NEurope
ReZourceman

Penguin Break Season 4

Why pointless?

I got the feeling he hadn't died recently, and it wasn't the first time they'd been to his grave, but was an anniversary thing they all did and made time for every year.

On his grave it says he dies in 2005, which is not long after it is all over! I agree with you Retro it looks as if they do this every year.

I can see this whole Sarah thing although it seems a bit silly. As there was an investigation into Michael's mothers murder going on at the end? so it is plausable.

I mean if they get exonerated before the invesigation goes through then she can then be a suspect again for some whole new reason (killng Michaels mum) so at the time of the exoneration. I don't think they would have known about that.

So yeh I think he either does die of the tumor again which is why they showed that scene or because of that we think he does but really he dies saving Sarah and his unborn son which is his great final act of heroism as he was going to die anyway of this tumor. :)

On his grave it says he dies in 2005, which is not long after it is all over! I agree with you Retro it looks as if they do this every year.

I can see this whole Sarah thing although it seems a bit silly. As there was an investigation into Michael's mothers murder going on at the end? so it is plausable.

I mean if they get exonerated before the invesigation goes through then she can then be a suspect again for some whole new reason (killng Michaels mum) so at the time of the exoneration. I don't think they would have known about that.

So yeh I think he either does die of the tumor again which is why they showed that scene or because of that we think he does but really he dies saving Sarah and his unborn son which is his great final act of heroism as he was going to die anyway of this tumor. :)

Yeah agreed,

And regarding the 'movie', Sara going to Prison and breaking her out all in 88mins!! that's gonna be one exciting ride!

Seeing as she'll be going to a womens prison, do you think this has replaced the idea they had for a womens prison spin-off.

Also...

thefinalbreakdvdfoxhome.jpg

and...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/prison-break-bo.html

'Prison Break' boss defends tragic twist: 'It IS a happy ending'

Why'd you have to kill him?!

MATT OLMSTEAD: It started as a discussion with Wentwoth [Miller] around Season 2. He brought up a good point: His character's hands are as dirty as anyone's. If you look at the initial act that he committed -- robbing a bank to get into prison to break his brother out -- there were ramifications to that; a lot of people got hurt. Not by them, but when they rattled the cage of the company that was after them, the body count started to pile out. And Michael was aware of this. And we've addressed his guilt throughout the show. But at a certain point, it felt nobler to have the character die so that others could live. It just felt a little weird for us to have Michael and Sara holding hands on the beach walking away -- though that would be gratifying in the moment. Knowing that there was pretty much a scorched path behind them in terms of what happened, [having him die] balanced the books for us. He also paid the ultimate sacrifice and, in doing so, everyone else close to him was able to live, including his child.

Michael-Sara fans will argue that they deserved a happy ending after watching these two go to hell and back for four seasons. What would you say to them?

OLMSTEAD: For me, it is a happy ending. Look at the very first episode of the season when Michael realizes Sara's alive. They have a chance to run away, and they both elect not to because, as two people of conscience, they can't live with what they both now have experienced. And at the end of the finale, when they're on the beach and talking about the baby that's coming, that's a huge victory in that they both stood their ground and, with the help of other people, brought down the ultimate antagonist. So they have their moment.

Can we assume that we'll learn more about the ultimate sacrifice Michael made in the two-hour direct-to-DVD prequel movie [due July 28]?

OLMSTEAD: Yes, it dramatizes what happened to Michael. The nose bleed that reared its ugly head at the end of [tonight's finale] was a factor in his ultimate demise in that he knew that he probably didn't have that long to live, but it wasn't the sole factor. It informed certain decisions that lead to his demise.

The two-hour movie picks up right after the finale, right?

OLMSTEAD: Yeah, it takes place fairly soon after they're exonerated.

What's the premise?

OLMSTEAD: Sara is on the hook for [killing] Michael's mother and she gets locked up while pregnant. The tables are turned… once a doctor in prison now imprisoned, and Michael's on the outside. The majority of the cast is back. It's Michael, Lincoln, Sara, Sucre, T-Bag, Mahone... all the heavy-hitters.

So yeah, seems his nosebleeds/tumor are just his motivation as he knows he isn't gonna make it anyway.

He sacrifices himself for Sara and his child.

I'm coming to terms with it a little more now.

Michael has always put others first, and really he gave his own life up for Linc in the very first episode by vowing to set his brother free no matter what.

He's now doing the same for Sara.

We'll just have to wait and see exactly how the special pans out....

But if I'm honest, still :cry:

Edited by Retro_Link

SO AWESOME!!!!

Loved it. I thought it was a happy ending personally. They couldn't have ended it any other way. It wouldn't have felt right.

I think the sound of the Final Break sounds amazing too. I did think at the time Sara did what she did that she might get in trouble for it, so it makes sense. Learning more about what has happened in the meantime should be great.

And good call on her scar. I thought it was just from her Gretchen beatings? A sort of reflection ont he trauma she has been through the get to where she is. But i guess it could be a new scar gained in the Final Break.

And good call on her scar.
A thank you!

How seriously cool was it when C-Note said,

'I don't know his name, he said just call him Paul...' :bouncy:

A thank you!

How seriously cool was it when C-Note said,

'I don't know his name, he said just call him Paul...' :bouncy:

I know. I love how we were saying how Sucre, C-Note and Kellerman could come back and... ta-da!

I know. I love how we were saying how Sucre, C-Note and Kellerman could come back and... ta-da!
Yep, we're just too good! :awesome:

Oh Emm Fucking Godzaphon!!!!!!!1111

Seriously, I think thats the first time I've cried at a TV show. God damn perfect ending. 10/10.

Also, Sky are showing Final Break on next Wednesday.

