NEurope
ReZourceman

Penguin Break Season 4

I didn't find it confusing, I think you're right on all points.
haha, OK it's not confusing then!
I found it a little confusing too. But you're right. Michael doesn't think its right their holding all this information, he wants to prevent Scylla being sold as it will just make another "company". What he can do with Scylla if he gets it i dont know. Maybe distribute the information like you said.

As for Linc, i didn't think he still had a plan. I think he just wants to get it over with. Return Scylla, free his brother and get out of there. Start living again and open that damn Scuba shop!

Was sad to see Sucre go. But we'll see him again i'm sure. He didn;t have a proper goodbye with Micahel and that's too goo a scene to pass up what with their history in Fox River.

I really thought Mahone was going to die! Because i'd read a veteran was leaving the show. I guess they meant Sucre, but i really want to see him again. Maybe he'll go and find Marie Cruz. I hope so :)

Yeah, Sucre's buggered off before spouting the same old crap, I'm sure we'll see him again before the Seasons out.

And yeah great to see Mahone is still around aswell!

What was all the drama about at the end then? Michael's 'Linc!! Don't do this!!' etc...

Is that because Linc intends to just give Scylla back to them?

I thought he did have something of a plan and that he was still interested in taking the company down [and wouldn't ultimately give Scylla back], but perhaps you're right, he's just sick and tired of it all.

Surely both brothers would want some sot of revenge still, given all the lives and trouble the Company has cost them!

Hmm... think we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out next episode!

Yeah that bit was a bit weird. I spose Mike didn't want to talk about it due to probably the room is bugged etc.

I think for Mike at least distributing Scyla for the worlds benefit will be almost redemption for him.

The more I think about it, the cooler this episode was. God this show rocks.

Yeah that bit was a bit weird. I spose Mike didn't want to talk about it due to probably the room is bugged etc.

I think for Mike at least distributing Scyla for the worlds benefit will be almost redemption for him.

The more I think about it, the cooler this episode was. God this show rocks.

Yeah I can see how that would be some sort of redemption for Michael.

But I'd be very surprised if Linc just gives in so easily on it all. I know he wants to just end all this, set up his scuba shop, be with LJ etc...

But he did loose Veronica and his Dad because of the company.

Then again I don't think we know everything about their parents involvement in the company yet.

And Linc did just learn something about his Mum working for the company.

Do you think her info was in the Tombstone II folder? Something about Linc's extra incentive?

Maybe Michael is considered Tombstone II. In that his Mum had the same medical problem as him and she died... hence Tombstone; and if Michael didn't have the surgery he would die, hence Tombstone II?... then again when Sara asked, The General said the patient who had undergone the same operation as Michael had gone on to live a long and happy life!

Maybe their Mum isn't dead?...

Argh who knows!! too much speculation!

Maybe Michael is considered Tombstone II. In that his Mum had the same medical problem as him and she died... hence Tombstone; and if Michael didn't have the surgery he would die, hence Tombstone II?... then again when Sara asked, The General said the patient who had undergone the same operation as Michael had gone on to live a long and happy life!

Maybe their Mum isn't dead?...

Argh who knows!! too much speculation!

Holy crap....

thats an amazing theory.

That makes so much sense dude. Seriously...that seems almost...exactly what they'd be implying. OMG.

Oh Yeah!

And there she is!

Didn't expect their Mum to show up so quickly [though we are running out of episodes!], but she's alive alright [bow taken :bowdown: ] and she was the Scylla buyer! So did their father know she was alive all along, and they were working together to bring the Company down?

Would have liked her to have come back as a warm loving mum for Michaels sake; but it's hard to tell what sort of character she is right now. She obviously still has some sort of mission/work to do as she couldn't talk to Linc.

Also, she just rang Gretchens phone to hear Lincs voice, right? I didn't miss something and Gretchen was working with her [knew of her] or something. Don't think so anyways.

Poor Gretchen! poor, hot, sexy Gretchen!

Wonder what'll happen to her now?! We're bound to see her again and she might even get her happy ending!

prison-break-20081218000413354_640w.jpg

And what is Linc, CRAZY!!! it was an offer of ANYTHING ya fool!! Bit late now!!

Good scenes with Michael in this episode; and nice move Sara!! She's a great actress aswell IMO; understated, but really gets her emotions across well!

And Michael's tumor was removed for sure right? that operation wasn't just the first stage of the Generals brain washing plan? He's been fine since the operation, so I assume it has been sorted.

Has Gretchen committed her last double cross? For now, yes. Jodi Lyn O'Keefe's season-and-a-half Prison Break run came to a close this week when the former Company operative took a bullet in the belly and got carted away by EMTs, never to be seen again — this season, at least. TVGuide.com spoke with O'Keefe about her admirably extended stint on the Fox series where, like 24, nobody is ever truly safe.

TVGuide.com: You made it pretty far; 28 episodes is pretty impressive on this show.

