NEurope

FREE DLC inbound!

500x_custom_1252416526293_photo_01.jpg

ARGH! You beat me to it! Anyway here is 1up's take on it;

The scrolling news ticker in the start screen for Batman: Arkham Asylum has been promising free downloadable content since before the game launched, but no one has been sure what it meant. For all we knew, it was to promote the Joker challenge rooms and simply hadn't been updated. But now Joystiq noticed that it's promising the new free DLC in 9 days. This puts it at next Thursday, September 17.

Of course, that goes no further to explain what it might actually be. Theories range from a new challenge room to more Riddler riddles. Whatever form it takes, it appears we'll find out in just over a week.

[image courtesy of Joystiq.]

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175938

Dopey the postie just delivered my books :)

He delivered it earlier on, i now have a chance to play the game in full now.

I too am wondering what this "Free DLC" will be. We can't complain can we, it is free no matter what it is.

Despite all the unversal praise this game has received I'm holding off buying it - I think I'll rent it instead sounds like it can be finished fairly quickly.

I posted this elsewhere but in case you missed it:

Here is a scene I'd like to see in the Arkham Asylum sequel.

memory-fail-batman-robin.jpg?t=1252349889

One thing I've been thinking about is multiplayer. Whilst I hate tacked on multiplayer that detract from the single player development. How cool would a mode like that one in splinter cell be where one person is batman and the others are henchmen....

One thing I've been thinking about is multiplayer. Whilst I hate tacked on multiplayer that detract from the single player development. How cool would a mode like that one in splinter cell be where one person is batman and the others are henchmen....

Now I'd buy the game if it had that included!!! :yay:

How cool would a mode like that one in splinter cell be where one person is batman and the others are henchmen....

Like the counter-op in Perfect Dark?

I'm going totally blank on PD even having such a mode but its name alone sounds similar.

I'm up to the Mortuary, just about to face Scarecrow. Shall do that tomorrow. Enjoying it a lot atm, especially the stealth sections.

I'm going totally blank on PD even having such a mode but its name alone sounds similar.

I think he ment Perfect Dark zero. I don't remember it having that mode in the first game.

That would be fucking tight. It'd be total murder trying to balance though.

"Alight lads. Mark a Gargoyle each and lets camp this bitch!"

"HOO-RAH!"

It was definitely in there. One person played as JD while the other played as the henchmen in each level, popping in and out of heads as they were mown down.

Was pretty ropey really but looking back it was actually really brave even trying that on an N64.

Just finished it on Hard difficulty. Was at Poison Ivy and had been having trouble there but beat her as soon as I turned it on. Joker presented a little challenge but once I worked out a strategy, it wasn't too hard. So now I'm done. Not going to bother with the challenge rooms because I don't really care much for them from what I've played. So if anyone is reading this thread and doesn't have the game yet, I have a copy you can buy :p

That would be fucking tight. It'd be total murder trying to balance though.

"Alight lads. Mark a Gargoyle each and lets camp this bitch!"

"HOO-RAH!"

It was definitely in there. One person played as JD while the other played as the henchmen in each level, popping in and out of heads as they were mown down.

Was pretty ropey really but looking back it was actually really brave even trying that on an N64.

Man i really dont remember that! Ah well i have been proven wrong!

Its just (not to be too obvious) harder on hard mode. Its taking on her lackies then her attacks, then back to the lackies etc. It just takes down your health bit by bit.

The mistake I made fighting Ivy was only throwing batarangs when the plant opened, but you can throw them all the time and chip the health down little by little.

Well thats the game completed on hard, did get annoying at times but I loved having to be a bit more tactical when taking on goons

The mistake I made fighting Ivy was only throwing batarangs when the plant opened, but you can throw them all the time and chip the health down little by little.

didn't think of that. It takes a fair chunk off when open though so...

Please don't tell me you need all 3 trophies for each challenge map to achieve 100%..

EIDOS INTERACTIVE AND WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE INSANE NIGHT MAP PACK FOR BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUMT

Eidos Interactive Ltd. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the Insane Night Map Pack, a free downloadable map pack for the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum action adventure title. Beginning September 17th, the Insane Night Map Pack will be available from PlayStation Store, Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace, and offer gamers two new Challenge Maps to hone their FreeFlow Combat skills and test their Invisible Predator prowess.

In the ‘Totally Insane’ FreeFlow Combat map, players will be tested to their fullest as scores of escaped lunatics bear down upon BATMAN as they make their escape through the asylum’s secure records facility. These fast-moving foes will challenge all but the most practiced players, with quick reactions and expert timing needed to fend off wave upon wave of insane inmates, bent on taking down the DARK KNIGHT. In the ‘Nocturnal Hunter’ Invisible Predator map, players take on a wholly different approach, practicing their predatory skills to remain in the shadows, utilizing the Arkham watchtowers and Batman’s arsenal of gadgets to gain the upper hand on The Joker’s army of goons patrolling below.

The Insane Night Map Pack will be available from September 17th for PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the soon to be released Games for Windows LIVE edition.

Sounding pretty good, looking forward to getting it

I have a great idea, let's play a game: You know you've played too much Batman when...

I'll start: ... when you wanna turn on Detective mode each time you lose your keys to your Batmobile, euuuh, I mean car...

I've been addicted to finish this game for platinum, have already 99% complete, with only shock and awe (extreme) left to finish with 3 medals!! First platinum ever's within reach!!

grz

You know you've played too much Batman when you try to grapple onto a watchtower in Battlefield 1943!

Something I actually did...

I actually had some fun earlier on this

After the 2nd Scarecrow encounter (with the visions/sounds of Bruce's Parents being Murdered on the way), i had some fun with the crazed prisoners who are freed after Poison Ivy. I make them think they are going to win, but punch them at the last second. Usually knocks them out.

At present, i am in the Botanical Gardens. Probably heading for Poison Ivy/3rd Scarecrow encounter

completed this today, what an awesome game. And i think im gonna have to go back and do all the riddles. Has anyone got 100% on the riddlers challenges yet?

completed this today, what an awesome game. And i think im gonna have to go back and do all the riddles. Has anyone got 100% on the riddlers challenges yet?

I have, im pretty sure someone else has as well... i think.