N-Europe

Heavy Rain

Daft

I'm really looking forward to this game! As long as they don't go Matrix like in Fahrenheit, ass should be well. The first review is promising, but I'm sceptic when it comes to consoles exclusives being review by the official mag.

I know it's pretty ridiculous, but there is a Heavy Rain dynamic theme available on PS-Store, and it's pretty good. Well, as far as dynamic themes go.

Yes, I'm a sucker for stuff like that. But it's really moody, and doesn't plaster the name of the game anywhere. Nice!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Heavy Rain dynamic theme is rubbish. I like themes that have an element of interactivity. The LBP one goes from night to day depending on the time, it's ace (although the sackboy in the theme should be your own from the game...).

This one just rains...which is fine. But that's pretty unimaginative considering what this game is meant to represent.

Nah it's pretty much spoiler free.

Man, this and Bad Company 2 are so close to each other, it's going to be one of the best couple of weeks for gaming.

Yeah agreed. Although I'm not getting Bad Company 2 but still Bioshock 2, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Heavy Rain all within the space of 3 weeks. Oh and then FFXIII the week after?!

HEAVY RAIN: Evidence Analysis Moves Into PlayStation Home

Some of you may have noticed some strange happenings in the Presentation Podium over the last few weeks. Well, as of tomorrow, we can confirm that the blast door, (below) behind the jumbo screen will be opening for the very first time unveiling a brand new space – The Backstage Pass.

4309316278_af6d7534e6.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/01/27/heavy-rain-evidence-analysis-moves-into-playstation-home/

Cool.

Heavy Rain gets 91% score from GamesMaster

The mag gives the game a 91 per cent score, complimenting the title for being 'incredibly original... unlike anything else out there'.

It adds: 'The atmosphere is incredible - full of driving rain (which becomes central to the plot), fizzing neon lights, dank apartments and warehouses. It's a dark noir game, not a bright adventure.'

Sounds perfect. I'm really in the mood for something like this.

I used to like GamesMaster when I read it (No joke, at least 6 or 7 years ago). Is it any good nowadays?

Sony on the Heavy Rain 'gamble'

Sony has told CVG that releasing new IP as left-field as Heavy Rain is a 'gamble' - but that it has full faith the title can become a watershed moment in gaming.

The release has already picked up some storming reviews, with both Official PlayStation Magazine and GamesMaster awarding it a 90%-plus score.

Sony product manager for Heavy Rain told CVG:

"Being Sony, I suppose we have a little more luxury to take a gamble on more original and innovative IP - and Heavy Rain definitely fits that category.

"I suppose the risk is lessened if you have faith in the team behind the game and David and Guillaume and the guys at Quantic Dreams have really impressed, not just in terms of their back catalogue - Farenheit - but also in terms of the tech demos they showed in the run up to Heavy Rain."

She added:

"It would love for it to achieve [recognition as a watershed moment]. I really believe Heavy Rain has a great chance of breaking out. As well as the reviews, there also feels like there is a real groundswell of anticipation from gaming communities and trade alike - so let's see how it goes."

Look out for the full interview on CVG later today.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233184

To my eyes, Sony are the only platform really pushing this philosophy. Everyone can go ahead and try reinventing how games are controlled but there's very little point if the games don't grow up as a medium.

Interestingly enough, I think Heavy Rain will be very accessible since the majority of the time the controls are displayed on-screen.