N-Europe

When You Were Younger...

Kirkatronics

I've wanted to be a Jedi for as long as I can remember. I still do.

For a short period of time, I also wanted to be a fighter pilot (blame Star Fox). Preferrably a Jedi fighter pilot (blame Rogue Squadron).

On a more serious note, I've never really known until now what I wanted to be. I can't remember having any particular job dreams when I was younger. I guess I took one day at a time then. Now, I'm pretty sure I've found my future way in life: Classical philologist. I wouldn't have dreamt of it a year ago, but the compulsory Latin in the beginning of the first year at the gymnasium completely blew my mind. Now I'm hooked.

I've wanted to be a Jedi for as long as I can remember. I still do.

For a short period of time, I also wanted to be a fighter pilot (blame Star Fox). Preferrably a Jedi fighter pilot (blame Rogue Squadron).

On a more serious note, I've never really known until now what I wanted to be. I can't remember having any particular job dreams when I was younger. I guess I took one day at a time then. Now, I'm pretty sure I've found my future way in life: Classical philologist. I wouldn't have dreamt of it a year ago, but the compulsory Latin in the beginning of the first year at the gymnasium completely blew my mind. Now I'm hooked.

Sorry mate, you don't blame Star Fox,... you worship Star Fox, you dream about Star Fox, you think of nothing else but Star Fox, but you sure as hell don't blame it.

TEH rules:

1) You never EVER blame/insult/disrespect Star Fox

2) If you somehow in an alternate reality do find a reason to blame/insult/disrespect Star Fox, see rule 1

Dannyboy I hope now you have learnt the true value that is the masterpiece Star Fox... Now go on and spread the message !!

i remember going to the bakers in pram with my mum.

i remember telling my mum that were going to miss the stop as where on a train.

i remember falling asleep on a chair as my brother and sister were getting there photo taken with the xmas tree.

wrong thread??

Reminds me of this guy who was getting picked on once at school. He came out with a line of pure brilliance:

"Friends? I don't need friends, I'm a POKEMON MASTER!"

Haha!

Take the 'er' off of the thread title and i'm haunted by memories of that song, which woke me up so many times after very little sleep. Who's silly idea was it to put that as their alarm. :(

Haha!

Take the 'er' off of the thread title and i'm haunted by memories of that song, which woke me up so many times after very little sleep. Who's silly idea was it to put that as their alarm. :(

When I read the thread I also thought it was a tribute to the awesomeness that are The Killers

lol lol

When I read the thread I also thought it was a tribute to the awesomeness that are The Killers

lol lol

My friend has 'When you were young' as an alarm. It's the most annoying thing. EVER. To think I actually liked the song at one point...

and yeah, awesomeness, for at least their first album :s

Edit: More on topic...I wanted to win the lottery. I still do.

Haha!

Heh, you know, I created this exact same thread a month ago, with the "er" missing.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21820&highlight=when+you+were+young

Noo, I wasn't having a dig at you. I was just pointing out to Draz that a thread did exist called "When You Were Young"...so may his nightmares continue.

Lol, i knew you werent taking a dig.

Its just that now ive seen it, i remember opening the thread and closing it due to how long the thread was lol.

Sorry mate, you don't blame Star Fox,... you worship Star Fox, you dream about Star Fox, you think of nothing else but Star Fox, but you sure as hell don't blame it.

TEH rules:

1) You never EVER blame/insult/disrespect Star Fox

2) If you somehow in an alternate reality do find a reason to blame/insult/disrespect Star Fox, see rule 1

Dannyboy I hope now you have learnt the true value that is the masterpiece Star Fox... Now go on and spread the message !!

Nononono, you misunderstand me! I LOVE Star Fox!

One thing I MUST know, though: How do you feel about Krystal?

Nononono, you misunderstand me! I LOVE Star Fox!

One thing I MUST know, though: How do you feel about Krystal?

Krystal is meh... Nothing special...I wish they would've added a more meaningful character though... how can a chick that never in her entire life has seen an arwing suddenly can drive one professionaly ??(I'm referring to Star Fox Adventures) :s :s This actually means that anybody can join Star Fox, this thought sickens me... Why didn't Kat or Bill (Lylat Wars) join the crew?? I loved the interaction between Kat and Falco, and Bill,... Bill is just too cool...

Final question: Why the hell would a fox chick (Krystal) be on a Dinosaur Planet???:confused:

Conclusion: I don't like her, she softens Fox up too much and her background story doesn't make sense at all, hopefully she'll die or something in the nex SF and Fox will have to take revenge for her... That's the only good thing that can come from her... IF you know what I mean...

Krystal is meh... Nothing special...I wish they would've added a more meaningful character though... how can a chick that never in her entire life has seen an arwing suddenly can drive one professionaly ??(I'm referring to Star Fox Adventures) :s :s This actually means that anybody can join Star Fox, this thought sickens me... Why didn't Kat or Bill (Lylat Wars) join the crew?? I loved the interaction between Kat and Falco, and Bill,... Bill is just too cool...

Final question: Why the hell would a fox chick (Krystal) be on a Dinosaur Planet???:confused:

Conclusion: I don't like her, she softens Fox up too much and her background story doesn't make sense at all, hopefully she'll die or something in the nex SF and Fox will have to take revenge for her... That's the only good thing that can come from her... IF you know what I mean...

I can see what you mean. I like her personality, though. (Read: She's hot! :p) But I agree that her story could have been better implemented into the Star Fox universe.

Almost everything introduced in Adventures just didn't fit in that well with the rest of the universe due to the game being completely unrelated to Star Fox once. Still, the great difference between the original Dinosaur Planet game and the Star Fox universe taken into account, Nintendo did a nice job at actually fitting them together.

I do like that Krystal brings love into Fox's life. It gives him a deeper personality, forcing him to think about his way and choices in life. I'd love to see Katt and Bill back, though. I really want the next Star Fox to be a great and epic adventure with a deeper storyline and both new and old characters. I want to see more of the characters' relationships with each other. If you need me, I'll be over here dreaming on.