N-Europe

Games for a bar?

hadez

Hi, I own a bar in Spain and we've had a Wii for a while now for our customers kid's e.t.c all the proceeds from people go towards new games for everyone. Last game we got was Wii Play and we now have enough money for a new one.

The games have to be fun 'family' games. So nothing like Zelda or anything. I was thinking of getting Mario & Sonic Olympics? Would that be a good choice? Can anyone suggest me some games?

Thanks

:bowdown:

I went to a restaurant in Rhodes last year which did the same thing, it's a good idea for preoccupying the kids!

I think Mario Kart Wii would be an ideal choice, most people I know love local multiplayer matches of that. Make sure you buy some extra Wii Wheels, too!

Hi, I own a bar in Spain and we've had a Wii for a while now for our customers kid's e.t.c all the proceeds from people go towards new games for everyone. Last game we got was Wii Play and we now have enough money for a new one.

The games have to be fun 'family' games. So nothing like Zelda or anything. I was thinking of getting Mario & Sonic Olympics? Would that be a good choice? Can anyone suggest me some games?

Thanks

:bowdown:

Sonic and Mario are quite bad game.

Guitar Hero or Rock Band would be appreciated. Smash Bros Brawl is a great multiplayer game, quite easy to get grips on. Maybe Boogie?

I think it's only 2 players, as well.

So is guitar hero, unless he waits for World Tour, but I doubt thats in his price range anyway, you could get two games for the price of GH3 and 3 or 4 for the price of rock band or world tour.

I would recommend if you're buying games for kids though, stick to the Nintendo ones as they're better at appealing to everyone, rather than some games just appealing to 7 year old girls or 10 year old boys. For sure don't buy any ubi games, maybe the original Rabbids, but other than that ubisoft games are generally really poor.

Sonic and Mario are quite bad game.

Guitar Hero or Rock Band would be appreciated. Smash Bros Brawl is a great multiplayer game, quite easy to get grips on. Maybe Boogie?

lol, Mario and Sonic is pretty decent tbh and besides how could you possibly call Mario and Sonic a "bad game" and then suggest Boogie? :p

Yeah Mario Kart is a pretty good idea, I recon. How about Brain Academy? Have a Mii for each of your customers, make it part of the experience.

I'd steer clear of Brain Academy, can be a pain having to register each Mii to be used in multiplayer. Found this out the hard way last Xmas, having to register 6 people took ages, and then we couldn't enrole some people as it only has so many slots (8 I think). Shame as it was fun when we finally got round to playing.

I'd probably go for Mario & Sonic, as it's probably the easiest out of the one's mentioned for people to get into straight away.

Brawl could be tricky for users to figure out without having someone to tell them what the buttons do. Mario Kart is similar in a way, but would be easier than brawl to pick up and play.

Brawl could be tricky for users to figure out without having someone to tell them what the buttons do. Mario Kart is similar in a way, but would be easier than brawl to pick up and play.

Brawl is pretty straight forward for kids I've found. Its just older people that don't seem to get it. I mean, all you really need to know to start is that the control stick is to move and jump, and the "A" and "B" buttons are to attack.

Carnival Games (Something like that) received very good critics.

And every kid loves Carnival Games, so i think it is a great choice (if you don't have it yet)

If you have it, tough, then stay with Mario and Sonic at the olympics

Brawl is pretty straight forward for kids I've found. Its just older people that don't seem to get it. I mean, all you really need to know to start is that the control stick is to move and jump, and the "A" and "B" buttons are to attack.

The problem is that a lot of the people playing it will likely be under 12. I think it's best to stick to 3+/7+ games.

Mario & Sonic, has the best pick up and play controls and everyone loves Mario and Sonic. Plenty of other good suggestions but I feel this is the most straight forward in most cases, along with Wii Sports.

Mario PArty 8 aint bad and is cheap... not sure if it's suitable for the restaurant type multiplayer you want though, might take a bit too long.

Warioware sounded like a good idea - well done to whoever suggested it. It's short, addictive and simple. Probably the best thing for people who're just popping in for a bite to eat.

Mario and Sonic needs quite a lot of explanation/reading the controls guide - you want simplicity.

Warioware seems simple to us, but it's a game that capitalizes on gamer "intuition", not a good idea for kids.

Mario & Sonic is a great multiplayer, but having to learn the tutorial for every single sport, might put off people.

Boom Blox is great, they can play away with simple puzzles or just have fun blasting stuff, seems like a great choice.

Mario Kart would also fit the bill.

I'm throwing in another vote/suggestion for Boom Blox, once you know how to control it/what you're doing, it's a brilliant fun game, especially on the Quick Sample, and wiimotes/players can easily and quickly be dropped in/out for it, I believe. I've had it for a week or two now, and me and my friends have had alot of fun in a few Boom Bloxing sessions, and we're all in our early 20s! I reckon the kid's would love it, throwing things at other things really hard, it's simple and fun :D