry she was crying all freaking evening long. I do understand the situation, but really....; "Get over yourself, love."

Bull shit. I'm sorry she was crying all freaking evening long. I do understand the situation, but really....; "Get over yourself, love."

Yeah, but...it obviously wasn't fake, nor was it pathetic, so it's hardly annoying. Let her be. Not every female singer is fucking Mariah Carey or whatever, actually bored of success.

:indeed:

I still think it was sickening. Like...grab a hold of yourself.

I can COMPLETELY understand her shedding some tears or whatever, but she was practically hysterical throughout the entire evening.

Then "This is for you"...What? Shut up. Idiot.

It was actually the first finale where I felt the emotion was actually REALLY genuine, it's what she wanted, and it was obvious. I prefer her to no-personality Leona Lewis.

The only reason it's worth watching these shows is to watch people's dreams get crushed, not fulfilled. It can be a right thigh-slapper.

Having said that, I'm happy to announce that I didn't watch this.

I think the right person won but Im pissed at that Burke (lolz) Cowell selecting that song, now it will forever be remembered as a christmas no 1 for X-Factor :(

I think the right person won but Im pissed at that Burke (lolz) Cowell selecting that song, now it will forever be remembered as a christmas no 1 for X-Factor :(

Or will it be number 1...I hope Geraldine McQueen gets to Number 1, haha.

Plus, before X Factor, the song was known as the Shrek song, lol. I personally like Alex singing it, if it was Oghun or JLS then I'd hate them for ruining a great song.

It's been 'that scrubs song', 'that OC song', 'that shrek song' and now 'that x-factor song'. Hell, it's been on a lot of other TV..

The song has frequently been used in television shows and movies during scenes involving death or heartbreak. It has been featured in movies as diverse as Basquiat, The Edukators (Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei), Shrek (covered by John Cale in the movie and by Rufus Wainwright on the soundtrack), St. Ralph, Deliver Us from Evil, Kissed by Winter, Feast of Love, Barfuss, Lord of War, When Night is Falling and TV series such as Holby City, House, Falcon Beach, The L Word, The O.C. (twice by Jeff Buckley, once by Imogen Heap), Hollyoaks, The West Wing, Without a Trace, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, ER, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Crossing Jordan, Drama and Nicole, Rescue Me, LAX, Roswell, Ugly Betty, Numb3rs, Scrubs, Mum, Heroin and Me, Friends, Nearly Famous and One Tree Hill.
Source, duh-duh..

Also from Wiki I found this facebook group trying to get Buckley's version to number 1. They've got about 25,000 members so far. I hear tehre's over 50,000 people who say they'll get the nation Rickrolled instead.

The x-factor single tends to sell into the hundreds of thousands... It's all about the xmas #2 these days ;)

Also from Wiki I found this facebook group trying to get Buckley's version to number 1. They've got about 25,000 members so far. I hear tehre's over 50,000 people who say they'll get the nation Rickrolled instead.

The x-factor single tends to sell into the hundreds of thousands... It's all about the xmas #2 these days ;)

Just seen that myself. Downloading the Buckley version now!

We won the MTV Awards, now it's round 2. COME ON INTERNET! : peace:

TBH i think this is new thread worthy, got to help the cause. ANYTHING to stop Cowell from scoring another Xmas #1

All this campaigning is utterly retarded. There is no way in hell anyone but Alexandra Burke will be number one, so it's utterly and completely pointless.

All this campaigning is utterly retarded. There is no way in hell anyone but Alexandra Burke will be number one, so it's utterly and completely pointless.

I love Buckley's version of the song and this reminded me that i don't have it. Result? I bought it, then the whole of Grace after.

If it gets in the top 5 i'll be happy :) If not then i've not lost anything, only gained an album that i wanted any way. It might even bring his music to people who haven't heard it before.

The slim possibility that the X Factor might not bag the number one slot for the first time in years is an added bonus ;)

Its not a good Christmas song either way. Was Leona number 1 again this week? Maybe she will beat Alex, that would be funny.

She deserved to win, but i still dont like her. Not my thing. Beyonce was amazing though. She's not my cup of tea either but, wow. She's good.

She made the awesome of Alexandra pale in comparison, and she didn't look at all strained while singing. ^^;

Just goes to show you, a reality TV program is the only place some of these people get seen.

In a semi drunken state I watched the final, I actually sat there hoping JLS won. Alex done my head in, singers with unnecessary whailing (that counts for the crocodile tears too), don't impress me.

Even though I find the competition quite crap, I thought JLS would offer most to pop music considering there's not too many young boy bands out at the minute. And every 8-12 year old needs the equivalent of Five in their life.

I resent all this Jay Ell Ess hate. I think they did the cover of Hallelujah pretty damn well, and it sounded pretty sweet to me. Miss Burke just...sang it, but I didn't really feel anything.

And, sure, she has won and achieved her dream, but you also need to retain some bit of dignity as well, I feel. Tears are fine, but the blubbering and the inhaling and exhaling took the piss. It seemed very over the top and put on, rather like I feel about her singing.

My Mum rang me to tell me she voted for JLS, and did it on my behalf, as I was out on the town at the time, haha. Bless her.