Jodi Lyn O'Keefe: To be a bad guy, yeah.

TVGuide.com: And to be a female.

O'Keefe: That's also true. I'll give myself extra credit for that!

TVGuide.com: Are you happy that they kept Gretchen alive? Do you think it was for a reason?

O'Keefe: Yeah, I do. At the beginning of the year it was touch-and-go. There even was an article about how I was dead for a minute, and then I wasn't. [Gretchen originally was supposed to die in this season's opener, but producers changed their minds and rewrote her storyline.] I'm actually still breathing on-camera — I'm just mortally wounded — so you never know.

TVGuide.com: If the series goes on another season, she could resurface. Or, if Fox ever pulls the trigger on the Prison Break: Cherry Hill spin-off, it could be Gretchen breaking out of the women's prison.

O'Keefe: Yeah! [Laughs] That would be great.

TVGuide.com: You once teased for me a Gretchen/T-Bag romance. Was that something that got scrapped or ...?

O'Keefe: That's just something I heard. They tell us a lot of things, but not always the truth. They learned their lesson with me because apparently I give things away. [Laughs] I don't mean to, but ... I get excited!

TVGuide.com: And I guess we won't get the kind of Gretchen/Sara faceoff that fans really wanted.

O'Keefe: Not like the one I was hoping for. We had a little bit of a faceoff, but no guns were drawn. I handed Sara a whip and she kind of wimped out, like, "Nah, I'm good. I'll get you when the time comes."

TVGuide.com: The introduction of Gretchen's daughter was a nice element. It gave you interesting places to go as an actress.

O'Keefe: It actually made me human, which I appreciated. You can't be all-bad all the time. And that little girl was awesome — she looked just me, and she was the sweetest little thing! Her name is Reagan, and she drew me pictures on my birthday.

TVGuide.com: Do you feel like you proved to yourself that you could pull off this extreme of a role?

O'Keefe: Yeah. You know, I wasn't really sure if I could do it or not. I wanted to take a really good shot at it, but it's unlike anything I've ever done before. And me being the head cheerleader for security, I wasn't sure if it would work out. [Laughs] I could only hope for the best and dive in head first.

TVGuide.com: Gretchen showed herself to be a force to be reckoned with, a real live wire.

O'Keefe: Thank you. It's bizarre, because everywhere I've been going people have been stopping in their tracks to say just how much they hate me — and that's great. People must be liking it to say, "Hey, you're awesome. We hate you so much."

TVGuide.com: What was harder — getting in Dominic Purcell's face or being mean to Wentworth Miller?

O'Keefe: [Laughs] Being mean to Went is always hard. He's such a great guy and so sweet and funny and considerate. He's a lovely human being to be around.

TVGuide.com: Your final episode had this sexually charged moment between Gretchen and Linc, where she had this great line: "After all the mercenary humps I've thrown at guys in my lifetime..."

O'Keefe: " ... I think I'm due for what I want." Yeah, I was like, "He's not buying any of this!" [Laughs] He didn't believe me for a minute.

TVGuide.com: Yet there was a brief flash across his face where he seemed to at least be considering it.

O'Keefe: I hope so! I was giving it my best effort, like, "Please buy this! Please!" She was just looking out for herself, trying to get everyone on Team Gretchen. She's probably horny also. What other way can she use to get what she needs?

TVGuide.com: Do you have your next job lined up yet?

O'Keefe: No, I just finished with the whole Prison Break thing and now it's the holidays, so I came back to Jersey to hang out with my family. Everything will start back up in the new year — depending on what goes on with the [possible Screen Actors Guild] strike.

TVGuide.com: Do you think a SAG strike might happen?

O'Keefe: I certainly hope not. I understand the points, but it feels like such a bad time, with the recession and everything that's going on. I just felt so lucky to be employed. Granted, only six percent of us [actors] actually work, but I would thank god every morning that I have a job. To go back to another strike 0after last winter's WGA walkout]... I can't even imagine.

TVGuide.com: A final Prison Break question: Did you get to keep Gretchen's schoolgirl outfit?

O'Keefe: Uh, I gave that back immediately. I was like, "Oh, thanks. This was great."

TVGuide.com: Besides, you already have one in your closet.

O'Keefe: I do. I have several.

Source: TV Guide

Late Spring Trailer

Haven't watched it, but does that mean there's a break now?

Yup! Only six episodes left.

The trailer has old footage and clips of new episodes at the end of the video.

Pretty sure the phone that their Mum phoned was off the dead bad guy, not Gretchen. Linc said "your guy is dead", which doesn't suggest it was Gretchen :p

Not sure about the Mum being alive stuff but I think I will just about accept it. Why were the company putting the idea that his Mum was alive into Michaels head to convince him to join, if she is actively against them? Surely it would be better for them that he remained convinced she was dead.

