NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

I used to play PES with the FIFA controls according to my mates when we played 4 player PES6.

FIFA 08 was horrendous, the opposition just running circles around you all the time, literally. Pissed me right off.

Hope they've changed that.

I loved playing fifa 2003 (gamecube), i spent so many hours on that! Dunno why i never bought a footie game again maybe its coz there kinda all similar in a way?

I loved playing fifa 2003 (gamecube), i spent so many hours on that! Dunno why i never bought a footie game again maybe its coz there kinda all similar in a way?

I havn't owned a fifa since 03 on the cube either. gonna try the demo of this when it appears on PSN and see what I think...

I recently played FIFA 07 on the Gamecube, the first FIFA I have played since the rather poor FIFA 2004.. and it still didn't really do anything for me :hmm:

It wasn't terrible but I put Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution on straight after and it just felt so much better.. and a good few years older! I would like to try FIFA 09 on the PS3 though.. if my brother decides to get it :heh:

downloaded the demo...played for only a couple of minutes and it wasn't bad! I still need to get used to it, the feel of the game, controls etc but I don't think its that bad! I'll play some more me thinks.

Played a few matches. Feels like a slow, broken PES6 so far.

Edit: Actually, it's probably worse than the last FIFA game I played (FIFA 98 World Cup).

Felt exactly the same as 08. The graphics were just less of the shiny look and the players looked a lot thinner on the pitch.

The 5 minutes a half is annoying, you can't get into the game and play about. Before you know it it's on penalties.

Oh, was looking forward to this, think the PSN demo hits tonight...awaiting it eagerly and all. I've yet to play anything that comes near PES6.

Hope it's good.

OK, the game seems to be a lot less broken when you play against a good team. I only had one really annoying pass when I played against Chelsea (as opposed to Toronto FC).

Take it your playing the demo on the 360?

Apparently PES lovers have been saying that if you want a "true experience," turn the passing assists to "Manual" and the shooting assists to "Semi."

Ill have to try that myself...

plus dont play it like you play PES. only sprint when you have space, you cant just get down the wings and put crosses in.

Take it your playing the demo on the 360?

Apparently PES lovers have been saying that if you want a "true experience," turn the passing assists to "Manual" and the shooting assists to "Semi."

Ill have to try that myself...

I do that for passing but I leave shooting on auto. I change through ball to manual all the time. It's much better kicking the ball forward yourself, threading it through two defenders instead of the computer kicking it as far as he can to the bottom touchline for the other player to catch up to.

I do that for passing but I leave shooting on auto. I change through ball to manual all the time. It's much better kicking the ball forward yourself, threading it through two defenders instead of the computer kicking it as far as he can to the bottom touchline for the other player to catch up to.

yes that would definitely improve the demo for me! The through passes were awful, never going where I want them to go, despite me directing the ball via the control stick.

Felt exactly the same as 08. The graphics were just less of the shiny look and the players looked a lot thinner on the pitch.

Did you play 08 much? Felt very different to me, it felt faster, the shots felt more powerful, and the way they go is just different. The way the players knock about into each other is also very different, id say it was quite an improvement after a few plays, didnt like at first, but that was just the bitch in me.

I'd played through French, German, Spanish, English, and Italian league on 08. And online quite a lot of matches.

It felt exactly the same.

Anyway, they've added clans to the game. I'm tired and it's probably a bit late to understand what's written...but I don't get it.

You actually get to play a match with 10 people each playing one person on the pitch.

I'd hate to be the striker on a crap team never getting the ball...

I'd played through French, German, Spanish, English, and Italian league on 08. And online quite a lot of matches.

It felt exactly the same.

Anyway, they've added clans to the game. I'm tired and it's probably a bit late to understand what's written...but I don't get it.

You actually get to play a match with 10 people each playing one person on the pitch.

I'd hate to be the striker on a crap team never getting the ball...

So the clans are like Be a Pro mode but online....

I feel N-Europe clan coming on!

After playing this since 12 last night pretty much solidly I'm astounded by how good it is. There is so much depth to the play it's frightening but I can see that it's going to be something worthwhile. Especially online. The online club setup sounds phenomenal.

Can't wait to play more :)

Reckon you could get two achievements by having a defender score from a penalty?

Anyway, I've been playing the demo. It's alright, but certainly not the greatest experience I've had of playing a football game. But I might buy this regardless, as I want to play as Aston Villa, not as West Midlands Village. :indeed:

Oh, was looking forward to this, think the PSN demo hits tonight...awaiting it eagerly and all. I've yet to play anything that comes near PES6.

Hope it's good.

Have you played Pro EVo Wii?!?!?!

I'm downloading the PS3 demo now, can't wait :)

still not played as waiting for my 360 to be fixed. Seen some of the video's and the collision system looks crazy! Looks like it makes such a difference to the gameplay. Love the way defenders can lose balance and fall over!

Have you played Pro EVo Wii?!?!?

As good as PES Wii was, 06 on the PC is still my favourite :D Of course this is heavily edited with the 08/09 season, EA commentaries spanning 3-4 fifa's and over 200 stadiums and balls and real photos mapped onto the players faces. God bless the PC.

Back on topic, this years FIFA is incredible. The Be a Pro camera IS this:

Can't wait to get the full retail game.