NEurope
Daft

Killzone 2

I am guessing because Cod is so popular, people wanted those controls. Its really not hard to get into at all.

In the beta it wasnt a complaint and the COD4 controls worked well too given you do not have the cover mechanics.

Biggest complaint in the beta I recal was lack of splitscreen.

I don't. Maybe a higher difficulty will prove otherwise, but we won't know till then...well I won't know.

I'll bet on the game having some of the best AI so far. Given quite afew fps veterans have already made these statements. You can also have fun with bots in multiplayer. Clearly much time was spent on AI.

In the meantime i am going to try and finish Crysis Warhead. Since no one is joining me on Warhawk or Bad Company :p

People in dubai are very luck :blank:

CVG.com:

As with every big launch these days, reports have hit the web from ecstatic gamers finding shops that are selling games early. Killzone 2 is no different.

It all seems to be going down in Dubai, where multiple reports of retail copies being sold are emerging - one even posting a video of those glorious cellophane-ripping moments on YouTube.

"I couldn't believe myself when I first saw it in a local videogame store," said the poster. "It was Killzone 2 the full game. 2 weeks before the release date. The salesman told me that they managed to bring only 70 copies of Killzone 2, and they all sold out in just 5 hours," they add (via PSU)

As we reported yesterday, early promo versions of the game have also found their way onto eBay, although Guerilla warns that they won't work online.

We've called a few retailers we know around London and there's nothing out there yet.

Linky

This has happened before.

They will finish the single player though :( I dont know which to do first. There will be lots of newbies online day 1 for me. :p

Good opportunity to show off my kill ratio.

Choze I'll whoopass you just from playing the demo ;)

And MtH, I think it's a bit early to say you won't spend much time in online in the game. This game isn't Cod4. It's Killzone. It has it's own feel and playstyle and all it needs is a bit of practice. If you think of the amount of time you put into Cod, getting to learn how it handles takes a miniscule amount of time compared to the time you spend on it overall.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't really want this to handle like Cod 4. It's nothing like Resistance either, but it shouldn't be because it is a different game and it would decrease the challenge if it were the same as the others.

Choze I'll whoopass you just from playing the demo ;)

And MtH, I think it's a bit early to say you won't spend much time in online in the game. This game isn't Cod4. It's Killzone. It has it's own feel and playstyle and all it needs is a bit of practice. If you think of the amount of time you put into Cod, getting to learn how it handles takes a miniscule amount of time compared to the time you spend on it overall.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't really want this to handle like Cod 4. It's nothing like Resistance either, but it shouldn't be because it is a different game and it would decrease the challenge if it were the same as the others.

Your probably right mate, its just I am so tuned into the CoD controls that anything else is just gonna seem inferior. IDK, I will give it a good try, own you online for a bit, then see how it goes.:p

Hehe, I think you should move on. I think I should move on. Apparently this game is the shit so why don't we both turn a new leaf and both become partners in this game and pwn as a pair?

This baby just arrived.

I played through the first few levels, and I'm glad to say that it impressed me a lot more than the Demo. The game does not require any install which was a huge surprise. And the story part that starts the game is amazing and makes the start of the game (Demo part) much more interesting. The story Graphics are insanely amazing, and the in game graphics aren't far behind.

Controls are like they where in the demo, rubbish. But using alternative 2 with hold to zoom and increased sensitivity makes the controls way better. Music is epic and enemy animation is one the the best character animation I have seen to date. First mission lets you drive a tank which was cool, and the tank controls where tight and satisfying. And there will be more vehicle missions later.

Having given it all that praise I feel I have to say that the game has it faults. It does not break any new ground, the controls could be better (I hope there is a patch). And the missions are so generic that it hurts some time. In one part of the mission you man a turret and have to gun down enemies, only to find out that there's an infinite enemies spawn nearby. :| After realizing the spawn pattern I moved forward and then the enemies stop spawning. Having just one primary weapon is a drag, and the weapons aren't as cool as the weapons in Killzone 1. I do miss that alternative fire form that game.

The game also briefly freezes when loading a new area.

Bottom line. The game is great. It deserves the praise it's getting. It doesn't do anything new, but for the most part does everything it does better than the rest. The missions so far isn't all that. But I hope the later missions will be better.

I'm off to play some more now. Just ask any questions. If any one else has the game early I would love to play some MP.

This baby just arrived.

And there will be more vehicle missions later.

Make that one more mission. As far as i can remember anyway. I think its mission 9.

Mission 5 and 10 are definitely highlights ;)

Make that one more mission. As far as i can remember anyway. I think its mission 9.

Mission 5 and 10 are definitely highlights ;)

sweet :)

I'm on mission 4 now I think. But gotta go wake up my lady friend soon :/

I just wanna play.

I must be the only PS3 owner atm NOT hyped for this game... >>

I must be the only PS3 owner atm NOT hyped for this game... >>

Not being hyped is a good thing. I had too high expectations.

Not being hyped is a good thing. I had too high expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I may pick it up cheaply at some point but aside from astounding visuals and sounds and a few obligatory setpieces it just looks like a load of other games that are available allready even if it's better.

Don't get me wrong, I may pick it up cheaply at some point but aside from astounding visuals and sounds and a few obligatory setpieces it just looks like a load of other games that are available allready even if it's better.

Nah. Enemy AI and animation is unrivalled. Shooting them just feels so good. Its worth playing just for that sensation.

Please dont post spoilers. I'd rather find out the length or number of stages by myself. Keep it private!

Sounds good from the impressions. Other single player fps games have not really broken much ground either. So not much of a problem there. Its really about the quality.

Tried multiplayer online guys? :santa:

Lets find out :)

I'm getting an error message, So It doesn't look the servers are there.

Network error code : 4002

Been playing with bots and it's quite fun.

Fun fact of the day:

the ISA faction logo is nearly the same as the norwegian post logo!

logo.png