Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Red Steel 2 (£4.95 @Zavvi)

blender

Hero-of-Time: Have you looked in the options menu? There should be an option where you can set how strong motions you need to make. I believe it's called "Swing Strength" and from there you can choose from "Athletic", "Regular" and "Relaxed", with "Relaxed" needing only short, more relaxed swings.

Thanks for this! I will try this later.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played this for about 3 hours non-stop! It's very good! I love finding the 'sheriff tokens'...not sure it's because i'm not a newbie to games or possibly i'm physic..but where-ever i think one might be..there it is! :grin:

It's a great game, pleased i purchased it...definately one of the best third-party games anyway!

hey guys,

I got a question from a friend about this game. Red steel 2 has a western/asian mix theme, but he's not sure if he's going to buy it.

The main reason for that is the western theme is putting him off, in his early years he was forced to watch those cheap cheesy western movies.

My question is, will he dig this game or will it put him off, in other words is the dialogue cheesy and does it has western cliché’s all over it?

@Owen was that the thing why you werent excited about the game in the first place or not?

hey guys,

I got a question from a friend about this game. Red steel 2 has a western/asian mix theme, but he's not sure if he's going to buy it.

The main reason for that is the western theme is putting him off, in his early years he was forced to watch those cheap cheesy western movies.

My question is, will he dig this game or will it put him off, in other words is the dialogue cheesy and does it has western cliché’s all over it?

@Owen was that the thing why you werent excited about the game in the first place or not?

I have no idea why i wasn't excited about it in the end...i think the couple of delays may have just stopped me caring about it..i'm pleased i bought it though, it's fun to play..thats all that matters!

I wouldn't really say it's cheesy..style wise i would say thats the best thing about the game, it's very cool!

Western Cliche's? well..does tumbleweed count? haha

Dialogue can be ever so cheesy at times, yes...but not to the extent of being laughable.

If your a wii owner, you'll be daft to miss this one out to be honest..i think if you get over the fact your literally going into arenas and fighting a number of enemies..then moving on..or switching a switch then fighting a number of enemies..then moving on...

Perhaps my low expectations ended up helping! :D

I have no idea why i wasn't excited about it in the end...i think the couple of delays may have just stopped me caring about it..i'm pleased i bought it though, it's fun to play..thats all that matters!

I wouldn't really say it's cheesy..style wise i would say thats the best thing about the game, it's very cool!

Western Cliche's? well..does tumbleweed count? haha

Dialogue can be ever so cheesy at times, yes...but not to the extent of being laughable.

If your a wii owner, you'll be daft to miss this one out to be honest..i think if you get over the fact your literally going into arenas and fighting a number of enemies..then moving on..or switching a switch then fighting a number of enemies..then moving on...

Perhaps my low expectations ended up helping! :D

But its not like all the stages look like they come right out of a western movie. Its more like it borrows some things from the western genres (so no yeeehaaa, or fake western accents).

ALSO:

Also, In the US this game is selling pretty well. Some of the people of neogaf went to the shop this week and the game is rapidly selling out. Some retailers even say that the game might be the best selling 3rd party game to date.:D

But its not like all the stages look like they come right out of a western movie. Its more like it borrows some things from the western genres (so no yeeehaaa, or fake western accents).

ALSO:

Also, In the US this game is selling pretty well. Some of the people of neogaf went to the shop this week and the game is rapidly selling out. Some retailers even say that the game might be the best selling 3rd party game to date.:D

Oh, so far definately no yeeehaaa's..and no fake western accents..not sure he'll be amazed with the overall voice-acting of some of the characters though!

hmmmm, if it's advertised well, that doesn't surprise me.

Oh, so far definately no yeeehaaa's..and no fake western accents..not sure he'll be amazed with the overall voice-acting of some of the characters though!

hmmmm, if it's advertised well, that doesn't surprise me.

Its getting good reviews, and on mayor sites i see banners of the game also the game got magazine ads in europe aswell as in the US.

The US got a television commercial witch is really really cheasy, jjust like the commercial of the first game.