Pretty sure the phone that their Mum phoned was off the dead bad guy, not Gretchen. Linc said "your guy is dead", which doesn't suggest it was Gretchen :p

Not sure about the Mum being alive stuff but I think I will just about accept it. Why were the company putting the idea that his Mum was alive into Michaels head to convince him to join, if she is actively against them? Surely it would be better for them that he remained convinced she was dead.

Ah ok, I thought it made no sense being Gretchens phone, I thought it was her phone they took off her, but yeah it was the other guys.

Do the company know that Michaels Mum is against them though? We presume they do, but maybe they don't.

Also, I've forgotten a fair bit of Season 1, will have to go back and watch it soon! but... Michaels dad was in the family photo Michael was shown; but he wasn't around when Michael was gowing up was he? I thought the only memory Michael had of him was a fuzzy one of him coming back and saving him from being beaten by his foster father, or was it step father [i can't remember]?

Anyways, if that's the case, do we assume the Company photoshopped a family portrait together and many of the other photo's maybe, as part of their brainwashing strategy... trying to make Michael believe in his confused state that they were a happy family and believe in many events that actually never happened? maybe Michael saw mistakes in the Company's photo album and realised the truth and that he was being manipulated; so he went through with setting up an escape?

That, or did the writers just mess up?!

Yeah that was quality.

Gretchin offering it up to Linc, my jaw was dropped and I was panting at the TV. I can think of a few things to do to her.

EDIT: Just seen this was posted in the TV News thread, but still...

Season 4 will be the last...

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/944/944439p1.html

FOX Ends Prison Break

Final episodes will replace Terminator on Friday nights.

US, January 13, 2009 - At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, FOX officially confirmed news that had long been rumored – the current fourth season of Prison Break will be its final one. The series is currently on a break (no pun intended), but will return on Friday, April 17th at 8:00pm for its run of final episodes.

Prison Break will take the place of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Terminator returns on Friday, February 13th for the final eight episodes of Season 2, which will conclude on April 10th. Joss Whedon's new series Dollhouse will air its thirteen episode season in the Friday, 9:00 timeslot, first following Terminator, then Prison Break.

I asked FOX's President of Entertainment about the previously talked about possibility of a couple of extra hours of Prison Break, to wrap the story up. He said that was something "we're contemplating," but wasn't sure yet if these would be regular episodes or air as a stand-alone two-hour TV-Movie, a la 24: Redemption.

Asked why FOX gave Prison Break "the hook," Reilly answered, "We didn't give it the hook," saying he felt that the storyline of the show had naturally played out and come to a conclusion.

I'm SO relieved that it's not gonna be dragged on! The story has reached a natural conclusion...

Escape - Run/Prove Innocence - [blackmailed by Company] - Take Down Company!

REALLY hope we get that two-hour special though, perhaps showing how it turned out for everyone a year on or something? with a mission thrown in there for nostalgia!

April's a long wait though and I've been missing it lately, can you tell?...

s6000053bg8.jpg

...gotta get my Prison Break fix somehow!

Well, that is if taking down the company is even the final element. What if the company are really good, hum? Sure, they fix world politics but for all we know they have a time machine given to them by aliens, and the future would be bleak if they don't have this person running that country at this time...

:|

Well, that is if taking down the company is even the final element. What if the company are really good, hum?
I just meant 'take-down' has been the theme for Season 4, it makes for a logical final chapter, no matter how it actually finally plays out.

So is that actually finishing this season or is there another one?

Nevermind, just watched trailers :heh:

So is that actually finishing this season or is there another one?

This should be the last one. It's been touted as the last one, and to my recollection the series has been "cancelled" as such, meaning that there are no more episodes planned after this. Correct me anyone if I'm wrong, though.

I can't wait for thiiiis. :D

Definately the last season, however there's a chance there may be a two hour special filmed [like the 24 'movie'], to fully round things off.

Though if they decide to do that, think they've said it will prob go straight into the Season 4 boxset and not be shown on TV.

Can't wait!!

Confirmed!...

http://uk.dvd.ign.com/articles/971/971979p1.html

Prison Break's Movie Escape

Series farewell will be two-hour DVD film.

US, April 13, 2009 - With the final episode of Prison Break airing in May, fans of the Fox show thought that could be the last they would see of Michael Scofield, Lincoln Burrows, Alexander Mahone, T-Bag, and the rest. But now word has come that there's one last adventure in store for the crew.

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com, a direct-to-DVD movie called Prison Break: The Final Break will be arriving on DVD and Blu-ray on July 21st. The 88-minute feature will "put the exclamation point at the end of a four-year-long 'sentence,'" says the site.

The release will feature anamorphic widescreen video, English 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, and optional subtitles in English, French and Spanish. It will retail for $26.99.

The Blu-ray version will include 1080p high-resolution widescreen video, English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, optional English, French and Spanish subtitles, and (exclusive to the BD release only) a bonus feature called "The Old Ball and Chain & Free." The Blu-ray will cost $29.99.

Nice!

Sounds good, buti wont be in the country for that! Any chance it will be on iTunes as a download?