Just heard that Gretchen may well be in the womens prison!

Oh my God, that would be sweet! Got an overwhelming urge to watch the episode where she wears the school girl outfit now :p Or the one where she takes her top off to be whipped by Sara. Good times :)

Oh my God, that would be sweet! Got an overwhelming urge to watch the episode where she wears the school girl outfit now :p Or the one where she takes her top off to be whipped by Sara. Good times
:)

Think The Final Break is definately in need of some Gretchen-Sara shower scene!... drop the soap moment.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just heard that Gretchen may well be in the womens prison!

Yeah i read that when i found out about sara being in prison.

Think The Final Break is definately in need of some Gretchen-Sara shower scene!... drop the soap moment.

Well if she is in it, then its interesting to think that she isn't with them to visit Michael's grave in four years time. I guess that means that she either dies, doesn't make it out or just goes her seperate way.

Well if she is in it, then its interesting to think that she isn't with them to visit Michael's grave in four years time. I guess that means that she either dies, doesn't make it out or just goes her seperate way.

Surely she'll be an evil bitch in it!

I can see her making life miserable for Sara, the two of them hate each other... and she'll probably have quickly established a gang of 'bitches'!

Edited by Retro_Link

Is it going to be in Fox River?! Cause then you've got T-Bag causing hell too :)

I think I heard somewhere he was in it, but I don't see how, cos Prisons are only ever male and female only... surely?

They'd need seperate communal lawns in any case!

Yeah most definately.

Putting the girlfriend of Michael Scofield in Fox River wouldn't be the smartest government move in any case! :heh:

I'm confused by some of the thoughts about the final of you guys...am I the only one who thought the end of PB was terrible? Or do people love PB that much that they'll accept any hashdash ending? I didn't know that these two episodes were going to be the last (or even that this was the last series) until shortly before they aired, and that just shows what crap pacing it had. Three AWOL characters (including the boring, ditched C-note) appeared in the ending double bill and the good guys managed to rescue both hostages, defeat both the bad parties AND get exonorated in two episodes! Before those two episodes there was little sign that the entire thing would be wrapped up and the whole thing would be over.

So C-Note and Sucre somehow managed to infiltrate The Company HQ's elite security (only after getting ahold of T-Bag after presumably taking out an elite trained assassin); and even stranger, suddenly having the Colonel arrested means that the company is no longer a threat to any of those involved whatsoever. Never mind that it seemed to be a huge company with an almost limitless supply of henchmen (hence the killing them after any slight fuckup), even managing to develop technology far ahead of the real world and seemingly have control of almost every decision there was.

Now, the ending. Simply put; why? I have the utmost respect for those who don't try and be shocking or different just for the sake of it. Having Schofield die was just stupidly pointless...after the harrowing ordeal he has endured, even sacrificing his job to initiate it, his reward is to die from something that we hadn't heard a mention of since we all thought it was presumably cured with the 'fancy futuristic medical technology'. And Mahone...let's not even get started on that one. He only made it apparently clear throughout the seasons that he loved his ex-wife dearly, so for him to get with his ex-colleague is just bizarre; especially as it seemed he was always using her (and usually was) throughout the show.

Prison Break series 1 really was fantastic...series 2 was great, 3 wasn't all that and 4 was good to start off with but then became, frankly, absurd. And if the writers didn't feel like they had to be different for the sake of it then there might not have been such a seemingly pointless, daft ending.

Edited by Sheikah

So apparently Final Break aired on Israeli tv already. They aren't showing it in America, but they are in Israel. Funky.

Airs here Wednesday I believe? But it's available to be "acquired" for those without Sky.

Just watched The Final Break,

And yep it pretty much moved me to tears!

I challenge any one not to cry or at least come very close. And if you don't, well you should!... as a tribute to Michael and to IMO the greatest series EVER!

OMFG it was great!! Seriously, fantastically great!!

And it makes the overall ending SO much better.

Michael Scofield, what an absolute legend!

EDIT: Oh and how stunning does Sara look about 2mins in!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Everyone knew Scofield would die; his constant bleeding more than warrants it. He can't always be alive.

What saddens me is Don Self's outcome. For all the effort that he's done to keep those fake homeland security bastards from getting to scofield and burrows. But that bit, also leaves some some questions, too. Like, what happened to those two?

And honestly, I wouldn't want to be a federal agent for the same reason Mr. Self has gone through. Turning your head into a peanut head? Yeah, no thanks.

So I've not watched any of season 4 but I skipped ahead and watched the Final Break and pretty much agree with what Retro said. It was a very fitting ending to what's been an awesome adventure of the 4 years.

Few problems with this.

1. Michael trusted Mahone a little too easily, and the betrayal with the blind spot was obvious.

2. I don't get at all why Sarah felt it necessary to join the "female T-Bag" group and get that scar.

3. Lack of LJ was a shame, I know the actor couldn't make it but he really belonged in this as an extra pair of hands running around with Linc and Sucre.

4. I find it strange that they kept the same loft where all of the shit from S4 went down.

But most of all:

5. If Michael can get a tattoo of a devils face, from which he can trace it accurately enough to project onto a wall in order to pinpoint the weak spots and break down using only an egg beater, I'm sure he can rig some sort of mechanical device to connect the two wires remotely. Hell, why didn't he just drop them onto each other and jump out the way?

Well yeah maybe he could have tried dropping one on top of the other, but maybe the force of all the electicity would have pushed both end away and they holding?

Guessing rubber gloves wouldn't have cut it either!

But anyways...

- He wanted to guarantee her and the baby escaped.

- He was gonna die of a brain tumor in a few weeks anyway! So he might aswell make certain of it!

Edited by Retro_Link