NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

I'm torn over the next season. Do I go with Fifa or PES? Personally I've always preferred PES but 2008 was a bit of a disappointment and I've only heard good things about the recent Fifas.

I've had a few problems with the old Fifas. Often it would seem that the games felt a bit scripted, the same old tricks always worked and you couldn't counter attack as much as I would have liked to. Also Fifa 08 seemed a bit... bulky. The players all looked short and to be honest a bit tubby. It would seem that that has gone for 09 which is nice. The pace of the movement has also been improved which irritated me in 08.

I may just have to wait for the reviews but at the moment it looks like Fifa may win.

I'm torn over the next season. Do I go with Fifa or PES? Personally I've always preferred PES but 2008 was a bit of a disappointment and I've only heard good things about the recent Fifas.

I've had a few problems with the old Fifas. Often it would seem that the games felt a bit scripted, the same old tricks always worked and you couldn't counter attack as much as I would have liked to. Also Fifa 08 seemed a bit... bulky. The players all looked short and to be honest a bit tubby. It would seem that that has gone for 09 which is nice. The pace of the movement has also been improved which irritated me in 08.

I may just have to wait for the reviews but at the moment it looks like Fifa may win.

Same position as you mate. I'm a PES player myself but FIFA has been gettin alot of good rep recently. If the gameplay manages to rival that of PES than I'm sold. Plus the graphics and licenses are all good as well!

I can't stand the AI in PES.

But truth be told, most the fun I get out of PES is shouting at it.

Just been watching the videos from the original post. FIFA looks fuckin beautiful!

Siding more with FIFA then PES now tbh.

Yeah man, FIFA 09 looks real nice. The stiffness of FIFA 08 is no longer there, response times are bang on. Players no longer run on tracks!

Some of the animations look so smooth..

One thing that PES has done that i hope FIFA may do sometime is the total formation customization. In FIFA you have always had to use preset formations which meant I could never have quite what I wanted.

One thing that PES has done that i hope FIFA may do sometime is the total formation customization. In FIFA you have always had to use preset formations which meant I could never have quite what I wanted.

You can do all that and more now. The video's show examples of this. Now you can also create a custom formation and put it online for other people to download.

I have fifa 08 and think it's pretty good, but I have the same problems with it as you guys. However much this game will be better, I think one football game for a couple of years is good enough for me, there's so many other games that need saving up for.

I need one football game on my 360...right now I only play PES 08 on my old PS2...I've been waiting for the next FIFA/PES...right now I think I'm gonna go for FIFA. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the gameplay will match PES. Other than that, the graphics (looks BEAUTIFUL compared to PES), the menus, the commentary, the licenses to use all the real club names and strips....they are looking real tempting right now.

Wow, the commentary is amazing...Very fluent. "Now its Joe Cole"...I like how they added that fluently after their little convo.

great collisions.

OMG! He put a massive hole in that guy's leg!

Some nice improvements. I'd like to see such improvements improve the actual game as a whole though. Like if a player gets taken out via his leading leg, via a fast tackle, he is more likely to be injured. Some of the improvements are a long time coming and rather than being "cool" it's like an "at last!" moment. PES (last gen) had some cracking collisions, trapping animations, silky smooth play etc...

As much as EURO '08 was an improvement over FIFA '08, it was almost impossible to score from outside of the box and so it still felt scripted. The main thing that annoyed me was the players "appearing" and "disappearing" seconds after a new scene begins or ends. Really shot the hell out of the believability factor for me. Afterall, it made it look like the players were just super imposed onto each scene. No wonder, at times it looked like they were floating on the surfaces.

Looking forward to this for sure yet I'll reserve judgement until either a demo appears (soon?!) or reviews start coming in. Certainly looks tempting though!

My friend and I always buy FIFA every year for our respective systems. My friend is the PS3 (and XBOX) owner and I am the Wii (and PS2) owner.

FIFA on the PS3 is a must but this year and my friend will almost definitely get it but last year I got FIFA 08 on the Wii which was a bit of a let down for the avid FIFA player. I think I should of got it for my dusty unused PS2 instead.

The Wii is a bit of a "gimic" as such and FIFA should be a "Serious" game. Feel free to put all the gimicy stuff in there, but give us the option to turn it off and play it like the good ol' FIFA we know and love.

Anyone know whats happening with FIFA 09 on Wii thats different to the FIFA 08 version?

taken from there for me these are great features that I think will get me buying it;

Objective 3: Be A Pro – Seasons

Based on the massive success of the Be A Pro mode following its introduction in FIFA 08, EA realised that this mode needed to be built upon, especially in the single player mode. So, you pick a real-life player or create a custom one, and play over four full seasons building up points during each game by performing well. The aim of the game is to break into the National Team and become a National Legend.

Objective 4: Be A Pro Online – 10 vs. 10

Given the unprecedented success of this mode online EA naturally wanted to expand upon this. Last years 5 vs. 5 mode was played exclusively by 40% of FIFA 08 players. In English, that means 40% of people who played FIFA 08 online ONLY played Be A Pro. That’s quite a statistic. This year its 10 vs. 10 and it’s gonna be a massive hit.

FIFA 09 continues to impress!!

Demo is out 11th September..

Definitely gonna download the demo....I really hope I like the control system...I've been playing PES all my life, so its gonna take some getting used to!