It really feels to me that this game is a do or die game, If this game out of all the 3th party offerings isnt selling im willing to bet that we wont get red steel 3 or even another (ubisoft) core game. Not to be dramatic for any means, but the wii now has a sticker for "3th party games wont ever sell as good as the 1st party offerings" (not that all 3th party offerings are good, but silent hill shattered memories deserved better than 20 000 copies in 4 weeks in europe).

Well, after 2 hours in the game i did change it to "relax mode", i got cramps in my arm. Really hope that the next zelda will also feature a "relax mode" becose im not playing my games while standing, i sit on my bed:).

Anyone else got the same problem after about 2 hours?

well cancelled my preorder due to lack of funds so joins the lengthy list of to play games. some of the reviews make for good reading especially eurogamers.

You're a terrible person. May you forever wear the cone of shame.

Speaking of people who are attractive, apparently my copy is arriving on Tuesday. So Woo!

Edited by LostOverThere

Guest Captain Falcon

Don't know if it's been posted here (I had a quick look and couldn't see) but shopto have Red Steel 2 with Motion Plus for just £29.85 which seems pretty cheap to me.

My bundle from Amazon arrived this morning. Spent an hour with it, and it's very good. Great graphics and the controls work well, but parrying doesn't seem as accurate compared to Sports Resort. The quick-time battle on the truck was a great moment, hopefully there's more to come, too add some variety and give the arms a rest.

Went in the all-formats chart at Number 34! Not good at all....I'm slightly concerned about 'mature' titles future on Wii...seriously, developers won't make em if no-one 'seems' to be buying them! This game deserved top 10 at least!

developers won't make em if no-one 'seems' to be buying them!

Consumers won't buy them if publishers push them put to market and act like they don't exist.

Not one single advert in Europe.

But we all knew that would be the case, right? This is nothing unexpected.

Not one single advert in Europe.

But we all knew that would be the case, right? This is nothing unexpected.

I saw an advert for it. Must have been prime time as well because that's the only time I watch TV. Was a good advert.

Yikes! Even Madword, last March's hardcore title, peaked higher at number 28.

Didn't see any retailers advertising it in any of the weekend papers either.

you can all blame the lack of advertising, but i wouldt know if a tv commercial would accually work(look at madworld, it got a tv commercial and look how that ended up). Its a core game, and they tend to view reviews and game websites. Those websites have tons of red steel 2 advertising bars.

Lets hope for the best, but if the US sales are dramasticly ore than the european ones than you ccould say something about advertising.

But one thing is for sure, if this game doesnt sell than ubisoft will pull the plug on the core game market for wii and i would even disagree with them.

If a port of a 4 year old game that is ported manny times can sell more than 1 million (yea im talking about re4 wii edition), than a new game in an already known brand would be capable of more than a million in lifetime sales.

I saw an advert for it. Must have been prime time as well because that's the only time I watch TV. Was a good advert.

More fool me then. Still, it's pretty clear no third party Wii titles these days get anywhere near the scale of marketing big-name PS3/360 titles do, except if Nintendo get behind them. A well-orchestrated marketing push would encapsulate television, print media and the publisher collaborating with retailers. One of the main reasons why God of War III did very, very well.

Ubisoft will neglect Red Steel 2, get less-than-blockbuster sales for it and then blame the Wii audience for its performance and say that's the reason they aren't making any more games like it. A Cartesian circle of stupidity.

It could have something to do with GoW being stupidly fantastic and being the 3rd in a successful series.

Theres simply no real excuse for it now, the game was hyped up by every major gaming site, got great reviews and still gets outsold by the likes of Prison Break. In Ubisofts defense i've seen a couple of adverts and quite a few pics in the papers promoting the game.

Core gamers knew this game was coming but it just looks like they don't care for these types of games on the Wii. MH3 better sell well or I won't be happy.

Week 12, 2010 - Individual Formats

26 (__) PS3 Prison Break: The Conspiracy (Koch Media)

27 (__) 360 Prison Break: The Conspiracy (Koch Media)

33 (__) WII Red Steel 2 (Ubisoft)

Prison Break beats Red Steel 2 and Just Dance has been staying in the top 5 for month now.