Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

"New Play Control" Games!

Hero-of-Time

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150928

we don't always have to buy a magazine for every article..hence the internet..

9.0 is a score far too much for red steel.. I think the fact that they had an exclusive worldwide review got to their heads a little..

But that's irrelevant I think a lot of their scores and reasoning(like I mentioned above like you ignored) Is .. well weird..

anyway...

The new range of updates gamecube games is for the hardcore.. I Don't mind it at all because Let's face it at this stage most wii owners never owned a gamecube and most who had would rebuy these games at a cheap price.. but not pikmin.. wasn't my cup of tea I may get the second one when it comes though.

But going back to my original point, you've never read the magazine?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably the only person to think this but I see Pikmin 1 as the superior product out of the two titles. Yes, I liked the freedom the second one offered you by not constraining you to a time limit of 30 days but I just didn't like the whole dungeon thing. Really didn't improve the game at all and, in my eyes, detracted from the experience somewhat. I actually liked the 30 day thing from the first title as it felt more like the strategy title it set out to be as you had to work out precisely what you were doing each day to make sure you got as much or all you could.

I thought the second Pikmin game was the better one but I think the first game just felt more rewarding when you completed it. The time limit in the first game made you think about how to spend your time wisely, will you go for some ship parts or go gather some Pikmin? I know alot of people didnt care much for the time limit but I thought it pushed you to be a better and more organized player.

Exacrky, and that's why I love the first one more so than the second. EVen though I missed out on 1 piece in it, it felt more rewarding getting the 29 parts in 30 days because I know I spent it wisely to get everything. Only reason I didn't get the last thing was because all my 'min got killed.

Really? I must be too much of a sadist as I always found it funny when the drowned. Did sadden me when they got eaten/crushed by that thing at the last piece I needed. Need a whole load of yellows, threw them onto the thing up high, they got shaken off and crushed. :shakehead Many a good 'min has died under my control but for the greater good. I salute you little 'min. :bowdown: Don't have a salute emoticon so that'll have to do.

Why not Pikmin, out of interest. I admit the sequel improves the formula, but the original Pikmin is a true masterpiece, surely?

hmmm just didn't enjoy it.. probably bad timing.. but mainly the timelimit that annoyed me..

But going back to my original point, you've never read the magazine?

You know we have this right now called the internet.. you can read everything you can get from the actual magazine..you know so someone from ireland or other areas who can't get the magazine in their hands can read it because it;s the EXACT SAME THING!

although i'm not sure what point you're trying to make with the ONE sentence you're repeating.

just because you were the one who posted the review scores.. I wasn't shitting on you so stop shitting on me!

You know we have this right now called the internet.. you can read everything you can get from the actual magazine..you know so someone from ireland or other areas who can't get the magazine in their hands can read it because it;s the EXACT SAME THING!

although i'm not sure what point you're trying to make with the ONE sentence you're repeating.

just because you were the one who posted the review scores.. I wasn't shitting on you so stop shitting on me!

Calm down, I think it was a fair point. All you've seen is the score from this review and probably the others, the point I'm getting at is that NGamer are a reputable magazine, I know that having read it since 2002. You just don't really seem to know anything about NGamer and are just highlighting scores you've read from the internet.

I'm really looking forward to playing both Pikmin and Mario Tennis on Wii using the Wii controls (espicially Mario Tennis) but i still can't help thinking these are fillers to get us through till spring/summer 09.

I imagine they are. I can't really think of anything thats coming out until the spring. And then we'll have a few major games from Sega plus Wii Sports Resort.

Always seem a bit biased towards Nintendo products from what I've seen. Always shun them for the other consoles.

Don't you mean bias against Nintendo? Bias towards would indicate they're positive towards Nintendo.

Regardless, i've noticed Playr very rarely show Nintendo products and constantly promote Wii as a silly little party machine - quite surprising given usual host Rufus Hound is a big Nintendo fan (you'd think he'd at least try to push for more credible Nintendo items). Playr simply seems to pander to the 360 elite, leaving The Sun's gaming section to offer an approach with more journalistic integrity.

Calm down, I think it was a fair point. All you've seen is the score from this review and probably the others, the point I'm getting at is that NGamer are a reputable magazine, I know that having read it since 2002. You just don't really seem to know anything about NGamer and are just highlighting scores you've read from the internet.

i just linked you a link to an ACTUAL review of red steel you mog :)

Mario Tennis is available for £17.99 at ShopTo

Could be a mis-price, as the R.R.P say's £19.99 and Pikmin's on sale at £24.99 with an R.R.P of £29.99 and that's out in less than a week!

Oh, and use this code for a £1 discount! 'shoptovoucher2'

Done and done! Thanks!

Though does say they can still change the price.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!