NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kirkatronics

Other Languages..?

Ive always wanted to learn another language or two.

I would like to learn Dutch, French, Or German.

I don't know why, i just do.

I can speak a very small ammount of French, and even less Dutch.

What languages can you speak, and what others would you like to speak?

Fairly certain we've had this exact thread before.

Same way we've had the Sleep thread before.

I know you have a desperate need to create as many topics as possible, but try not to overlap:indeed:

I can probably still speak a bit of French from when I took it for GCSE and even less German.

I would love to be able to speak Japanese though.

Can speak a bit of French, I haven't forgotten it all. I think I can remember enough to get me through a day trip to France.

I'm trying to learn Japanese at the moment, but the only sentences I can say for now is "This is good beer" and "I'm looking for some sailors." (Thanks to bluey for that second one.)

Between year 7 and year 9 i learnt 3 years of french and 2 years of German, the problem is i can't remember any of it. I hated those lessons and used to blag it.

If i had to learn a language now, i'd probably learn Japanese or German (again).

I was made to learn French at school. I've done my darndest to try and purge it from my memory.

I wouldn't mind learning Spanish though.

I can speak enough German to keep up a decent enough conversation, even though it's been ages since I spoke it, and I sort of taught myself a little portuguese for when I go there during the summers.

"I'm looking for some sailors." (Thanks to bluey for that second one.)

That's the only one you need to know.

I speak Portuguese and English (duh), I can somewhat speak Spanish and a little French (badly). I want to learn Japanese too.

I can speak English, and am currently intermediate with german. I'd like to learn Italian.

nohongo wa sugoi musukashi >_<

i'm not making enough effort to learn, more picking up the useful bits as i go along... this has left me with nothing more than a very stringy conversational level japanese, but fantastic imperative dance skills :smile:

sometimes i think i'd like to learn sign language (i know "konnichiwa" in JSL and only the alphabet, thank you and "my name is" in BSL... all of which are, sadly, a completely useless waste of grey matter for me.) but then i think i'd rther master english before i try anything else!! ^_^

I speak Italian, English and French. I'm doing Japanese A-level at college, but I'm atrocious at it. I'd like to get better but I can't get my head around japanese grammar :(

I, too, have seen this thread before. Anyway...

I know Portuguese, English and Spanish. Also some (very) basic French.

I can also understand some Italian (little, though) and a few japanese words/expressions.

My Welsh speaking skills are fantastic.

Enjoyed French lesson's at school, and I even attended a few evening classes at a local college when I left. Still remember enough to get by, and would be willing to learn more if I was to visit the county in the future.

My Latin and French used to be better but I don't need them at Uni...

I get the fair share of practice in English though and German is my native language.

I had to take french in school but I dropped it last year in order to take a computer graphics course. I never really liked french class that much anyway. Now I doubt I could speak any of it.

I'd love to learn Japanese some day though.

I know a little Spanish and French from High school. English I know pretty well aswell.

I know quite a bit of Ukrainian, but not enough to hold a conversation.

I did French up to Standard Grade at school and think I'm pretty good at it, can certainly get by when I'm on holiday in France. Understand most of it, a lot more than I can say anyway.

And I don't see what the big obsession everyone here seems to have with learning Japanese?

And I don't see what the big obsession everyone here seems to have with learning Japanese?

It's the whole "It has an alphabet totally unlike our own language, even more different than cyrillic, but it's easier to learn than Chinese." aspect of it all.

Plus Japan is a much nicer country than the Slavic countries...

I can speak Greek and I can get by in Japanese since I did it at Uni for two years. :heh:

Did German, Latin and French at school.

I can swear real good in French.

Because whining about the dubs and having to go through the arduous task of reading the subtitles when it's in Japanese is too much work.

I know a few basic French and Spanish words, slight bit of Greek, I'm nowhere near fluent in anything though.

Probably becaese most people's interests here are gaming and anime/manga which have strong roots in Japanese culture. It's only really a natural development of people's interests and hobbies.

Because whining about the dubs and having to go through the arduous task of reading the subtitles when it's in Japanese is too much work.

Probably becaese most people's interests here are gaming and anime/manga which have strong roots in Japanese culture. It's only really a natural development of people's interests and hobbies.

Those as well.

Especially what Eevil said. They're known as 'retards' in some circles. :indeed:

I know a few basic French and Spanish words, slight bit of Greek, I'm nowhere near fluent in anything though.

Let alone Engrish! :heh:

Sign in to follow this