N-Europe

Let's Tap

Retro_Link

I always trust on GameTrailers, there's been no review of a game I played in which I disagreed.

Seems like Let's Tap is not as good as I thought

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, bought Let's Tap, just had a bash and had the urge to come on here and express my thoughts.

I think this is one of, if not the worst games I have ever played. It as an abomination of a game. It simply doesn't work. It can't detect taps and strong taps and double taps. Seriously, if you use the tapping method you could conceivably spend half an hour trying to play a game... Oh boy...

RUNNER - the game I thought would be awesome. Oh y lord it isn't. While trying to run my character just wouldn't stop jumping. I turned tot he sensitivity down to it's lowest setting, and although it was better, it was still inconsistent.

RHYTHM - easily the best one. In theory. Fact is, I was literally tapping to every beat exactly the same hardness and I was perfecting it...so the game that says lightly, medium or hard for tapping actually doesn't care what you do as long as you're in time.

BOOM BLOX - forget the name, but this is a ZX Spectrum version of boom blox; about as much physics impact as space

BUBBLE - Fuck me. Another mess. I wanted to eat my tap boxes. Absolute bollocks, can't even be bothered to talk about it anymore.

VISUALISER - bizarrely, I had the most fun with this one. Admittedly, for literally 10 seconds. Because it being accurate or whatever isn't important, smash the box and create effects. Fireworks one is the only one worth trying out though.

Seriously. This game is an absolute joke, and I'm gobsmacked it didn't get absolutely trounced when it was released.

Guess I'll trade it in tomorrow for what will probably be a loss...

Anyone here got the game? Am I missing something or do I possess elephant hands?

EDIT: Just read the last page...I MUST be doing something wrong, everyone seems to love it!!

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

I LOLed while reading your post, just had a vision of an angry man trying to get the tapping boxes working by gently tapping and then just having a fit and unleashing.

A few reviews said the game was quite sensitive and somewhat hit or miss. I have yet to pick it up but I still would like to give it a try as like you said the peeps on here give it decent amount of praise. Its pretty cheap now aswell isn't it? You didn't pay much for it, did you, dazzy?

This game will always be in my heart.

Perhaps an over statement but yes, I am another one who loves this game. I love the style and the music and yes, the controls. I'd suggest you don't give up on it just yet dazzybee! What kind of box did you have man? Make sure you have a hard surface and a decent box to play it on.

I got mine earlier the week and I think it's great! It takes a little while to get used to tapping, I kept jumping in Runners as well at first, but once you get used to it it's easy to control. HMV sent me the German version for some odd reason though. Oh and don't play it on your knees, it's impossible.

Edited by Ike

I used the tap box you get with it and rested it on my knees... It's all boxed up ready to be sold :) Does the game work better on a hard surface then?

Lol, you sure you're not Michael J. Fox?

I played with 3 friends and while its not the most precise thing ever, everybody managed to find a way for it to work.