NEurope
ReZourceman

Penguin Break Season 4

Well yeah, but if he was doing that he wouldn't have wasted time with the credit card. Surely he could have fashioned something with his engineer brain that would connect them. Just seems to me like a very basic solution to a problem after all this time. I mean, he was precise enough to get a bolt of the right size and file it down just so he could unscrew the toilet. With this line of thought he would have just smashed it in or something.

Well yeah, but if he was doing that he wouldn't have wasted time with the credit card. Surely he could have fashioned something with his engineer brain that would connect them. Just seems to me like a very basic solution to a problem after all this time. I mean, he was precise enough to get a bolt of the right size and file it down just so he could unscrew the toilet. With this line of thought he would have just smashed it in or something.

It is a tv show remember, I think it was just a way to make Michael a bit more honorable. After all the bad things he's done, a chance to kinda redeem himself, and as others have said - he was dying anyway.

Also, he had to get Sara out of prison later that day!! it didn't exactly leave him much time!

Everyone knew Scofield would die; his constant bleeding more than warrants it. He can't always be alive.

I don't remember it happening after the operation on him, until the end. Also, his mum was fighting strong well into late middle age despite having had the same condition. An absolute sheer bollocks, 'for dramatic effect' ending.

Edited by Sheikah

Watched it last night, was pretty good!

Can't believe it's all over now.

Wow! :o

One of the few series I've stuck with until the end. I loved every minute of it, really. The characters are Ace.

The Final Break was great I think it would have made for an awesome cut down season 5 at like 12 episodes or something! To flesh out the characters some more. It felt a tad rushed but I enjoyed the ending. Especially with Michael on the videotape!

I feel the same way in re to I kinda felt like they wanted to do Final Break as season 5 so it felt like a condensed season in one easy bite.

I did enjoy it but I really....felt it was just a bit OTT. Overkill like. I think they should have left it at the Season 4 finale, and I really did feel it detracted a bit, but still.....Prison Break is now done and I thought it was excellent from start to tragic finish.

Prison Break 9.4/10

Think it depends what you wanted from the ending.

I'd much rather have known Michael went out in a blaze of glory [sadly literally!] dieing to protect Sara and his child, than having just slowly deteriotated and dies of his brain tumor.

Because that's what Michael's all about, he puts the ones he loves first, from start to finish.

It did feel a little rushed, but I thought it worked fine. And for me it was really all about the last 10 mins anyway, to get that closure for Michael, Sara and Linc; because I felt pretty lost wanting something more at the end of season 4, and The Final Break perfectly delivered what I needed.

I don't remember it happening after the operation on him, until the end. Also, his mum was fighting strong well into late middle age despite having had the same condition. An absolute sheer bollocks, 'for dramatic effect' ending.

I can remember a least two bleedings since the operation, one is slightly before extornation, the other one is around the time him, and Ms. Scofield met for the first time. Besides, knowing General Krantz ...Scofield didn't get the treatment he deserved. They half-assed the operation. Unlike for Ms. Scofield (I know she received the same operation, so the difference is 'there.")

^ I think you're getting confused. Michael didn't have any nose bleeds after the operation until the series end. That's where the shock came for the audience, Michael and Sara, because all thought they could now have a happy ending, but then on the beach talking about their future the bleeding came and they and us then knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending.

Yeah, regarding the operation, you could imagine the General may have done the least that was necessary to keep Michael going whilst he tracked down Scylla etc...

Had Michael gone to work for him, he would have recieved the full treatment.

Not convinced. I doubt the general knew about it. If he did, his whole motivation for Final Break would be non-existant.

Or the writers just wanted to kill him off to make him look like a hero. Which was pretty silly.

Well ive avoided watching any of season 4 (its been soooo hard) havent read this thread and generally have just tried not to find anything out until it came out on DVD. Just finished it and WOW i did not see that coming. Probably my fave series ust cant believe that its all over now.

Yeah. I that was in the boxset just watched the 5 episodes in a oners (including the final break). So by the time i watched that i was expecting it guess but still hes dead!!!!