NEurope
Dante

DJ Hero

Daft should like this

Daft Punk don't actually move like that.

/Obsession

I had a discussion whilst out shopping, about the price with;

Some kid playing it in HMV.

and

A Gamestation employee.

We all agreed it was ridiculous. I'm gonna hit the fuck out of this shit when its on the down low. Fuck it might even get the Renegade edition for a laugh if I see it on the cheap.

Yeah, I really want this. But not for that price.

Not sure how much I'd be willing to pay. £60 tops, I'm thinking.

Anyone know what the DLC is like for this?

Yeah, I really want it, but can wait. I reckon it will be sub £70 by xmas sales.

Anyone know the differences in content and DLC between the HD and Wii versions?

This was my Xmas present. Loving it. Just unlocked Daft Punk. Anyone else got it?

Anyone else finding their upper back killing them after playing it for a while? No matter where I have it. I would play it standing up but I don't have any tables in my room high enough.

Some of the negatives: The DLC is shit and tracks are used in mixes WAAAY too much. Why the hell are Rihanna and 50 Cent in this? I like the Jay-Z stuff but they really should have leaned towards the bloody DJing labels (Ed Banger and Ekler'o'Shock to name two).

Also, why do I have to mix Daft Punk with Queen?! Why the hell isn't there any Daft Punk and Daft Punk (Actually, I think there is one track).

I wouldn't give a crap about any of this if they just released Alive 2007 as either DLC or a new disk.

Yeah, I got it yesterday. Loving it also.

Fun. Don't care too much about a lot of the tracks but I really do enjoy playing it. It's fun and more varied than what's in Guitar Hero. (By that I mean when it was actually just the guitar, aka when Guitar Hero wasn't shit.)

I do like having to start from scratch (lol) with my skill in a rhythm game. Although I jumped right into medium rather than working from beginner. I did pretty mediocre at first, but I've managed to get an excellent streak of 5 stars today. :grin:

What do you think about the fader? It's the one thing that buggers me up. The last two songs on the Daft Punk set list has real bastard parts with it. I'd been playing for so long by the time I had to fade that out I just gave up. Needed to rest my eyes.

Any idea when there'll be new DLC?

I quite like it, but some of the songs are just crap. Some of them I wouldn't even consider music, there just seems to be no actual tune/rhythm.

What do you think about the fader? It's the one thing that buggers me up. The last two songs on the Daft Punk set list has real bastard parts with it. I'd been playing for so long by the time I had to fade that out I just gave up. Needed to rest my eyes.

Any idea when there'll be new DLC?

I got used to the crossfader fairly quickly. But it does catch me off when I have to fade whilst scratching. Bit of a bugger that 'un.

I haven't played the Daft Punk setlist yet, but I'll give that a bash after I've had some kip.

Dunno about any new DLC...doubt any would appeal to me, mind. :hmm:

Apart from the turn table being a bit Fisher Price, this is an awesome game. Rythem Action games live or die by their music, and this one absolutely nails it, apart from a few slightly shit mixes in the early part of the game.

Its proper hard though (at the higher difficulty levels).

I thought the turntable was really sold actually. I was surprised that at the weight of the controls.

I really hate most of the samples actually. They should let you record your own.

The turntable isn't bad at all. It doesn't really feel cheap. Not as cheap as the first Guitar Hero controllers did, that's for sure. *Nods*

I thought the decks were well made too. I like the weighty feel of the turntable. Although the slider is a bit annoying at times, I find it hard to return it to the centre during the particularly frantic bits.

I've been playing this too much methinks. When I brushed my teeth, it sounded like scratching. So much so that I danced a little.

I may have even put one hand to my ear as if I was holding headphones...

I have a slight interest in this. I like music games in general, that is, I love drumming, but the music in those games was generally not my style. Of course, there were always tracks I did like or even loved, but this didn't outweigh the many tracks I didn't like or downright dispised. The Beatles one was the first one to be considered of a potential purchase somewhere in the future.

Now this though, is more my style, but still, they manage to ruin it ;). I can live with tracks I don't like, but not with tracks I simply can't stand, so I'm not gonna buy something that features content from Gwen Stefani or 50 cent.

I just want a dance/house-only edition. With the various editions they've come up with for Rock Band & Guitar Hero, I'd like to see, besides the DJ centric editions, label-centric editions. Defected would be an obvious choice. And I'd love to see a Naked music editions, but that may be too niche ;). Plenty of other big labels though. And that way they can also keep the pop and urban and hip-hop music seperated. Than offer the current playlist as dlc, so I can download some Daft Punk ;).

If they make a Daft Punk edition I will cry. I want to play every track from Alive 2007. None of this mash-up crap, which is surprisingly not that awful - but still.

As it is, it's annoying enough that Daft Punk don't actually move like they do in real life and their Alive pyramid stage is not in the game. Very fucking lame.

