NEurope
scubahood

Best console of all time?

Considering i've bought more 360 games in the last 3 years (48 arcade games, 40 something retail games) than i have on any console ever, i'd say the 360 has enough games on it to say its one of the best consoles of all time.

Aye, but you have to remember, you're older now and can afford more games no doubt than when previous consoles were out.

Wii. It truly is the new N64. You may not appreciate it now, but in five years time, you'll back at those golden Wii days.

Wii. It truly is the new N64. You may not appreciate it now, but in five years time, you'll back at those golden Wii days.

I don't have one and I'm so amazingly unconvinced by the Wii

Has to be the Dreamcast for me - I can't believe it'll be 10 YEARS since its Japanese launch this November. Too many amazing games and there's still loads I need to catch up on.

So yeah, DC as my favourite with the GameCube and Saturn joint second.

I don't have one and I'm so amazingly unconvinced by the Wii

Really, there aren't really many great games for it. I love Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy and Wii sports but that's about it.

Really, there aren't really many great games for it. I love Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy and Wii sports but that's about it.

Yeah, it has a handful of fun party and pick up and play style games, good for a quick game but certainly won't put it in the running for greatest console...

The best game I've played on the Wii was Resident Evil 4, and even then, it's just a widescreen version of the GameCube version which I already completed.. with some funky controls which although neat, will tire your hands out..

You say that, but honestly, there aren't really many great games on any current gen console.

You say that, but honestly, there aren't really many great games on any current gen console.

Haha, no, the 360 is shaping up to be the best console ever, let alone this generation, in no small part due to the welcoming of smaller developers and certainly the xbox arcade... RezHD? Thank you very much

Also don't just say HURR ALL FPS GAEMS AND SHIT.. for the record I don't even own Halo 3..

Also, I like the Wii, it's cheap and cheerful, but it doesn't really offer a deep gaming experience, lets face it, Mario Kart Wii is no better than Mario Kart 64 (I actually like Mario Kart 64 better because there's no automatic mode)

I gotta say, weighing up nostalgia, novelty, enjoyment and time... Xbox360 strikes me as the one that has offered the most for me. Deadrising, katamari, gears of war, halo 3, skate, then the arcade games like metal slug, rez, geometry wars, streets of rage (though I do think including the games is slightly cheating...) -- not forgetting guitar hero 3 and rock band, I've had some of the best multi/co-op gaming experiences with this console.

For me, GC will always have the largest library of overlooked games, the N64 will be my first proper experience with multiplayer joys, and the master system 2 was my first console, so hearts are always tied to that.

But if anything, i think consoles/games are getting better, so we can do nothing but smile!

Has to be the Gamecube. Although many might disagree with me, I loved my time with it.

It's controller is the most comfortable ever to date.

Has to be the Gamecube. Although many might disagree with me, I loved my time with it.

It's controller is the most comfortable ever to date.

I think the 360 one is better, but the D-Pad on the 360 sucks a bit, and the sticks on the GameCube are better (I love those notches!)

Haha, no, the 360 is shaping up to be the best console ever, let alone this generation, in no small part due to the welcoming of smaller developers and certainly the xbox arcade... RezHD? Thank you very much

Also don't just say HURR ALL FPS GAEMS AND SHIT.. for the record I don't even own Halo 3..

Also, I like the Wii, it's cheap and cheerful, but it doesn't really offer a deep gaming experience, lets face it, Mario Kart Wii is no better than Mario Kart 64 (I actually like Mario Kart 64 better because there's no automatic mode)

Hmmm, I will insinuate that most 360 games are FPS', because, well... it's true. You cannot deny the past and current influx of FPS' on the system. Sure, a fair amount of them are good, but it only requires a breif flick through the previews section of Gamesmaster to see just how many there truly are. I can't help but think 'Surely this must get boring!!?'

Obviously, the Wii isn't much better with its admittedly good Mario related games, but if thats what pulls in the cash on that format, FPS' and Mario games will continue to be developed.

Add to that the fact half of 360 games aren't 360 exclusive...

Hmmm, I will insinuate that most 360 games are FPS', because, well... it's true. You cannot deny the past and current influx of FPS' on the system. Sure, a fair amount of them are good, but it only requires a breif flick through the previews section of Gamesmaster to see just how many there truly are. I can't help but think 'Surely this must get boring!!?'

Obviously, the Wii isn't much better with its admittedly good Mario related games, but if thats what pulls in the cash on that format, FPS' and Mario games will continue to be developed.

Add to that the fact half of 360 games aren't 360 exclusive...

I'd just like to point out Gears of War and halo 3 one is indeed a 3rd person shooter, but both are exclusive, and both utterly sexy killer apps. Bioshock and F.E.A.R are also first person shooters... but I think you're being a bit silly saying that this is some sort of flaw. If Wii only has cash-pullers due to a mass-demographic-friendly facade that nintendo now has, then I'sd say a string of top-quality FPS beats that.

Mario Kart Wii is better than the 64 version, it doesn't seem to hold up as well nowdays as it did and the online on kart wii is immense.

I'd just like to point out Gears of War and halo 3 one is indeed a 3rd person shooter, but both are exclusive, and both utterly sexy killer apps. Bioshock and F.E.A.R are also first person shooters... but I think you're being a bit silly saying that this is some sort of flaw. If Wii only has cash-pullers due to a mass-demographic-friendly facade that nintendo now has, then I'sd say a string of top-quality FPS beats that.

Gears isn't exclusive actually. :P

To me it's not a matter of being good, or bad it's a matter of taste and what you want to play.

Also, Wii doesn't have only demographic friendly cash pullers and it's definitely not a facade.

Never compared it to the current gen, rather I was referring to someone who thought it was the best console of all time.

Would be the 360..if it wasn't so prone to breaking all of the time.

Probably the SNES for me, it's what really got me into gaming, the NES was a good console...but the SNES is what really did it for me.