NEurope

Just wondered what people do with money when they get it, does it go on bills, games, or are you saving for the better things?

All of the above.
what you saving for?

Personally i have to pay for my car and is insurance.

Going to put a few hundered away per month/sale for a rainy day.

What you saving for?

My 3 month road trip around America next year, a digital SLR camera, a PSP-3000, some speakers for my decks and an HD TV for my PS3.

My 3 month road trip around America next year, a digital SLR camera, a PSP-3000, some speakers for my decks and an HD TV for my PS3.

That the priority order?

How much is your trip gonna set you back?

Saving generally with the odd splurge.

Sometimes savings is for something in particular, but sometimes its just saving until I realise I need something. At the moment its for travelling next summer.

I spend my money for Uni travelling, what ever I want to buy and save up for the future :heh:

I blow quite a lot of my money on stuff I shouldn't... My hair gets a fortune spent on it, between prescription shampoos, treatment shampoos, hair cuts, bleach, coloured dye.. Shocking really.

Also computer/techy stuffs are my weakness. :( Fail.

Saving with the occasional splurges of assorted sizes. The odd game, then putting any Xmas cash from relatives to a new telly to ring in '09.

That the priority order?

How much is your trip gonna set you back?

It wasn't intentionally put in order of priority but that is. :heh:

Not sure how much the trip is going to cost yet. Depends if I go by myself or not. I've been saving for a couple months now. I probably have enough money at the moment, I just don't have the time.

Most of my money nowadays goes on rent, bills, and paying off more bills. I hardly spend any on myself nowadays.

Although, I have been saving up recently for a little break. :) I work or have been working for most of my spare time, and I've never really been anywhere with anyone who wasn't my family. So, fuck it, I deserve it. So, I'm doing it.

This summer; Cd's, DVD's, Movie tickets, bus fares (not anymore, got my bus pass today, yay!)...and that's about it.

Varies, but yeah.

I used to spend money on anything I wanted. Now I'm working to save a load up which will eventually help me live when I'm at uni hopefully. Seems the loans aint even gonna help me feed myself.

When possible, I save 30% of my salary, I'm trying to get enough together for a house deposit in 2010 when I can finally get my 10 year residence permit here.

30% goes on rent for the house, as 30% of my monthly is "Housing Allowance" and the remaining 40% is divided between bills, food and social money.

I mostly spend money on games. Though I usually buy one piece of hardware a year. For instance, two years ago, I bought my Wi, last year I bought an iPod, just recently I bought a monitor and a few cables for it.

Nice thread to remind me to log into my bank account and see my wage go in, huzzah

250-300 goes into my sydney account every month

rest goes on whatever the hell I want, 30 quid for phone bill, 8.99 for WoW account and then all whatever i need, I don't really spend much anyway so i've usually got about 200 left over next month

rent. 53,000 yen/month

travel. 24,000 yen/month

food. 4,000 yen/month (1 bag of rice has lasted me 3 months...)

pocky. lots of yennies/month O_o

and i'm saving up generally for when i come back to the UK incase i wanna put myself through uni. also saving for christmas, and my flight home next april. @___@

i'm rubbish at budgeting and stuff ~ but i think i'm getting better!! my bank account over here is slowly increasing... this month was the last month i had to pay back my ECC loan so i'll be getting 30,000 yen more next month... but that's gunna go to my mum when she comes to visit in october 'cause i owe her about £200 >__<

i'd love to save up the £500 she gave to me for my ticket home during the summer... she said it was a gift, but i'd really love to be able to pay her back...

extra question!!

what do you do with your savings? do you keep it in your regular bank account? put it in a high interest thingy? keep it in a shoebox under the floorboards? what?

i have an ISA back in the UK, but i have no way of transferring my japanese wages to my UK account without it costing big monies.

You want to know...how much we earn....and what we do with it? You planning some fraud?

:rolleyes: Maybe =] MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I just want some ideas on what to do with he money im going to get, might buy a gamnig laptop or something special =]