NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Wii Sports Resort

They're not going to market the Motion Plus, they're going to market Wii Sports Resort and then the casuals will buy it so they can have 4 people playing it.

The difference between this and Wii Sports and Wii Play is that Wii Sports and Wii Play are polished technical demos, Wii play more than Wii Sports. But Resort looks more like an actual proper game. The Jet Ski game is actually developed by the Team that did the Wave Race games. That alone suggests more effort is being put in. The Sword fighting, although, probably not that deep, will probably turn out to be quite good, Proper sword fighting is something I've been waiting for since the Wii Remote was revealed, now that it can actually be done properly.... The Dog frisbee game while It doesn't appeal to me at all really, is probably more intended for children than anyone here. Although, there's a lot of potential wasted with it, why not be able to import your Nintendog and play with it rather than the Wii Fit one? Although, I would like to see what else is in it. Swimming is very likely since Miyamoto let it slip that he's been into that lately, probably to build hype.

hmm I don't think nintendo will fuck this up by making it too pricy to be honest.. As it is they are going to have trouble convincing the casual they need this.. I mean..

tv ad: Motionplus actually let's you sense motions you are making on-screen

soccermom: doesn't my wii already do that?

I really want to see them react like that, just shows how little casuals know.

I can't help but notice we discriminate the casual gamers, perhaps we're turning into game-ists :heh:

Thing is, this isn't like Wii Sports. It's got 10 games on it, and I imagine most of them will be much more developed than Wii Sports. Can't wait for E3 so we can see the other sports and see whats going on with the content!

Do we have any confirmation on 10 games?

Also there's only so much you can develop throwing a frisbee for a dog and that will count as a whole game. I'd expect 3 or 4 fleshed out ones (a little) and a lot of gimmicky stuff no one ever plays.

Game have now upped the pre-order price for this+MP to £44.99. I wonder if anyone on here was savvy enough to bang an order down when it was £39.99...

Game have now upped the pre-order price for this+MP to £44.99. I wonder if anyone on here was savvy enough to bang an order down when it was £39.99...

Ah, man. Bit strange though since I'm sure they've dropped the price of WMP from £24.99 to £19.99.

Edited by Ike

Ah, man. Bit strange though since I'm sure they've dropped the price of WMP from 324.99 to £19.99.

As they should have! :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Gameplay and Play are both £39.99.

I'm inclined to put an order down now, actually. Haven't pre-ordered a game this far in advance in what seems years, but I know I'll regret it if everywhere goes up to £45.

Do we know if this is being sold seperately or not?

I'm prob getting my first M+ with Grand Slam Tennis, and will prob import any others M+'s.

Do we know if this is being sold seperately or not?

WiiSports Resort? I doubt it, since all the games probably use M+.

Pre-ordered from Gameplay at £39.99 to try and get it a bit cheap and hopefully won't need to pay extra if it bumps up.

Well if it's not sold seperately Shopto currently have it at £29.99 which is the best price atm!

http://www.shopto.net/WII/GAMES/WIIWI09-Wii%20Sports%20Resort.html

Shopto currently have problems with their banking system. Their card payment system fails to communicate with quite a large number of banks including Co-op (my bank), Yorkshire, Barclays, Clydsdale to name a few.

They've also said, upon enquiry that they'll not honour that price should it change in the future. Not sure if they're allowed to do that though..?

Yeah I've had Shopto's pre-order price change on me before and just cancelled it, but what online retailers honour their first pre-order prices?

Yeah I've had Shopto's pre-order price change on me before and just cancelled it, but what online retailers honour their first pre-order prices?

Quite a few, Play, Gameplay, Amazon, GAME (they're my regulars), and i'm sure they honour their preorder prices. Don't they have to, under contracts of sale legislation (surely someone knows a bit more than us).

So, new games, Golf, and Table tennis. Hopefully they aren't just clones of the Wii Sports and Wii Play versions with added Motion Plus.

So, new games, Golf, and Table tennis. Hopefully they aren't just clones of the Wii Sports and Wii Play versions with added Motion Plus.

What else can they be? Its a freaking disgrace that they are putting Wii Play/Sports games in this, there had better be ALOT more new content to this package.

So, thats Table Tennis, Golf, Cammie's Disk Dog, Fenceing with Pencils and Jetski. Only 3 more to go...

I've just realised from the latest videos how nice the game looks. They could have just kept it on the same ultra-simplistic diet as the original, so it's nice they've beefed the engine up a bit to justify the retail release.

Hope it has online...

I'm extremely dissapointed that they have used two old games in this also! Golf is totally acceptable on Wii Sports and table tennis is acceptable on Wii Play, they really didn't need updating! Besides Golf MotionPlus is covered with Tiger Woods!

Whats the next one going to be? Boxing? tut tut

EDIT: It does look very nice, your right D_prOdigy.

Okay, it's a little annoying, especially as Tiger Woods will be a much better golfing experience. But Table Tennis on Wii Play wasn't really table tennis was it, just moving the paddle from side to side, more like pong. I imagine this will be ACTUALLy swinging the paddle....in a way it'll be more of a rip off of Tennis...

Also, this is HIGHLY unlikely....but what if Wii Sports resort DOES have online play...and includes the original Wii Sports with it, complete with Motion Plus and online?!!?

So far, only Golf interests me. And only if they've massively improved the putting.

^^^ Really, looks pretty much the same as the first game to me, except maybe golf looks a little prettier.

Quite pleased about Golf actually, be nice to have some new courses; although there really should have been downloadable ones for the first game.

Table tennis might be quite fun, I don't have Wii Play so don't mind as much.

Sword fighting looks rubbish!

Unless the other 3 games 'wow' me I don't think I'll rush to get this game. I'm thinking of buying Grand Slam Tennis but then again I don't want a Wii motion plus+ sitting around untill Winter to get used again.

Sign in to follow this