If they make a Daft Punk edition I will cry. I want to play every track from Alive 2007. None of this mash-up crap, which is surprisingly not that awful - but still.

As it is, it's annoying enough that Daft Punk don't actually move like they do in real life and their Alive pyramid stage is not in the game. Very fucking lame.

I've seen someone else complaining about the animations in general (and I agree); the animations don't match up with your movements. When you're scratching your character may be waving his hands in the air, like he just.. Can't be arsed (exactly). Which means some generic DJ movements for all of them. Something that can and should be improved in future editions.

About the mashups, I was about to reply I find them a nice compromise for having gameplay that features 2 turntables and a mixer that lets you, well.. Mix, I assume mixing is more complicated than DJs make it look (I wouldn't know, I haven't bought that second SL-1210mk2 yet :D), but that had me thinking.. They could easily think of a way to turn that in fun gameplay. I kinda wish they had now, they could've made this an alltogether fresh experience, in stead of simply a variation on the existing music game genre.

Interesting theory: You know how you "unplug" the turntable and plug it in to the other side of the mixer bit to swap from regular to leftie? What if you were to plug a second deck into the other side and make for a 2 deck setup? Something for a future release perhaps?

I've seen someone else complaining about the animations in general (and I agree); the animations don't match up with your movements. When you're scratching your character may be waving his hands in the air, like he just.. Can't be arsed (exactly). Which means some generic DJ movements for all of them. Something that can and should be improved in future editions.

About the mashups, I was about to reply I find them a nice compromise for having gameplay that features 2 turntables and a mixer that lets you, well.. Mix, I assume mixing is more complicated than DJs make it look (I wouldn't know, I haven't bought that second SL-1210mk2 yet :D), but that had me thinking.. They could easily think of a way to turn that in fun gameplay. I kinda wish they had now, they could've made this an alltogether fresh experience, in stead of simply a variation on the existing music game genre.

These are my babies! :D Very proud of them. Shame I'm a bit shit and my speakers are now broken.

2232632423_73f96ef2bb.jpg

I guess it comes down to price and accessibility though. The whole thing is pretty expensive as it is.

Interesting theory: You know how you "unplug" the turntable and plug it in to the other side of the mixer bit to swap from regular to leftie? What if you were to plug a second deck into the other side and make for a 2 deck setup? Something for a future release perhaps?

Yeah, I thought that too. I hope they intend to do that. At least it might make upgrading cheaper if they do a new version.

These are my babies! :D Very proud of them. Shame I'm a bit shit and my speakers are now broken.

2232632423_73f96ef2bb.jpg

I guess it comes down to price and accessibility though. The whole thing is pretty expensive as it is.

[..]

Heh, nice set, vinyl all the way ;). Though, obviously, I prefer the black ones ;). Oh well, one day, I'll buy that 2nd turntable, a Pioneer mixer, some Ortofon elements, nice set of headphones, amp, and speakers.. Oh god :D. Could've easily afforded it in the past if I, well, didn't spend so much on games :D. When I do get the stuff, I have Homework to practice with. I assume you're familiar with it? :D.

Just ordered this as it's on sale for £39.99 - at that price it's well worth a punt.

Yeh, I've been seeing it at that price and wondering whether to give it a go. Certainly a price I'd be more willing to buy it at as I'm not really into the style of music in the game. Can't afford to shell out for it though. Sucks. Maybe if it's still going next week.

It's something I've definitely been interested in playing. Is it hard to get to grips with the fader and the turn table or is it pretty easy to pick up?

FREE DLC ONE WEEK ONLY

DJ Hero 2 announced with FREE DLC

This autumn, living rooms will transform into nightclubs letting budding beat chemists, singing sensations and all of their friends party together by firing up two turntable controllers and a microphone to experience their favourite music as they've never heard it before.

Picking up where the award-winning DJ Hero soundtrack left off, DJ Hero 2 spins together the hottest tracks blazing up the charts and legendary club anthems from the biggest artists in pop, dance and hip hop including Dr. Dre, The Chemical Brothers, Kanye West, Metallica, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and over 85 others. Fuelling the party will be a host of all-new social multiplayer game modes and innovative freestyle gameplay giving virtual DJ's the ability to crossfade, scratch and sample in over 70 speaker-blowing mashups from the hottest DJ's and Producers around the world, including Deadmau5 - part of dance music's elite - who will be starring as an in-game playable character.

To celebrate the announcement, DJ Hero owners and all of their friends will have the opportunity to download, spin, scratch and battle a mix from DJ Hero 2 as downloadable content. The mix features the sultry sounds of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance", mixed With the blistering beats of Deadmau5's "Ghosts 'n' Stuff." The mix will be available for free from 8-14th June on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Store

Will be snapping this up tomorrow on the PSN Store.