N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7/10 is the lowest review. Hardly bad. Even LBP got those scores for silly reasons or special unique flaws.

As i have said before. Once you get your hands on the game you will see why the beta testers were so addicted. Yes it looks and sounds amazing but thats just to lure people in ;)

Much like the best games the quality will speak for itself.

Bad news it sounds like the preorder US demo has Elite difficulty but not the normal one(Euro).

Oh and review collections: http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=The+reviews+for+Killzone+2+are+in!

for those who care.

Imagine if Call of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2 had a baby, which they then abandoned and as a result had to learn a few new tricks to survive. That's what Killzone Multiplayer is like.

Thats a good description of multiplayer. More like BF 2142 without vehicles than Team Fortress though due to the futuristic aspects.

I am interested in knowing which assault rifles do people prefer?

Helghast assault rifle. Ironsights, cooler sound but less accurate. Seems nicer for slow movement.

ISA assault rifle. Scope, cool reload and more accurate. Nicer for standing still.

I prefer the Helghast Assault rifle myself.

Edge magazine have given this a 7/10 apparently. Haven't seen the review so can't post what was said about the game. Personally, regardless of the scores it's getting, I was getting it anyway as I enjoyed the demo, even though for a 2 hour+ download time it wasn't entirely worth the wait.

Where'd you hear that from? Just wondered cos i'm a subscriber and not recieved my copy yet...

I don't get the EDGE bashing on here. I don't think they are anywhere near as spot on as they once were with reviews. I think this is for a number of reasons. I still think though their scores are up there amongest the scores that people wait for with baited breath. tbh as well if they gave it a 7 that is still a good score for a game in a very overcrowded genre.

The scope is green. It looks awesome.

When you look that good, who cares how many people you kill?! :heh:

Well yeah it looks nice. I prefer the sound on the Helghast one though and it looks mean, especially when light shines on the gun. :p But really i just play nicer with it in multiplayer. I imagine most will prefer the ISA gun because of accuracy and scope.

Was able to play tonight on high volume. The osund is just so well done. Its nicer than the graphics. The surround is just amazing. No random direction atmospheric sounds. The helghast machine gun sounds sharp. The reverb in the warehouse... Just brilliant. PS3 spoils us for sound.

Was thinking of upgrading my reciever as well perhaps. Some are priced nicely.

I swear the Helghast one was more accurate? I managed to kill people more easily with the H assault rifle, and when firing the ISA one the bullets went all over the place after the initial shot.

They have different charcteristics. :geek: Over long distances the ISA one is more accurate.

I haven't played yet, but I'll probably prefer the accuracy of the ISA rifle. Plus that scope (which isn't really if I'm thinking of the right one but oh well) is basically a Red Dot Sight (but green) and I love the Red Dot Sight in pretty much any FPS that has guns using it.

The one you start off with is the ISA one right? If so I think the other one is better. Just seemed easier to pick people off. The other weapon that the Helghast has in the warehouse was the best though.

The helghast rifle is woefully inaccurate but does have quite a power difference and if you can control it, you can be almost as accurate with it as the ISA rifle. Also, the pistol is more like a hand cannon IMO. Quite a meaty beast. And is the sub machine gun from the first game in this one, as that had a silencer and was ridiculously accurate over long ranges.

The helghast rifle is woefully inaccurate but does have quite a power difference and if you can control it, you can be almost as accurate with it as the ISA rifle. Also, the pistol is more like a hand cannon IMO. Quite a meaty beast. And is the sub machine gun from the first game in this one, as that had a silencer and was ridiculously accurate over long ranges.

The pistol is the magnum in single player. In multiplayer you have to unlock it. The standard pistol is not powerful but it has afew more bullets. Reload times are about the same. Infinite ammo.

Yes the Helghast rifle is good. It was my choice in multiplayer.

Never played the first KZ besides the demo.

17 days left until I get to frag MatTheHat online. Very excited. When it comes through in the post I'm going to have to shield the case from the onslought of cream.

I can picture it now, running through the corridors and pumping lead into everyone's body, especially Flameboy.

17 days left until I get to frag MatTheHat online. Very excited. When it comes through in the post I'm going to have to shield the case from the onslought of cream.

I can picture it now, running through the corridors and pumping lead into everyone's body, especially Flameboy.

The sad thing is, I still don't know why I am getting all this lip off you but its likely it will all be true...

The sad thing is, I still don't know why I am getting all this lip off you but its likely it will all be true...

Maybe he can see into the future!? <cue scary music> lol

Anyway, had another go at the demo before. Think i have settled on control scheme 'Alternate 2' (thats what i think it was called anyway). Might buy them grip things for the PS3 triggers coz it will do my head in trying to hold down L2 while in cover!

Unlock the engineer and use the shotgun + up to 4 gun turret placements.

People will have a hard time getting past. :laughing:

Its going to be fun.

What shall we name the clan? Having a clan is useful just for organisation purposes. We can post news updates up etc. Really nice clan features in the game.

I dunno something catch but still N-E themed...can't remember what I called the resistance 2 one...hopefully get more people in on this one...

N-E Elites?

N-Europe

N-E Squad

NE Play Masters

NE Ghosts

NE Solids

Any other ideas? I will browse MGO and Warhawk to take a look at clan names.

Remember 32 player limit for a clan sadly.

Never.

I will defeat all of you. :p

We have to play in teams though. I dont think i ever did a free for all. Then again i played on Sony's servers.

The class everyone will be jealous of is Sniper. Since its the last class to unlock. 1 hit kill and easy aiming.

glitches: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=147797

Lol, go and rent CoD4, I NEED TO OWN YOU.